Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-10-2014, 04:12 PM

The International Space Station

I have just watched ISS [ZARYA] go over - and no matter how many times I have seen it I just look and think "hey - there are people up there" - and I am always amazed at what has been achieved in my lifetime.

Does anyone else feel the same when they see it?
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-10-2014, 10:26 PM
Confession of ignorance - I had no idea what you were talking about. Even less that such things of great mystery and complexity could be seen from Earth. Don't even know where to look for such a thing or even what I should be looking for! Do agree with you though about the huge steps that have been taken in our lifetimes! Matters of a more down to earth type usually fill my tired old cranium. Don't want to go overtaxing the old grey matter wondering about things that have nowt to do with me!
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-10-2014, 04:15 PM
A while back I was given a link to plonk in 'my' part of the sky and it identified things you can see with the naked eye so I'm sure I've seen it as well. I find anything like that fascinating.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-10-2014, 05:12 PM
This link gives real time satellite tracking and predictions. It might show my location on the right as it picks up my IP, although I am actually about 45km south of where it thinks I am, but it might pick up everyone's, and you can change the location. You can also get a five-day prediction as to times the ISS will be passing over your area, and whether it will be visible or not.

http://www.n2yo.com/?s=25544

This link tells you about notifications.

http://www.n2yo.com/about/iss-notification-tool.php

This link tells you how to register [it is free!]

http://www.n2yo.com/passes/alerts.php

I get an email sent to me 30 minutes before the Space Station passes over this area, and of course, if it passes over here during the night I do not see the email until hours later, by which time the ISS is long gone!