View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gellygoo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2014, 01:18 PM
Afternoon all, hope you are all doing nicely.

Strange weather we're having here, it's spitting, then it's sunny, then back to spitting again. Glorious looking when it's sunny though. Mind you it's really windy too.......and that's when it's spitting and also when it's sunny !!

I've been a bit out of sorts this week, but that's because yesterday was 2 years since our lovely Gelly was pts. She's been in my head more than usual, so I've been a bit sad. I'm hoping that I will one day feel able to have another dog as I do miss having one around but i still am not ready to put one in her place if you know what I mean. I know that another dog is not there to replace her, but I can't give her place away yet.....what am I like??

Well, I'm off for a walk down the village for a paper and then to visit my friend and show her the wedding album.

Have a good day everyone.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2014, 01:28 PM
Well the meeting is over. Poor Davie was shaking like a leaf, I think he thought he was going to get a right old bollocking. The deputy just said we won't be doing that again will we? Davie said no. That was pretty much it, I thought there would be more to it but no.

They have said that the boy concerned is met by a teacher off the bus, then has to sit with the deputy rector at break and lunchtime so he is a troublemaker and known for it. But there are times they can't have eyes everywhere.

Hopefully Davie has a better afternoon.

I've done nothing so far apart from dishes and put a couple of loads of washing on.

Weather here is horrendous, it's sleet, snow, hail, rain, sun, wind...the lot! I'm glad I'm inside, I do have to go out later but for the most part I am not moving!
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

07-03-2014, 01:35 PM
Lore
Yes same here weather wise ,,was going to clean out the mobile dust bin (car) knowing my luck I'd probably electrocute my self
Glad Davie got on ok ,other lad must be a right wee horror
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2014, 01:37 PM
GILLIAN,huge (( hugs)) sorry you're feeling sad,hope your walk and visit to your friend lifts your mood xx
Thankyou ladies for all your words of wisdom,in my next life I think I'll come back as a man Mum's do all the worrying,don't they?
Anyhow,bit of good news,apparently we paid to much for Mabs Didn't even realise but Mercedes just called,£750 will be going into our account on Monday Settlement figure for Maggie wasn't typed up as agreed but it's all good,nice wee lift.Something will need replaced in the house soon no doubt but hey ho
Have reserved an ironing board and floating shelf( for youngest's DVD player) in Argos Have put her tv up on the wall( looks great) but don't like the wires coming down for her DVD,Will shelf it and keep it neat.
Boot full of cupboard to go to recycling,beside Argos so happy days
So sunny Takeaway night...yeah!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-03-2014, 01:40 PM
Afternoon Gill sorry you have been feeling low I felt like that in Feb 3 years after Ollie had to be put to sleep. We can't help it and all of us here understand your feelings. (((Hugs))). Hope you are feeling a bit better now.
Glad things went well for Davie Lorraine. Sounds like the other boy is well known for his anti social behaviour.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-03-2014, 01:42 PM
Result Eileen you can have the iron too now.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-03-2014, 01:43 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
...[snip]...
Malka, I've never, ever eaten an advocada, I really must try one one day, but then they're full of cholesterol aren't they? They are on my "don't eat" list from the hospital anyway for some strange reason.
Hospital "do not eat" lists are mostly full of misinformation from years ago.

Avocados contain "good" oil and are not full of cholesterol or "bad" fats/oils. In fact they are extremely good for you.

Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
...[snip]...
Hi Malka I do agree with you regarding people coming live in our countries. They are so welcome providing they make an effort to fit in and not moan about how different things are
Ahem This is where I admit that for the last couple of years I have requested some kind person to please send me an M&S Christmas Pudding.

I could quite easily do without one but sometimes I get the cravings...

But I did not come here to live as an expat Brit - I came here to live as an Israeli, and here I will stay and here I will be laid to rest when I pop my clogs - in the burial ground adjoining this Moshav.

Because this Country is my home - this Moshav is my home - and this is where I feel at home.

And who needs malt vinegar anyhow?
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2014, 01:53 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Result Eileen you can have the iron too now.
Oh yeah Just enough to get the board and shelf today though...Its pay day,and pay day man isn't home yet
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2014, 01:54 PM
Do you know, you're actually right there Malka, cos I've just been Googling They're actually GOOD for people with heart problems I can't believe they put them in the "never eat" section on my hospital diet sheet from the blinkin cardiology department I'm binning this list now

Hi Gill, what are you like? You are completely normal!!! We will never, ever forget our favourite friends that we've lost over the years ((((hugs)))). I recently had Georgie's anniversary back in February which brought a few tears to my eyes. There was no dog quite like old George, as I'm sure you will remember, and I hope one day you might find another furry friend to give some more of your heart to.

Hi Eileen, that's a result isn't it with the car. Good job they're honest, you might never have seen that money again. Don't spend it all in Argos will ya

Hi Lynn, oh that's great, a nice little holiday in August, that'll do you all the world of good, and give you something to look forward to. How are you managing with those stairs? Have you got a builder yet, or aren't you going to bother now that you're going to sell it on?
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-03-2014, 02:14 PM
We have found a carpenter/joiner he has given us a catalogue so Gorden emailed them and which stairs we wanted the cheapest and most basic so waiting for them to get in touch and do their survey and then get back in touch with the carpenter and get the quote. We will get them done before selling as they do put people off but funnily enough you do get use to them. Still also deciding whether utility and downstairs loo and shower or today I had a thought take out the built in cupboards and put an en- suite in our room as the soil stack is outside our bedroom window. Gorden will have to measure up to see if it can be done and how small it will make the bedroom, plus we need to decorate from top to bottom I would like it re-done even if we do put it on the market sooner rather than later its always nice to have it nice while living in it.
Page 4 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 > Last »