View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-05-2017, 12:14 PM
Red shirt maybe griff. If you go prepared things rarely go wrong.

Just had a very frustrated Peter on the phone he has been trying to get a blood test done at home she had an appointment for tomorrow. But she cannot go even though the sickness etc., seems to of stopped she is very weak.
Anyway after much hassling she has someone going to do the blood test at home for her we hope later today or tomorrow it is urgent they need the results of that to see if she can be given the radiotherapy. Also the doctor has left a prescription at Boots for Peter to pick up for her to help clear her tongue of the nasty stuff that is giving her problems.
June sorry to hear your friend is feeling so unwell to.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2017, 12:20 PM
Thank goodness the Dr has done her a prescription! wonder if it is the nystatin stuff...minging stuff but very soothing...i hope whoever is supposed to come and do her bloods arrives promptly and fingers crossed for good results so if she wants the radiotherapy she can go.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-05-2017, 12:21 PM
She sounds to me like she is feeling at the end of her rope and doesn't want any intervention, but knows if there isn't intervention then she is going to be worse, between a rock and a hard place really. If it were me I would actually go ahead and do what is needed to help her, it sounds bad, but if it were a dog, that was trying to bite you every time you tried to help it with an injury, you would still help that dog wouldn't you and evade the biting. That dog still needs intervention to deal with the injury when all said and done, otherwise it may die in pain.
My mother fought me tooth and nail all the way, she was like Miss Haversham sat in that house with everything falling apart around her, managed to persuade her to let a cleaner in and then took her to see a flat in sheltered housing (council had her at the top of the list the situation was so serious with her) which she said she liked. Actually then managed to get the documentation signed. On the day of the move she denied she'd ever seen the flat or signed anything, my brother ran away and me and my 2 sons were left to deal with it, which we did. The names she called me and the abuse loaded on me are still with me to this day, but I know I did the right thing by her, and that is the absolute crux of it
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-05-2017, 02:02 PM
Gill rang me while Peter was picking up her prescription. When she started ranting about him intervening I pointed out that she did need some help and also getting her blood done at home was not a bad thing was it ? She did admit it wasn't a bad thing and she wouldn't of managed the journey to and from Romford.
She did say she hated being treated like a 7 year old. If they got on they might discuss things rather than Peter shouting the house down which she really doesn't need at this time.
She said her tongue is the colour of a raspberry and her lips she has been peeling the skin off and they look like she has had 12 rounds of botox.
She says she will take the radiotherapy if offered which I knew she would.
I said you have to be better than you are so now when this stuff works for her mouth hopefully she will be able to keep some food down. She is drinking lots so that's good.
So hopefully smoothed things over.

Popped down to see about the plans that Beth was told were passed by Gordon's son. As I thought they are not they need one more report on one tree all the other 99 are fine. So more money and plans being re-submitted so nearer than we were.
Not sure why his son said plans were passed or how Beth understood it.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-05-2017, 02:19 PM
Is it the tablets that have done that Lynn, I thought she may have thrush, but it doesn't sound like that from what you've described.
Thank goodness you have faced her and said well its the best thing isn't it really, because she has to admit it is. I am sure she hates being treated like a child, but its because people care and she is refusing to go ahead with anything, thats the only way she has control over it all I think, because when you made her think about it, she straight away agreed that it wasn't a bad thing.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-05-2017, 02:39 PM
Think it's the tablets June.
Sickness and diarrhea stopped so if she can get her mouth sorted hopefully she will be on the way to feeling well again.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2017, 02:43 PM
Hello all
Been out on a long walk with Rosie & Lauryn, it's a walk I can't go on on my own now, because of the styles & the uneven paths round the resevoir, it's annoying in one way but I do love walking with Lauryn coming along, she's good fun
Lynn hope the tablets work for Gill, and they arrive quickly to do the blood tests ((hugs))
Griff well done to you & Kota
I've got to go to work soon, not feeling it lol but I finish at 8.30
Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0074.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	109.1 KB
ID:	5554   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0075.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	5555  
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-05-2017, 04:05 PM
Lovely piccies,Mandy. Walk round the reservoir would be giving me an afternoon nap, hoping that you get the op soon and you can go on walks by yourself if you want. Lauryn is looking really well and very happy and mustn't forget the gorgeous piccie of Rosie in the sun, making the most of it while we have it.
Hoping Gill is sorted out quickly and can eat again without repercussions from either end.
Been and had a good tidy up outside and done the beds, teas are done (chicken breast with veg, bio yogurt, cottage cheese and in the case of Cariad and Lona Manuka honey), Lona also has an AB tablet snuggled in with the chopped chicken breast
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2017, 06:38 PM
Terrific photos Mandy!!
back from hospital...he mentioned surgery but has said i can try the cream first to see if that helps with the nosebleeds so fingers crossed! also went and checked at the xray dept about the scan and that for my foot... the lad says it will take around 6 weeks...i said errr yeah, i have been referred about that long, he went off and checked with someone else...apparently my scan has been put on hold?? i will be waiting at least another month he says so i have called the drs tonight to see if i can get some stronger painkillers as it is really peeing me off now..i don't know why it is on hold or what the heck that means
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-05-2017, 07:08 PM
Lovely photos Mandy.
Blimey griff wonder why that's on hold. Fingers crossed for the cream working.

Gill has eaten a small baked potato and no repercussions got the message about an hour ago and no message as of yet to say any different. Fingers crossed.
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >