View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-02-2016, 11:24 AM
Thank you brenda did look into yumove would work out very expensive and our vet and the orthopedic vet recommended the cortaflex and did tell us he will at times need the help from anti inflammatories. It has been very wet and cold so that most likely hasn't helped. Apart from the odd bit of stiffness he is his normal happy bouncy self.
Hope all goes well with the demolition Sue. Better not get your windows dirty.
Good to see you LG and to hear you are slowly feeling better and that you are doing as you are told and taking the concoctions.
I am sure the pills will help Dillon and give some respite but I think it's how things are going to be on and off for him now.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2016, 12:46 PM
I tried to take the mobility scooter out to day, but although the battery said fully charged yesterday there was nothing in it when I tried to set off with it. Steve says it was because the lead was not properly connected. I am not sure think it more likely because I have not used the damn thing. Anyway on charge now and if it is okay tomorrow will start to give it a run. Otherwise I shall sell the darn thing for a penance of what I paid for it.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-02-2016, 12:50 PM
Oh what a nuisance Moyra. Probably needs a good charge and like you say a good run. Hope it works for you tomorrow.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2016, 04:37 PM
Well it is on charge again and we shall see. If not it will on E bay before you know it! I am so tired and just want to go to bed, I know it is ridiculously early but that is how I feel. God bless all, night night.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-02-2016, 04:52 PM
Night Moyra hope you feel better soon.

Back from the vet. Katherine manipulated his right elbow and could tell he was resisting and it is clicking, thing is I have heard it click over the last day or two too.
So we have him on a 3 day course to begin with on the previcox and we are hoping if the weather dries and warms up soon his elbow will ease. Katherine said the clicking is the onset of arthritis. Our other option is if it doesn't ease when the drier warmer weather gets here to have a cartrophen injection. £135 for the year. One dose. I would imagine that is also easier on his stomach and vital organs too. That's how I understood it as its more to do with putting fluid into the joint rather than easing the inflammation.
So we will see how he goes.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-02-2016, 05:07 PM
Poor Dillon, that once a year thing sounds better actually Lynn, you could pay more than that in vets bills over the year.
Been in Home Bargains and they have massive jars of Virgin Coconut Oil for £3.99 so have brought one home with me, don't need it at the moment as I've got one on the go already that was £5.99 from Asda and less than half the size.
Rain held off during walks, was due at 12 noon, didn't start till I was on my way out shopping at 2.30. I'm fully stocked for all eventualities, done an Iceland as well, so with the girls food delivery yesterday, bone run on Tuesday, all their freezers are full and they are (again) encroaching on my personal freezer space.
I've not seen one person out with their dogs, except pavement walking, all week. Weather been dry and cold and just right for a decent walk. Have kept Kesh on a lunge line all week as her idea of play is pretty terrifying, and Zen is learning fast from her, and really I didn't need to because didn't come across anybody. Zen is 9 months old next week and we will start going on the Country Park now as she can do the extra distance with no problem.
Moyra, don't do anything with the scooter without making sure its not solveable, if its not charging, get it looked at. You really do need to use that scooter more it will change your life and I doubt you'll feel as tired once you stop struggling without it.
LG, good to see you're up and about again, shame the weather is no help to you this afternoon, and the weekend sounds bad as well, dry and cold back next week they say.
Nippy, 25 years I've never managed more than 4 years, in fact both marriages together came to just under 8 years. Waiting for a piccie of The Cake, bet it is gorgeous
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2016, 05:44 PM
Hope the mobility scooter works for you tomorrow Moyra it will give you so much more freedom. Our neighbour has just hired one for three months as he has had major op on his foot and will be unable to walk without crutches or drive for that time. He used it today for the first time and said how good it was to get out as he was going stir crazy after 5 weeks being confined virtually indoors all the time.

Fingers cross it works for Dillon and does indeed ease when the warmer weather is here.

Pleased to hear you are doing a little better Gordon and obeying instructions and taking your concoctions

Swept up behind Barry just before it rained again. Had another walk and watched the rain clouds gathering, It was quite cold out still.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-02-2016, 05:55 PM
Abortion Sue mentioned was like this

I have now got as far as this in removing it. A bit a day and it will soon all be down

At least one can get to the end window to the conservatory
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2016, 05:56 PM
Hello all,
Congratulations to your son & daughter in law
Lynn I hope Dillon's leg eases up soon, fingers crossed for warmer weather soon
LG hope you feeling better soon too. Glad you doing as you are told.
Griff like you I need to get to the hair dressers for a cut & colour.

Felt really headachy yesterday, slept a lot in the afternoon. Made Tony and Lauryn some homemade fish cakes and they both said they enjoyed them.
Rosie has finally done with being in season so I kept her in today as a precaution, but fingers crossed for dry weather tomorrow and I will get her out for a run
We were going to see Liam this weekend but had to cancel, as there was something kicking off at Tony's work, hopefully it's been sorted, will find out Monday,
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2016, 05:58 PM
Good work Tweed
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >