Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2012, 04:24 PM
Originally Posted by madisondobie View Post
Haha yes well spotted i did get in trouble for dropping the lead in ringcraft once - must work on my co-ordination.

Yes baiting her in the picture i will definitely work on it, although the problem is she moves her head back instead of her neck being extended when i dont bait - im learning as i go along though so all this help is great.

Oh and good idea re bum i say teeth when they look at her teeth so will definitely choose a word for bum
You can still bait but try having the food in front a bit more - not at her mouth so she wants to chew - it will come with age and time

Its not easy this showing ! people think its a doddle don't they!!
madisondobie
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-03-2012, 06:52 PM
Originally Posted by rachelsetters View Post
You can still bait but try having the food in front a bit more - not at her mouth so she wants to chew - it will come with age and time

Its not easy this showing ! people think its a doddle don't they!!
Much harder then i thought - i thought agility was complicated but this showing lark is difficult too
Will work on having the food just in front and hopefully she will stop moving her head back the more we practice.

She poo'd on the floor at ringcraft last week oh my goodness i didn't know where to put myself but i suppose after that embarrassment my handling skills can't embarass me too much
bijou
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-03-2012, 06:51 AM
the 1st pic is almost there ! - she just needs to have her front legs a tad more centred under her shoulders ( imagine a line form the point of the withers down to the floor ) and I'd move her back legs a wee bit further. Hold the bait a little further out and ever so slightly down to get that lovely reach of neck and emphasise the curve of the nape - otherwise really good and a very promising pup
jules880
New Member!
Female 

07-03-2012, 01:50 PM
She looks nice, it might be helpful if you can find a ringcraft with other dobies, watching others is a great way to learn, also when you enter shows stay around if you can to watch some of the other classes, a lot of people round the ring were very helpful when I started out. Good luck.
madisondobie
Almost a Veteran
Female 

07-03-2012, 05:41 PM
Originally Posted by bijou View Post
the 1st pic is almost there ! - she just needs to have her front legs a tad more centred under her shoulders ( imagine a line form the point of the withers down to the floor ) and I'd move her back legs a wee bit further. Hold the bait a little further out and ever so slightly down to get that lovely reach of neck and emphasise the curve of the nape - otherwise really good and a very promising pup
Thanks, its a work in progress getting her to not move her head backwards when i dont bait her so close but we will get there im sure Darn it and there was me thinking at least i have the front legs in the right place - more work needed on that then, back legs still working on it as she tends to go on tip toe if i move her legs any further back but i will do it bit by bit. Thanks for the advice.
madisondobie
Almost a Veteran
Female 

07-03-2012, 05:45 PM
Originally Posted by jules880 View Post
She looks nice, it might be helpful if you can find a ringcraft with other dobies, watching others is a great way to learn, also when you enter shows stay around if you can to watch some of the other classes, a lot of people round the ring were very helpful when I started out. Good luck.
Im in Bromley kent and havn't been able to find any dobie ring craft, in fact first ring craft i went to told me to look on youtube to know how to stand her! not very helpful so it took me another couple of months to find this one which seems very helpful but no dobes there.

Im going to crufts on saturday so will be watching the dobes and hopefully seeing Merfs breeder to get some advice, how long have you been showing? do you enjoy it?
jules880
New Member!
Female 

18-03-2012, 05:15 PM
Hi, hope you enjoyed crufts, we have only been showing for 18 months and its been a huge learning curve, and still have a long way to go! Who is your breeder? I will ask around to see if anyone knows any clubs in your area. Just remember to enjoy it whether you win or not.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2012, 05:25 PM
Originally Posted by madisondobie View Post
Im in Bromley kent and havn't been able to find any dobie ring craft, in fact first ring craft i went to told me to look on youtube to know how to stand her! not very helpful so it took me another couple of months to find this one which seems very helpful but no dobes there.

Im going to crufts on saturday so will be watching the dobes and hopefully seeing Merfs breeder to get some advice, how long have you been showing? do you enjoy it?
Give your local breed club a phone and they will be able to let you know where most of the dobes are going
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3