Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2014, 08:34 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
I think it was the black pickup truck Eileen, he'll be associating it with whatever happened to him, his demeanour changing like that in such a swift and dramatic fashion is indicative of how fearful he is of whats originally happened.I so wish lived in even the same country to you and could do something to help with him.
I wish you did too.So wish also they could erase the bad stuff from a dog's brain and he wouldn't have to be in fear for another second.
My bet would be on the pick up truck too.In all the time he's been about,I haven't heard of one instance with him having a problem with another dog,only that he loves their company,especially the girl hound Men,absolutely,but he has come round so much.Even the owner of the field pulled up next to the gate while we were exiting.Stopped and had a chat and petted him.Normally he would have legged it,van like that means DW Peed on the guys wheel for the longest time but wasn't in the least fearful
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-10-2014, 08:52 PM
You can bring them round Eileen, it is amazing how forgiving they are and how they can get over stuff. I've done it myself with a girl I took back aged 17 months, in a right old state, totally and utterly my fault, I took what I was told at face value and didn't question, she came home to me so fearful of absolutely everything and everyone it would break your heart. I had her with me for a year and she has a wonderful home now, and is a dog with a job, she 'works' for an Environmental Consultant who surveys land to see if there are animals living there, like otters, badgers etc who would be disturbed by any building works. He has taught her to find them for him, she meets all sorts of people from the Council onwards and everyone loves her and she is famous in her own world, what a transformation from such a scared little girl to this busy girl. Taught me a lesson, I'm like the Spanish Inquisition these days with new owners!!!! So......he WILL come good, look at the progress already, but there is stuff going to happen that will send him spinning backwards, each setback though will not be quite so severe and gradually he will put it behind him, I promise he will.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2014, 09:11 PM
Thankyou so much TW,just what I needed to hear.I know you're right Great to hear your girl is doing well,they are amazing aren't they?Was a setback and in the grand scheme of things it was ok,he got through it I wonder how the heart's of dogs like him don't burst sometimes Onwards and upwards,what's best for him is what I have to focus on.
Had to laugh.He has a quilt,with a blanket covering it and then a spare blanket on top.I put the outside light on to give him his supper,opened the back door and could see him lying in the shed with the top blanket mostly wrapped round himself Held up the food bowl to show him as I leave his food at the back door and he looked over,went to get up,then didn't.Popped his head down on the blanket again.Wasn't to long coming to the back door when I took his food and went back in,bless him he eat every bit
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-10-2014, 09:17 PM
He's made giant strides with you Eileen, I am amazed how quickly he's come round, which again proves he has known a home and also had a nice life. He's fallen back into it very quickly for a dog that had no knowledge of such things, I really think he's been stolen or passed onto people who maybe posed as decent animal lovers, and were the opposite. You'll be a bit more prepared for a strong reaction in future, you're learning too remember
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2014, 09:42 PM
Will not be deterred,out in the morning at 7.30am for the first of his 3 walks
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2014, 09:43 PM
Where are my manners!! Any news of Mabs TW?
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-10-2014, 09:48 PM
Wasn't going to say because don't want to jinx it, vets tomorrow at 10.30am for scan. I've not said a word to anyone, but the world and his wife has either text or rung me in the last 2 days, like they can scent it! So everyone now knows about tomorrow, and i am not sure how far on she is, if she is, if she is less than 5 weeks they won't show so that means another week of sitting on the edge. Jill, who breeds Danes, said to me today that hers show at 21 days, why do I have dogs that don't do what other dogs do
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2014, 10:00 PM
Because they are one in a million like their owner Keeping everything crossed for great news xx
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-10-2014, 10:05 PM
I'm a nervous wreck, Samson's mummy keeps texting me, the daddy of the possible puppies keeps ringing me, my friends are emailing, got loads of people wanting to know either way tomorrow, no idea what i'll do if my instincts are right and there are none
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2014, 10:12 PM
Can imagine.your head must be spinning
I remember when I was pregnant with Sarah( first one).I knew for sure i was,but the night before my first scan,I didn't sleep a wink Kept thinking they are going to say,What are you on about? There's nothing there Got myself all wound up,made OH waken up and talk to me.If he'd any sense he should have packed his bags right then and left,married to a lunatic
Page 6 of 9 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >