View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-08-2008, 09:25 PM
we had a prob with 1 of our older neighbours when we came she was as nice as pie then she turned cos of my kids being kids ie drwing in chalk on the road you knoew hopscotch etc never mind an hour later the rain cleared it all away. mwell in the end when she came over and moaned and slagged us off i confused her and instead of arguing i agreed with her. kept on doing it like oh your kids are so noisy i used toi say oh i agree i think kids should be seen and not heard kept on with it and it realy got to her stopped her moaning thou!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2008, 09:32 PM
Here's a little pick you up......

My son lives in Amblecote Stourbridge, bought his house 6 years ago with his partner. (he's 31)

My son is gay.

Suddenly (it must of been obvious to the neighbours) they started getting things left on the doorstep, rubbish, piles of dog poo, etc.,
Then other things happened, like the neighbour cut all his ivy down off the wall along the back garden....strange how it was the day after gary had just done all of his garden....and by some magic, the ivy ended up thrown over into my son's garden.
Then annonymous notes got pushed through the door, things like 'you shirt lifters' and 'puffs go home', 'gays not welcome'
My son never told me a thing until one day when I was there the RSPCA turned up, someone had rang them annonymously and reported that my son had practically kicked his dog to death...........that would be the one lying on my lap at the time snoring her head off RSPCA satisfied away they went.
Then the whole story came out.....................was I mad So I put up a big huge poster in the front window....It read

I WISH TO THANK THOSE OF YOU THAT HAVE REPORTED ME TO THE RSPCA...................THEY HAVE SAID THAT THEY HAVE NEVER MET SUCH A LOVELY LITTLE DOG AND HOW WELL CARED FOR SHE IS.

Two days later (and I was there) we caught his neighbour trying to sneak up the back to open the back gate to let the dog out we called the police who had a few stern words............OK the situation isn't perfect now, but we stare him out everytime we see him..............Cowardly little sh**

What I am trying to say is stick up for yourselves and don't let them win
deez
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-08-2008, 09:34 PM
oh my god your from the south!!!!!!
well that explains everything
( lol oohh look i found the smilies!) ROFL
infamousinuits
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-08-2008, 09:49 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Here's a little pick you up......

My son lives in Amblecote Stourbridge, bought his house 6 years ago with his partner. (he's 31)

My son is gay.

Suddenly (it must of been obvious to the neighbours) they started getting things left on the doorstep, rubbish, piles of dog poo, etc.,
Then other things happened, like the neighbour cut all his ivy down off the wall along the back garden....strange how it was the day after gary had just done all of his garden....and by some magic, the ivy ended up thrown over into my son's garden.
Then annonymous notes got pushed through the door, things like 'you shirt lifters' and 'puffs go home', 'gays not welcome'
My son never told me a thing until one day when I was there the RSPCA turned up, someone had rang them annonymously and reported that my son had practically kicked his dog to death...........that would be the one lying on my lap at the time snoring her head off RSPCA satisfied away they went.
Then the whole story came out.....................was I mad So I put up a big huge poster in the front window....It read

I WISH TO THANK THOSE OF YOU THAT HAVE REPORTED ME TO THE RSPCA...................THEY HAVE SAID THAT THEY HAVE NEVER MET SUCH A LOVELY LITTLE DOG AND HOW WELL CARED FOR SHE IS.

Two days later (and I was there) we caught his neighbour trying to sneak up the back to open the back gate to let the dog out we called the police who had a few stern words............OK the situation isn't perfect now, but we stare him out everytime we see him..............Cowardly little sh**

What I am trying to say is stick up for yourselves and don't let them win
That us evil. this famer guy actually said to us that because we have tattoos we are like the gay people who lived there before us, that we are different and not normal! its sick that he can say that about gay people. I cant vbeleive eveyone has trouble with neighbours like this. dont people have anything better to do?
infamousinuits
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-08-2008, 09:50 PM
Originally Posted by deez View Post
oh my god your from the south!!!!!!
well that explains everything
( lol oohh look i found the smilies!) ROFL
lol i see your from wales. we lived there for a year it was fantastic,we never had rouble there. just couldnt find any work cos we couldnt speak welsh.
deez
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-08-2008, 10:02 PM
hey NORTH wales rofl!! i dont speak welsh either- was born in colchester, but welsh mam and lived here since baby, not too welsh on the coast until you hit bangor!

to be serious for a minute though- the landlord (although a biggot) is ok ish. try to find out off him who the top bullies are, and kill them with kindness- keep your enemies closer as they say. and you go out of your way to be sickly nice, like saying 'if theres anything we can do for you, just ask, we'd like to become active members of the community'
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2008, 10:55 PM
Originally Posted by infamousinuits View Post
That us evil. this famer guy actually said to us that because we have tattoos we are like the gay people who lived there before us, that we are different and not normal! its sick that he can say that about gay people. I cant vbeleive eveyone has trouble with neighbours like this. dont people have anything better to do?
Yes but this farmer's wife is also his sister
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2008, 11:32 PM
I also have evil neighbours.... They tried everything to get me out, they didn't think that a young woman on her own with three dogs was the sort of person they wanted in their neighbourhood...

On one day I had the environmental health noise pollution agent, the RSPCA, the dog warden and the police at my door, all at the same time. I had them on the sofa, the chair, and had to bring in chairs from the garden to accommodate them... It was a farce!

My dogs were not noisy, they were not smelly (one of my neighbours was trying to blame the muck spread on the field opposite on my garden)! They are very well cared for and well behaved. Oh and Selkie is a Samoyed with pedegree papers to prove it and not an 'arctic wolfdog hybrid' as was claimed.

One of the complaints my neighbours had made was that I lock them in a hot conservatory with no water in the summer??? I was mortified. The RSPCA and Dog warden went into the conservatory and took some temperatures, while the Policemen and Environmental health agent went into the garden.. After about 10 mins they all came back in and said... right.. The temperature in the conservatory is well within acceptable limits and there is clearly water in there (I don't lock my dogs in there ever as I'm sure you can understand, but they had to check) .. The other two said there is no overlooking windows from adjoining buildings to the conservatory. The only way any neighbour could see into the conservatory to observe this alleged cruelty would be to climb the fence and look in... which is against the law as trespass. They helped me draw up a number of official letters for the neighbours explaining the legal definitions of harassment and sent wasting police/official time letters as well and more or less that has been the end of that....

They all still take the opportunity to have a pop if they catch me out and I in turn quietly wind them up by not mowing my front lawn very often and planting garish flowers in every patch of free dirt I have. I also planted... topiary! They hate the topiary!

On my bad, more depressed or paranoid days I have still been known to be unable to leave my house because they are out washing their cars and doing their gardens and I can't be bothered with the hassle, but most of the time I can raise my head high, put on my bright purple coat, (or wear my strapped top showing my Tattoos) and stride down the road with my three lovely big doggies.

Long post I know.. but I guess what I wanted to say, was there is light at the end of the tunnel, they do more or less give up.

Get some legal advice. Call the police yourself and discuss harassment ... Or just wait for it to blow over... They only have so much attention span and sooner or later they will find someone else to disapprove of...
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2008, 05:17 AM
Originally Posted by infamousinuits View Post
someone offerd us a house in canda this week with 100 acres. but would never get the mortgage or have the money to afford it. though its cheap. I really love it here apart from the neighbours though
I know. It's a lovely place Canada. Hope things settle for you where you are.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2008, 07:34 AM
Nothing to add really - except I hope you can hold out till things change. And best wishes to you. Back when I was a Hippy (and yes you did get notices outside pubs saying no dogs, no gypsies, no hippies) we got the same reactions. Things do change. I find a personal approach dispels prejudice best. Good luck with it.
Closed Thread
Page 6 of 38 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 > Last »