View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2014, 10:10 AM
Have no other outside gate,so once he's on the drive he can take off whenever he likes.Been almost at this point before without the trailer but will remove it today,can see your point Ticking time bomb,where the road is concerned,been so lucky up till now.Main reason why I'd like to speed this up,his luck will run out sooner or later.Especially when it starts to get frosty and peeps are sliding a bit Totally get that I need to take it slowly though,not taking a chance on setting him back since he's come so far So chuffed at how he is at the mo.Never makes a sound bless him,haven't heard him bark even.
Right so,onwards and upwards.Will drive the trailer over to the yard...thanks TW No puppies yet?
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-10-2014, 10:16 AM
Oh b....r about the outside gate, was sure you'd have one..thats the key really to get him contained where he feels comfortable and then take it from there. No puppies yet, my friend's sleeping on the couch from last night, everythings ready, except Shota who is showing no signs yet, apart from running milk and the hair on her tummy coming away. Keep forgetting to tell you this, when I was clearing out my loft area for shavings, I found a 'Caution Dogs running free' sign, and I put it on my front gate, anyone can see straight away there are NO dogs running free of course, but I had a bit of a brainwave, and I'm right, since I put that sign up on the front gate, the only people to post things in my postbox are the postmen NO takeaway menus...nuffink
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2014, 10:22 AM
good thinking TW
We aren't allowed front walls or gates around our houses Not sure how I would go about putting one up even if we were odd shape we have Besides wouldn't be tall enough for this guy anyway,have seen him run,pretty sure he could scale a driveway gate easily Will just keep doing what I'm doing and fingers crossed eventually it'll work
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-10-2014, 10:24 AM
Afternoon all

Having done my usual of reading through and promptly forgetting most of it, the only things that have stuck are Lynn having a new window fitted - Flz being poorly [I wish you better] - people having lost of rain [lucky people, I will be so glad when summer finishes] - Brenda having new carpet - Sue getting ready to go on holiday - and Eileen doing jumpy jumpies because Duncan is beginning to trust her!

I am kernacked from a busy morning - had 2kg of turkey livers to snip in half and then pack individually, but they are now in ThreeBees being frozen - no idea where they will go once done as one of the fast freeze compartments is already full of fish heads and I must keep this one clear for anything else that needs to be frozen.

Then stripped the bed but am waiting for my neighbour to come in to help with the fitted sheet as I cannot get round the other side of the bed easily. I will shove everything in the washing machine later but will not switch it on until the morning, then it can go straight in the dryer, as my get-up-and-go got-up-and-went!

Have a good Tuesday everyone, whatever you have planned!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-10-2014, 10:26 AM
Yeah just make sure he has got an uninterrupted view of what is beyond the little gate then, and keep moving his dish nearer to it, always keeping it open. Thank goodness you and your neighbours are looking out for him, because he would not even have what little he's got now, poor boy
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2014, 10:33 AM
People have been very kind to him,not sure how many there are feeding him,but he does look brill Notice people on the road too are taking extra care,the one's that live there at least.Probably see him more than me and know he's a darter!Think DW has given up altogether.No dog belongs in the pound but in Duncan's case I think it would be especially damaging to him Not gonna let that happen,determined wee being
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2014, 11:19 AM
Good afternoon all...

So sorry to see FLz is feeling poorlie, hugs to you, a new carpet, I just love the new carpet smell, windows going in, quickly, I hope for Lynn, Dave is going to be able to hear Helena....is that a good thing no babies for TW's friend and Duncan is getting braver....and Brenda thinks she has to take a initiation test to come on here, bless her. Have fun with the freezing Malka. Hi to anyone I missed xx

Didn't get on yesterday, got lost comimg back from NippyJens sunday lunch

Not raining here just now, the sun is trying to break through, so will hang my washing out in a min. Def feels like autumn is on it's way, even lit the fire over the weekend Might even have to put my winter quilt on this week some time

Was on the phone quite a lot yesterday to my friend, I dont have many as you know She is involved with a GSD rescue. She took one on a couple years ago and he had a massive fit yesterday, lasted about ten minuets, never had one before. She did say he hadn't been quite "right" for a few days, so really hoping it's not going to turn out to be serious. He still isn't back to normal today. The vet said to keep an eye on him and take him in if he has any more, bless him. She had a row with her insurance company last week and flippin cancelled the dogs insurance She says she will do whatever it takes to get him sorted.

Had a nice weekend, said Hi to a wet Billericay for you Lynn,
Eversuffering husbands nan looks really good for being ninety one and still wears little kitten heels

Am off to fetch tripe and bones later, and drop my other laptop in to be fixed. It needs a power point in, think Shayda had something to do with it late last year, but I am getting so fed up with this one, I decided to use my vista toshiba.

Have a good day and will try to nip in later xx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2014, 11:32 AM
Hi again all,

LOL Elaine, yes, he might well regret getting this hearing aid

Lynn, glad they've sorted the window to fit the 'ole there for ya.

Well, I decided to paint the kitchen ceiling, but I had to leave a little corner of it above the big American style fridge/freezer, cos I just couldn't reach, and luckily, Dave's just arrived home, so I handed him the paintbrush and it's now all done!

I did walk in the woods, cos I thought that really heavy rain would have all rolled off the land down into the stream and the stream was really gushing with water, haven't seen it like that since last winter, so if I do my walk the other way around, Zena can have a good old wash in there before we head up the steep bit to home - sorted!

Having chicken thighs with salad and new potatoes for lunch today, and then I'll have the norty bit afterwards, i.e. my cornetto!

Good luck with that little Duncan Eileen, I hope you manage to coax him into yours, he'll never look back will he, but then of course, I know you probably can't keep him.

Elaine, well done to your friend, I love hearing about all the good work people do for our beloved rescues along with Gordon's bit, you are all stars.

Off to tidy up now before lunch.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2014, 12:00 PM
The carpet is called light green but it isn't that light. Just hope Tyto doesn't think it is grass. Only just thought of that. gaspodes curtains have just arrived. She had them delivered here because she is at work. Just hope she doesn't want me to help hang them. Hate hanging curtains but I prefer them to blinds. Sun still out here a little chilly but nothing an extra layer? I bought draft excluders the ones that go under the door. Who ever made them must have thought they were for garage doors they are soooo long. Mind you the bits I have cut off make great retrieve toys. ttfn.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2014, 12:14 PM
No HELENA,realistically and with all the good intentions in the world,I don't think I could keep Duncan He needs space that boy and not somewhere he'll have to be put in kennels anytime the owner heads off somewhere.3 times a year at least for Lace,2 weekends and a week at the least,but she is used to it and manages the best,not sure he would.Besides he has potential to be so much more than a couch potato and with the right owner,he'll blossom,I have no doubt Already one taker at the mo who is more than suitable if we can just fence him in...will get there I reckon...at some point
Just made a coffee and a pasta mug shot,thought neither looked right while I was stirring the pasta..forgot to boil the kennel Its official,I'm losing the plot!!
Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »