Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-10-2013, 05:30 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread Tuesday.

Morning everyone. Very mild here we had the french doors open till gone 9 last night. Then a hornet was attracted to the light and flew into the house.
My 6ft plus son jumped up in a panic he is terrified of them so he kept an eye on Dillon while I zapped it with my fly killer spray.
It is very mild again today.

Off to see mum this morning and another removal quote being done at 4.14 this afternoon. Lets hope Dillon behaves himself.
I also have to now get in touch with various companies telling them we are moving Friday and inform them of change of address some Gorden will have to do from work as they are in his name. And I need more boxes.

Pat I hope if Mart has appointments today they go well.
Sorry to hear the marriage problems seem to be getting more awkward for him I hope it is resolved soon one way or the other so he can then concentrate entirely on getting better.
Good luck with the magazine people Helena.
Jenny hoping Pepsi had a good night and that her tummy is better this morning.
Lorraine I hope Davie is feeling better today.
Sorry if I have missed anyone. (((Hugs))) for those that need them.
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2013, 06:09 AM
Morning Lynn and everyone.

Have to go to bed. Life's hectic right now, so although I am reading the threads, I dont have time to post 'till my evening... when you all are in bed... sorry'
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-10-2013, 06:11 AM
Morning/night Sara. All of us understand that sometimes we just have time to flick through but not reply.
Hope you and the doglets and cats are ok. How's your is Brothers MIL doing now ? Hope I got that right.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2013, 06:11 AM
Morning Lynn and fellow members,

As you say Lynn it is so mild this morning ..... really odd but very pleasant Raining lightly here but I gather it will be a real mix today with heavy rain in the afternoon. I too am off to visit my Mum today, taking the dogs so that I don't worry if I get held up coming back and the residents love them.

Lynn - You've got another busy day .... week, months ahead but taking each day as it comes will hopefully make the move less daunting. I hope your Mum is on good form as I know only too well what a difference a visit makes when they are.

I'll have to go and read back on yesterday evening's thread as I appear to have missed a few things. I hope you all have a good day and any poorly people or dogs are feeling better this morning.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2013, 06:19 AM
Morning all,

Lynn, hope you are able to get a reasonable quote for moving house. We just hired a truck and did it ourselves (along with Dad helping), but we didn't have much at the time. I think we'd have to get someone to do it for us now.

Davie was fine once he'd had something to eat, he was hungry, that's all that was wrong with him.

My turn for whatever bug is going round, I feel horrible, got a thumping headache and feel like I'm going to throw up. Tried eating but really don't want to. Feel shaky too so I think, although I'm supposed to be back to work today I will stay home and try to sleep it off.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-10-2013, 06:20 AM
Morning Jenny enjoy your visit to your mum and safe journey.
I won't be taking Dillon he is allowed but at the moment is to much of a handful and I get the feeling my time for visiting mum would be shortened by all the residents and staff stopping me. Plus its far too warm in there for him.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-10-2013, 06:23 AM
Morning Lorraine. Hope you feel better soon.
Glad Davie is feeling better.
Michael our youngest offered to drive a splitter van or luton but to be honest there would be so many trips and its not just round the corner he said he didn't mind then would drive it back into London the same evening.
Its not cheap for removal but they would be doing all the work and it would be done in one hit.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2013, 06:27 AM
Morning Lynn, Lorraine, Jenny and everyone and night night Sara

I was out in the bootroom ironing in the evening and I needed the door open cos I had the tumble on, but couldn't stand all the mozzies coming in, but a hornet No wonder he doesn't like them Lynn, they chase you and never give up, I remember being chased all around my horse's field by one once, and I had to shut myself in the tack room for sanctuary and I swear it was still hanging about waiting for me Congrats on the exchange, I managed to speed read a bit last night when I'd finished, now you can relax, or maybe not, cos you haven't yet booked your slot for Friday, so good luck with that.

I was exhausted last night, had no time for the puter, but today although another busy one, it's a nice busy one, no physical stuff involved.

Zena seems a lot better, but it's a faff sorting out all these pills, either with food or an hour before, especially when I want to feed her 4 times whilst she's like this. I've had to start a pill chart cos I know what I'm like and I might not be able to remember what I gave her and when, so it's best that I write it all down.

Wish me luck today, I hope I can swing it with this buyer to hand over his cash and leave the van in my name. Bit of a big ask I know, but he should see it my way and we can always get a solicitor to tie it all up if he wants. I really don't care if he doesn't want it, it's a take it or leave it situation with me, I'm not desperate, it's just that he came along and I don't want to miss the opportunity of having an easier life next year.

Hope everyone is ok along with the doglets.

Jen, hope Pepsi has got over her iffy tummy she had last time I saw you post on Sunday.

Pat, you got it wrong yesterday, I don't have a problem with curtains, it's Linda that can't decide. I've made my own now thanks to the help of my little Janome, best investment I ever made along with the Karcher window vac.

Linda, I have to agree with you about the curtains in D's atm, I wouldn't buy any of them either (except for the ones I bought!). Try Paul Simons online they can sometimes have some nice ones, or look at the materials in Dunelms and think about having them made, especially as your length is different in that window. Good luck.

Bev, still thinking of you, hope you're doing ok (((((hugs)))))

Sorry, that's all I can remember from what I read yesterday, but hope everyone is ok along with the doglets, and enjoy your day.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2013, 06:29 AM
Looks like I spoke too soon, Davie just came through saying he feels like he is going to throw up too. We both must have caught something when we were away. Yuck!
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2013, 06:29 AM
Lore I am sorry that you have succumbed to one of the many viruses doing the rounds and hope it's one of the 24 hours bug and not a lingering virus. ((hugs)). Just read that Davie has also gone down with it .... sorry.
Lynn - Your post about taking Dillon with you made me smile. My dogs love the nursing home but are not keen on Mum's room but that's due to the wooden slippery floors and Rucksack just flattens and then doesn't move These homes are very hot but my two don't have the HUGE coat that Dillon wears
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 > Last »