Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2017, 11:37 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Platinum sounds interesting griff.

Kazz it has been that way for many years. In fact even before they walked up the aisle. Dad tried to talk her out of it but she was determined to go ahead.
Don't get me wrong Peter has always been good to us helped out with cars, boats etc., and to the children.
He can be a bit selfish though and shy away from hard work and responsibility and if he can get someone else to step in and take over he will.
Neill their son is very much the same.
I feel so disloyal to Gill but feel as bad ignoring Peter as he does have some valid points. So try to keep everyone happy.
He has rung the hospital again and they are giving them the run around that someone was meant to be ringing him or Neill.

griff you are right if she doesn't get some help soon she will deteriorate beyond any more help if there is any out there to be had.
She has quite a few close friends one in particular but I do not have contact details for any of them.
To be honest though she would be exactly the same with them as with Peter if they tried to get help.
Such is life, at times.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2017, 11:42 AM
Kazz, i think the platinum might just be something that our group does..not the KC..i don't mind though, she can do most of that anyway Lol
Lynn, so very very hard, that is not good that the hospital aren't getting back to Neill or Peter....i hope Gill realises she needs help and asks for it herself
Got to go to the ENT department tonight, no idea what time i am likely to get home at...just hope when the put the camera up my nose it doesn't start it off bleeding again
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-05-2017, 11:43 AM
Sometimes you just have to accept things for what they are.

At the end of the day she is an adult, she is of sound mind and has to be allowed to make her own decisions regardless of what the rest of us might think or worry for her.
It is frustrating and soul destroying but we have to accept it. Peter is her husband, Neil is her son so they are next of kin first so they have to be the ones to sort it.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-05-2017, 11:44 AM
Ooooh griff good luck for tonight do hope it doesn't start your nose off.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2017, 11:48 AM
Awwwwwwwwww just had a lovely bq of flowers from work.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-05-2017, 11:49 AM
That's lovely Kazz.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-05-2017, 11:49 AM
Good afternoon awl and all.
Hope everyone is well on this not so fine May day. But cool is kewl.

Breakfast (quesadillas) done early and then walks. Just over six miles so far. We step out the front gate and usually take a left. Max gives a backward glance to make sure it's the way we are going but he understands right and left.

Did the meet and greet with a couple of other collies - and their owners.

Went by our local convenience store. Max gets tied to the bicycle rail. I've been told off by a couple of neighbours for doing that.
"Somebody might steal him." is the usual charge.
Possible I suppose. But I have terted the ground. There are lots of kids around here and they all play with him.

I asked one wee girl if she'd like to take Max for a stroll and gave her the lead that my grand daughter uses. They might have got ten yars before Max flopped down and wasn't moving.

I was sorry for the girl because she is particularly fond of Max. They are good friends. But pleased in that he won't easily be twoc'ed.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-05-2017, 12:04 PM
Ooo'er Griff, I very much doubt Zen would do anything like the Platinum, then again you never know do you.Hoping that in trying to solve the mystery of the nose bleeds they don't give you another one.
I was thinking the same about the hospice, just time for her to rest and recuperate and for the family to have the same.I was desperate to get my mum into some respite care, as much for me as her, but she was having none of it either, so I struggled on. I don't think they realise the toll it takes on those around them, because obviously they are in a dark place themselves.
Please God I keep my common sense should this happen to me. I have told my son if dementia strikes me, then put me somewhere and forget about me, he says not, but I don't want to put him through what we went through with my mum, and my brother went through it with his wife's mum AND dad as well as (very occasionally when I forced the issue) our mum.
Back from the bone run, called in to see my friend with liver cancer, she sounds bad on the phone and not acting that well either, she says she's fine though, but I know she's not.
I really think the treatment is worse than the actual disease itself, in her case anyway. I will be happy to let Cariad go on as long as she is fine in herself, there is no outbreak of the tumours, and she is not suffering, then she will go while she still has dignity and is not in despair.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2017, 12:07 PM
Lynn, you are right...Gill has to make her own decisions but it doesn't stop the rest of you worrying about her...hopefully over the next few days she will pick up a bit. Thanks for the good wishes...it's a little uncomfortable when they do it and i worry each time incase my nose starts bleeding...was going to wear my white shirt tonight but have decided that that could be a bad decision Lol...think i may go in my black jeans too!
Awww Max didn't want to leave you behind then Lol.you can get leads now where they lock so nobody can rob your dog
https://www.dfordog.co.uk/petloc-lockable-dog-lead.html
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2017, 12:11 PM
Oh TW, i know what causes the nosebleeds...it's part of my condition, they have to check and see how far it has progressed as my nose can collapse and i will get something called saddle nose deformity...they can rebuild your nose but you have to wait until your body goes into remission and i haven't fully achieved that at any point yet...i would just go out in a ski mask if my nose collapsed Lol
I reckon Zen would ace the platinum!! she is only young isn't she? Kota will be 4 in october and been going to training every other week since she was 16 weeks old, Deags will be 3 in july i think and she has been going training since she was 16 weeks too so Zen is doing terrificly
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >