View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-10-2014, 03:59 PM
Afternoon everyone sorry lost the plot. Well the window is in but there still needs some more doing to it. The guys who came this morning are the after care service team and because the fitter went sick got the job of coming to fit our window. They have been fitters in their time. Of course they do not have a the fitting van which would carry the window so that had to be delivered separately and of course their van does not carry all that's needed to fit a window. Luckily the older guy had for some reason put his heavy duty drill on the van last night in case he needed it for the job he is doing this afternoon.
So they run out of of cement to finish off outside and make good the inside of the window ledge. So they are back tomorrow and I have a hair appointment at 11.30. They will get on with the outside stuff till I return.
So I have had a quick tidy cannot put my cafe net up and have got the heavy curtains back on the rail so I can pull them when its dark but other than that I'm in a muddle still.
The older guy has told the office he is not happy and it does not make them look professional. I am thinking they could of cancelled today and I might of had to wait another few weeks. Not ideal today's problem but it will all be over by this time tomorrow hopefully.

Hope everyone's ok.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2014, 04:06 PM
Oh Lynn, that is a shame but I suppose it could not be helped but you would have thought they would check just exactly what they would need to do the job.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-10-2014, 04:09 PM
Poor Amber, Moyra. Have you got any slippery elm you can give her, sprinkled on her food, or bio yogurt. Poor girl, hope she is OK soon and its just a 24 hour thing. Like Lynn, my laptop has lost the plot and the Enter and Backspace keys aren't working, plus a couple of others Also the tablet isn't charging, I've googled it, used the reset button with a safety pin, several time, still not charging either, not told son yet, but will have to as he will (hopefully) have the receipt for it, or may even know what to do now. Lynn, sorry to hear about your window, they are obviously very genuine people to take your job to heart and try and get it right for you and even make a complaint on your behalf. This time next week all will be fine I'm sure. Got the 2nd bale of shavings in the loft and stuffed baby toys behind both bales with the quarter full bag at the front of the bales, and I could deffo get a full bale in that space, so 3 bales will fit. Also found a padbolt at the back with the toys! I've now shut and bolted one of the doors into the sleeping compartment at the back, so they can get in via the hidey hole in the kennel, but there are no longer 2 doors, it keeps it nice and warm in winter and in summer or warmer weather I open the other one to keep it cool in there. Its double insulated in there as well, so nice and cosy.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2014, 04:18 PM
June, the girls sound as though they are all tucked up nice and warm, snug as a bug in their lovely warm kennels. I haven't got any slippery elm or bio yoghurt. Where can you buy slippery elm from, would Pets @ Home stock it?
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-10-2014, 04:36 PM
Holland and Barrett or a health food shop will have it,
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2014, 04:48 PM
I have to go into Basildon Thursday for my DVLA visual fields eye test so I can go into Holland and Barrett then but hopefully her tummy will be settled by then anyway but it will be worth keeping some by. I have a Tesco order coming tomorrow so I can put bio yoghurt on that and she can have some of that tomorrow.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-10-2014, 04:53 PM
Moyra Dillon had an upset tummy yesterday it was fine today.
I hope Ambers is better by tomorrow.
June I am thinking by this time tomorrow I will hopefully be back to normal. Whatever that is.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2014, 05:07 PM
Hope Amber is ok,poor girl
Had a little visit from mum,was lovely Need to get the dinner on,oldest will be home shortly,just going with pasta I think no scouts for youngest tonight,she has a ton of homework.Was going to pop down to Asda but I'll leave it till tomorrow night,too tired
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2014, 05:10 PM
Fingers crossed then that Amber will be ok in the morning. Glad Dillon is better and hope you get your window finished properly tomorrow Lynn.
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2014, 05:14 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Moyra Dillon had an upset tummy yesterday it was fine today.
I hope Ambers is better by tomorrow.
June I am thinking by this time tomorrow I will hopefully be back to normal. Whatever that is.
NORMAL......NORMAL..... Whatever is that then Lynn

Sorry the windows are being a pain, but at least they acknowledge that and have apologised, which is a good thing. Shows what a decent company they are, I hope.....

Been to get the tripe and bones and have had to turn the dogs fridge right up so it keeps the carcases frozen, cos am fast running out of room. Pity you are not closer TW, really going to have to meet up soon Lynn, so delectable Dillon can have some.

Have had LC in most of the day. She got very cold and was just standing and shivering, so out come the pen and heat lamp, got her in with a mate, she's all warm and is now back out. I am saying "she" but I have a strong suspicion she is a he

Just had a cuppa with a sausage roll and a bit of flapjack, home made at the butcher. Rang about Brodie, he hasn't had anymore fits, but still isn't quite right. Really hope he is going to be OK.

Dropped my other laptop in and hopefully will be on that very soon, then this one might leave by the front door

Will try to nip in later, have a good night all xx
Page 6 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 >