Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2009, 02:02 PM

Cash for Gold?

Has anyone 'cashed' in any gold jewellery etc through one of the internet sites?

I've seen a few adverts etc around and wondered what they were actually like, and whether it was worth it.

We're trying to make (and save) as much money as possible and have sold loads of stuff on eBay, done a car boot (with another one to follow) and I wondered about cashing in on the older jewellery that I have. Nothing antique or sentimental etc, just older stuff that I don't wear anymore.

Any recommendations?
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2009, 02:11 PM
Yea dont use the internet, at the moment the best deal is cash converters, they are buying gold for £6 a gram

xxx
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2009, 06:30 PM
Nope but i can't stand that guy on the one advert with the huge eyes!! He gives me the creeps!!
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2009, 06:53 PM
Speak to Mum Iso, i'm sure she knows a jewellers that are giving a good rate!
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2009, 08:11 AM
I'd be very careful about these. I'm dubious when I see ads like these, I bet they offer very little for your gold and would be very surprised if they give anything near the real market value.

There was someone doing this recently in Carlisle and we overheard him offering this old lady less than a fiver for a diamond ring!!!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

07-10-2009, 10:22 AM
Originally Posted by elaineb View Post
Yea dont use the internet, at the moment the best deal is cash converters, they are buying gold for £6 a gram

xxx
That's still a rip off rate Elaine, yesterday the spot price for Gold was trading at $1004 per ounce.

So I make that about £22.31 per gram.

But right now Gold is on a high, ten yeras ago it was about half the current value so if you can find an honest jeweler now would be a good time to sell. Personallly I wouldn't sell my wifes jewelry for any amount She might have other ideas 'tho (Especially after I've done something wrong )
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2009, 12:06 PM
i went to a jewlers the other month and they offered me £20 for a £250 valued piece

needless to say i still have them

wanting rid though as i have 0 money, no student loan and would be living off beans on toast if i wernt living at home