Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2011, 08:38 PM

A lead for jogging?

I am not fit enough to jog just now....... and alfie is only 11 months, so no plans to go jogging like tomorrow but basically I would like to jog round my local park when I get fitter and when Alfie is over 12 months, but was wondering what the best lead would be?

His recall is awesome (if there is noone else in the park) and I am sure if I was jogging he would run with me, but at the moment if he sees another dog he is off, and that would result in me running back and forth across the park, rather than going round the edge

So I am thinking of getting a lead that could go round my waist and clip to his collar. He is short so has to be a bit longer, and I want it so there is a bit of "room" in the lead so he isn't glued to my side, but not as long as the long line I have at the moment.

Any suggestions?

I had thought about clipping the long line (I reckons its about 12 feet, but I am useless with dimentions ) round my wait onto itself and using that, but was wondering if there was anything more "specific"? Thanks

EDIT: Unless a slightly longer normal lead would work and I just hold it? Or are they better with the little bit more room on the lead?
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2011, 09:03 PM
There are waist belts with lead attachments like the ones above - looking on 'dog sport' type websites should come up with various designs. Otherwise you could go for a training lead, like the Halti one, which has clips on each end and rings up the length of it. You can use it doubled up as a regular short lead, only done up at the end with a little handle to get about 6' of lead, or do it up around your shoulder (like a messenger bag) or around your waist.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2011, 09:55 PM
I go running regularly. I use a long 5 meter line for Dougal. It's long enough to give him a bit of room but short enough that it doesn't tangle up too much. I don't tie it round me, I carry it in my hand but because of the length it's not a hindrance.

When Dougal isn't being a lazy wee get (like he was today) he likes it.
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2011, 10:12 PM
I use a Canadog Bungee line attached to a harness, sometimes I use a belt, but often just hold it.
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2011, 10:51 PM
Thanks everyone
lucy-h
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-02-2011, 06:41 PM
I have the cani-x equipment and regularly run with Boris, but before I forked out for all the gear I bought this. It's a tenner from innerwolf and lasted a year before I upgraded. It's very handy. I wore it round my waist as you can adjust it.

http://www.innerwolf.co.uk/running-c...ging-lead.html