View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
infamousinuits
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-08-2008, 05:33 PM
aparently my landlord saw my website and said that if we dont remove our petiton ( i was collecting signaturs to hand to the council to help them to understand the situation,i know petitons hardly mean a thing but was worth it) then we have to leave. He said that having the petiton up he will see it that we are starting the trouble. He cant throw us out for that can he. the contract says nothing about that. petition is not even about him. Everyone else including the people i had round today agreed it was good to collect the signatures to point out that were not alone in owning this many dogs and caring for them.
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2008, 05:37 PM
I think maybe you should seek some legal advice, just so you know where you stand and what you can and cant do. This is harrasment surely?
infamousinuits
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-08-2008, 05:46 PM
Originally Posted by Vodka Vixen View Post
I think maybe you should seek some legal advice, just so you know where you stand and what you can and cant do. This is harrasment surely?

definate harrasment. i mean i dont mind taking my petition down. I just thought the names would help for something. he was probsably threatend aswell. He lives next door. literally our houses are joined and untill today he was fine with everything.
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2008, 05:52 PM
Originally Posted by infamousinuits View Post
definate harrasment. i mean i dont mind taking my petition down. I just thought the names would help for something. he was probsably threatend aswell. He lives next door. literally our houses are joined and untill today he was fine with everything.
Maybe he is getting some stick from the "numpties" too, no harm in seeking advice, no-one should have to live like that, you are not hurting anyone, its not right!!!
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2008, 05:56 PM
You have about 17 dogs right? I know people often ask me if three is a handful. They may not be used to someone with such a large pack! .... Your Landlord sounds like he must have been a nice guy to let the lot of you move in in the first place, many wouldn't, he's probably just getting the same pressure as you and doesn't have a friendly forum to vent on... Perhaps if you moved the petition to a more anonymous site? Sometimes it's better to put your head below the parapet and hold out till it blows over. But in the face of this persistent harassment, I think you may find you end up with no choice but trying to find a lawyer...

I'm lucky, my landlord is also my Mum and would dare say a word about my doggies or lifestyle.. Not since I was 13 anyway
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-08-2008, 06:04 PM
I do get stick about my 2 from certain people around here. I have had the police round and the dog warden having been reported twice for having 'dangerous out of control dogs' that 'look like large wolves' the police and dog warden agreed that they are no bigger than the average alsatian. There is always someone out to get you if you have something they haven't got. I am lucky with the majority of people and my neighbours and I make sure I involve them with what I am doing with them like any shows I go to or doing specific training, they all think my backpacking exploits for instance are very entertaining and I have to try and keep things on a light hearted level in order to keep the numpties off my back. There are more people that like me and my dogs than don't, but it is the very tiny percentage that cause the trouble I find. There will be one specific person at the bottom of it all, I know who my gremlin is and who his sidekicks are and I avoid all contact with them, I even cross the road to avoid them and make it very pointed. I would do everything I could to keep the landlord on your side, you need him when all said and done. A lot of this will be jealousy and envy that they haven't got the balls to follow their hearts and have had to settle for a boring ordinary life.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2008, 06:20 PM
I can't understand how any of them got to see/hear about your own website???? It's baffling me???? You wouldn't have told your Landlord that you have a website, surely? Why would you? Then again, you wouldn't have told any of these numpties that you have a website, and considering websites are from peops all over the whole big wide World, then how come ANY of them got hold of yours???

Seek legal advice now, that's my advice, it's all getting out of hand and you're gonna lose your lovely place if you don't! Blooming people, why don't they leave other people alone!!!
infamousinuits
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-08-2008, 07:29 PM
i think they found my website from my business. if you type into google my business name my dog website also apears. which i didnt know about because there is a link on my dog website to my business page but not the other way around! theres no hiding from google.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

08-08-2008, 07:56 PM
Yes, it does sound like your landlord is getting some pressure from these people, it may only be one or two but if they provide employment and have businesses in the area they have some influence.

As Helena says you need your landlord on your side (He seems to have been OK up to now) Get some legal advice, if the solicitor says take the petition down then maybe that would be best. I do think that there are probably just a few individuals who are causing all this problem, they can't really do anything if your landlord is happy with you as tennants.
infamousinuits
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-08-2008, 08:43 PM
well i heard that some people in the area if they think theres problems they just throw money at the problem to get rid of it. There was a large group of people just gatherd on a corner today moaning about someones fencing that theyre building.
Closed Thread
Page 10 of 38 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 > Last »