View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2014, 09:27 AM
Would be great and its do able Definately, except for the road issue.He really is stone deaf LYNN,doesn't even turn if you whistle or talk to him
I think he missed us,since we hadn't seen each other due to the weather.Did look excited when he spotted us With this new found confidence,he really is a beautiful looking dog Will try and get pics next time and let you see the difference...amazing!
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2014, 09:29 AM
Oh Eileen, that sounds so hopeful!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-10-2014, 09:31 AM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Morning peeps sorry to hear you are feeling poorly fourlegz. Hope you feel better very very soon. Hope the windows don't cause any problems Lynn. I must apologise because you all seem so friendly and know each other so well and just wondering if I really should be on here as a newbie? Should I have been invited? Anyway off out now to walk in the sun with Tyto. bfn.
Brenda you are very welcome posting here, 'The more the merrier' I say .

The reason people 'know each other so well' is they have been posting for a long time and have built up a rapport. That should not put anyone who is newer to the site off posting here though.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2014, 09:35 AM
Thanks everyone for letting me stay. I don't like to be pushy. Anyway hope the window's can be straightened up and not leave drafty gaps. Pleased to hear Duncan is back. Fingers crossed that he stays around and learns to trust you more than ever. The sun is shining really well here and they have just come up the road to cut the grass. I just hope it stays sunny and not rain which means the grass comes indoors. Been down to the village to check that when they come to lay the carpet they will lay it on the floor in the cupboards under the stairs. The carpet man said yes but would I clear out the cupboards for them. Hm their window ad says they will clear things like furniture etc. Never mind I suppose I can always get the hubby to do it. It will give him something to do. I am going out to daughters because of the noise. Oh I think I said that in another posting. Brain cells. Anyway thanks all. Have a good day and don't do anything silly if the sun is shining. It makes us get out and do. Sometimes not a good thing. Any sign of those babies yet.?
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-10-2014, 09:38 AM
Glad you feel more comfortable brenda. What colour carpet are you having laid ? I think its always best if you can go out when work is being done.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2014, 09:41 AM
I think this issue with the back gate is going be a continuing problem.Duncan is smart Will take a pic and show you what he has an issue with,the way the back gate is set back a bit.Leaving a trail of food at this point is having no effect,he doesn't like that area
Any ideas on how to deal with it would be greatly appreciated.can't think No chance of him coming through the front door,just know he wouldn't

Excuse the trailer,having a clearout He came right up as far as there but just not through the gate.Did think about removing it but then I'd have no way of keeping him in.Think its more the wall he dislikes more than the gate...any thoughts?
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-10-2014, 09:48 AM
Not really you can't go re-organising your gate. Just keep doing what you are doing. Maybe he has been locked in somewhere before so he just need time to realise that isn't happening again.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2014, 09:49 AM
New carpet BRENDA..lovely Good idea to get the cupboards done as well.I have no carpet,oldest is Asthmatic,so just wooden floors and tiles.She hasn't had an attack in a long time,thank goodness
Oh,posted last night that I had a frog in my hall tiny little thing but I didn't touch it neighbour had the joy of that Keep checking now to see if there's any more
Right,time to get the Hoover out.Am off out tomorrow with friends( girlie day) so I want to get all done
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2014, 09:51 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Not really you can't go re-organising your gate. Just keep doing what you are doing. Maybe he has been locked in somewhere before so he just need time to realise that isn't happening again.
I'd take the whole wall down LYNN but I get what you're saying,just keep at it,be patient and hopefully he'll take a leap of faith
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-10-2014, 09:59 AM
I think he may feel there is no exit for him. The trailer blocks him into a passage through a gate where there is no escape for him. I'd get rid of the trailer before you try any other methods. Can you get him in the front first of all, once the trailers gone, leave the gate open but don't make any big deal about it, or try getting him to go through it, he'll have to be feeling extremely relaxed about it before he'll go through, and that will be in his time, not yours. Is there a gate on the front, so maybe you can start feeding him in the front, with that gate closed, but the little gate always open, then open the gates to the outside so he has a choice then. I would also get him some shelter with a water bowl and food there for him, so gradually he starts thinking of it as his base, all this is a very long drawn out process and I'm talking months here. If he is deaf than that is the reason he is in the situation he's in, he'll have been dumped because he's of no further use to whoever had him, people are so sickening. Leave the outside gates closed for longer and longer when you have got him in there and feeding, always leave the little gate open for him and go about your business, and one day he will approach the gate and hovver, don't look, don't make eye contact, carry on with what you're doing and talk to him, he'll come through that gate eventually, patience is a virtue and virtue has its own reward as they say!
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »