Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2016, 06:16 AM

Daily Thread, Tuesday, May 10

Good Morning everyone, Glad Mem's old cat is eating so must be feeling a bit better. Lets hope he goes on for a lot longer yet.

Loved the photo's of Dillon with his Dad. He obviously adores him.

Griff hope you get the benefit of the new tablets today for your poor backi. June hope yours isn't too bad after all the work did yesterday.

In for some thunderstorms today and a lot of rain.

Have a good day all stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2016, 07:18 AM
Good morning everyone

Hope you manage to get out with Amber without getting too wet Moyra.

Fingers crossed the little one is recovering well and will see at least this summer. Been there to often.

You must a Lauryn her secret Mandy.

Pleased you were ok at training Griff and hope the back is better today. We used to have a Christmas party with dog games at the ringcraft I went to and one of them was to see who could eat the sausage line the quickest. Well my friends borders and my Affie were very quick and we always ended up in the finals but as Borders have shorter legs they always won

Love the pictures of Dillon especially with him resting his head on Gorden's

Raining hard here so Teazle has taken herself off to bed again having had her breakfast. Fortunately nothing planned today so may spend it catching up on missed programmes from the weekend.

Have a good day and stay safe.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-05-2016, 08:36 AM
We've got light rain here this morning, was beginning when I went out with brekkies, still feels warm though, but not as clammy, rain will freshen everywhere up. Sadly I never bought any grass seed during my expedition to find my painkillers, would have been handy to sprinkle before breakfast
Got the bone run today, they rang yesterday asking if I could come earlier, I don't know, one week its wanting me there later, this week its earlier!!!
Hope your meds are kicking in now Griff, if they are you'll still be sleeping
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2016, 08:47 AM
Morning all
Moyra, how are you feeling now about the biopsy? i hope you aren't too worried and you have a way of getting there and back sorted
Sue, i think Teazle is a very bright dog...rain = bed...i like that plan
TW, i got some grass seed from wilko and it has a bird repellant in it...not put it down yet as i have the dogs running all over the lawn...my plan is to wait until some of the grass grows through and then fill in the bald bits Lol
Well, i am disappointed, the diazepam don't work...at all!! another uncomfortable night was had, apparently they are supposed to work within 30 minutes and in around 2 hours they reach their peak...my brother text me saying ooo bet you are flying high then, i think i am defective, morphine has no effect on me except to make me throw up..no high at all. I have taken the diazepam, codeine, paracetamol, can't do the anti inflammatories because of my tummy...hopefully another couple of days and it will just go away on it's own
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-05-2016, 09:10 AM
Morning everyone so far wet day here it has been raining all night.
Been out for a stroll with Dillon thankfully fine rain so not to wet.

griff hope the back eases soon it would be useful if they could find something to help kill the pain.
Pain about the bone run June.
Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.

Thank you for the lovely comments about Dillon he sure does love Gorden. That is how most of the weekend is spent as soon as Gorden plants his bum on the sofa.
Gorden we got that Constable off a market stall in Yorkshire the name of the village escapes me for now. It was our first venture out for a long weekend after losing our Max and was also our 25th wedding anniversary that was a present to ourselves. We have another Constable too Flatford Mill the lock my dad lived nearby as a boy. We got that for £10 off a boot sale many years ago surprising people do not know the value of a constable.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-05-2016, 09:16 AM
Oh nooo Griff, I thought maybe they were slow acting or something. Back to the drawing board then, or in this case the doctors.Just try and rest as much as you can. The pain drives you nuts doesn't it, can do with anything but back pain and toothache!
Lynn, I love Constable paintings, they are so alive and full of detail.
Weather undecided at present, not raining at the moment, will get in the shower and get off in half an hour or so.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2016, 09:19 AM
I would love it if those paintings were genuine Lynn...that would be awesome, i love watching the antiques roadshow where people pay 50p for something and it turns out to be worth thousands....i will admit however that i do think Jammy so and so's Lol
I am sure the back will get better at some point...last time it was 2 weeks i think, i would like to know what is happening..if i knew that i may be able to stop it...the Dr asked has anything changed and i said no, i am a bit heavier but she said she doubted that had anything to do with it and i told her exactly what had happened...first time it went i was 16 and was lifting a massive range rover wheel (car belonged to tom walkinshaw), second time i was 18 and i coughed and it went and this time about a month ago i stood up and this time i got out of bed...ridiculous
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2016, 09:25 AM
TW, you are right, toothache, earache and back ache are horrific, i won't be off to town today but i will maybe try thursday and i will go to home bargains for you and see if they have the pills in.
I am hoping Conor will call today with kotas biopsy results...i don't want to ring him as i always end up getting him out of consultations Lol
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2016, 09:30 AM
I think it is back to the docs for you Griff. You will be so tired and weak if you carry on as you are.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2016, 10:34 AM
I have an appointment next Tuesday Moyra, not much point in me going back as i don't think there is anything else she can do, she gave me anti inflammatories but i got the runs, i am taking the pain relief and she is waiting to hear from my consultant to see which scan he wants me to to have, it might just be a bone density scan or he might say to do a mri too. I did ask if she thought a chiropracter/osteopath might help..i think she thought i wanted the nhs to foot the bill so she said if she was to refer me on it would be to a physio but by the time the refferal came through my back would be better Lol, mum and dad would pay for the chiropracter i am sure....i have had my tens machine on too, i found some capsican (sp) gel which i might give a try
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >