Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2010, 08:05 PM

I need to Vent! Sorry!

What is it with people!

Don't know if anyone will remember, but a few months ago I started a thread about a friend of mine, who got a pup. took it home, then decided she couldnt afford to pay the breeder.

Well, she's annoyed me again!

She has an American Bulldog (I think that's what Cassie is), and has just decided out of the blue, that she's going to sell her. She needs the money because she has just got a new job, and she needs to buy things for it. She said she is having to stay away during the week, and feels bad for her boyfriend, having the look after the dog, even though she disappeared down South from end of September until January and just left Cassie with her boyfriend. I'm not sure why she suddenly wants to sell Cass! I didn't realise dogs were so disposable, especially when she loves her dog oh so much!

And theres another friend that is getting right on my last nerve! He's the guy that used to own Tilly, and is so obsessed with us having a litter of pups from her, and keeps hassling me to find out if she is in season! Whats so hard to understand about us not wanting pups from her and that she is OUR dog now, not his!

He said that he's got something for OH, but needs to know if we going to have pups from Tilly first, coz OH needs room to fit it in, and I have told OH that if he's offering another dog, we are not taking it. I'm not having any of his dogs, dogs that he can't be bothered to train properly and are a liabilty, wanting to chase and kill everything! Well, I would want to get the dog away from him, but I need to let me head rule my heart, because I just can't cope with unruly terriers!! Tilly is my limit, and she has calmed down a smidge now!

Phew, rant over! Sorry everyone!!

x
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2010, 09:34 PM
Okay now breath What a numpty of a friend and I would be telling her off (I know it is her dog and all but I think it is a well known fact dogs have a fairly good life span and that is what you take on and don't know why she changes her mind all of a sudden, hopefully the b/f will want to keep the dog and if not hopefully a good home will be found and she remembers in the future she should not get a dog.
As for Tilly's owner I would be drawing the line and stating as you have she is NEVER having a litter of pups so he shouldnt hold his breath as he will turn blue before any pups are born and he gave up his right to Tilly when he gave her away, what a numpty
Hugs to you somedays it just gets to you doesnt it
Bagwoman
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-01-2010, 09:20 AM
Just get Tilly spayed - that will shut him up for good
AlbionLass
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-01-2010, 06:19 PM
..or at least tell him she's been spayed.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2010, 11:17 AM
oh your first friend sounds horrible! and your second friend sounds like a total plonker, i think the idea to tell him she has been spayed is a great one!
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2010, 05:55 PM
I am pleased to say Cassie has found a new home. A friend of mine has bought her for all of 60pounds! She has spent her first few evenings asleep on the sofa next to him!

The friend that gave us Tilly, has got OH a new dog apparently, I've told OH that is he takes it, then thats it, I'm gone. I don't want another dog from the idiot, he's got 9 dogs, most of them under a year old, they are all going to be wild, One wild dog is enough for me!

x
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2010, 08:39 PM
This is Cassie!

I've spoken to her new owner tonight, she seems to be settling quite well.
Cassie did intially belong to my friends dad, but he wanted rid of her, because she was never house trained properly apparently, but my friend has had her in the house, and she has only had a couple of accidents, which her new owner says was his fault, as he obviously didn't let her out for long enough before bed!!
She's definatly landed on her feet now!!
x
T0xic
New Member!
Female 

29-01-2010, 09:02 PM
I really don't know how people can get rid of their dogs just on a whim , there is no way on this earth I could ever get rid of my boy.. even if I couldn't scrape two pennies together I'd find away to keep my dog with me or with mum.

Unfortunatly in Plymouth (where I live) a week or so after christmas there was a period of time where people were getting rid of / abandoning there OLDER pets to make way for the new puppies they got for christmas!

http://www.thisisplymouth.co.uk/news...l/article.html

Truely disgusting, DOGS ARE NOT A DISPOSABLE COMMODITY!

Ps; Cassie looks gorgeous so glad she's found the right owner now!
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2010, 09:59 PM
Cassie is a lovely lttle dog, some people make me so mad, they treat dogs like furniture I would be giving that friend of yours a good tongue lashing!!!

Glad cassie has found a forever home...at last!! and am glad that Tilly is calming down a tad now.

xxxx
k9xxb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2010, 03:16 PM
Glad Cassie has found a new home - i was about to enquire if she was local to you as i was in the co-op today and there was a notice for an Am/bulldog for sale. On the same ad board there was an ad for a 5 month rotti pup - nothing about homechecks - they just wanted rid.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >