Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-09-2013, 05:24 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread Thursday.

Morning everyone me again.
Feels very mild here today and dry at the moment. I do think we are in for rain today later hopefully after Dillon and I have had our walk.

Helena I hope you aren't feeling too unwell today after your ordeal yesterday and that your lovely neighbours will pop in and check on you today or give you a call. Maybe they will walk Zena if you are comfortable with that set up.
(((Hugs))) I have a feeling you may need them. I hope Dave is home tonight.
We were all checking in and worrying about you yesterday but guessed you wouldn't be in any fit state to update us.
jenny I hope all is well today with your visitor. Will you putting his breakfast nearer the door each day ? We took one of Marks friends in many years ago lovely lad but after a few weeks it got a bit tiresome and he wasn't very easy to get along with. He did however use to cook dinner with Michael for when Gorden and I arrived home from work and did help with housework.
June good news on the hip scores. What an awful story of what you went through.
Lorraine and just when you thought you were getting a rest. I will be ready for bed after reading that and I haven't been up long.

Off to sort Gorden's packed lunch in a bit and his breakfast.

Have a nice Thursday everyone.
Cath
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-09-2013, 06:22 AM
Good morning Lynn and all.

Not been around much as I'm off work with sinusitis, been horrendous to the point where it was the whole of the left side of my face including my ear, which then set me with being off balance to the point where I fell over in the bathroom - am now at the stage where it's just sore and a banging headache but that's a big improvement.

No plans at all today apart from lying around and having Marco snuggles whenever they are on offer
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2013, 06:26 AM
Morning all! Morning Helena for when you feel able to check in. All quiet on the western front here today after the shenanigans of yesterday and the 'locked out neighbour'.

I saw her this morning while out with Bella - but we didn't get long together as I'd diverted to other side of waterway because the guy with the GSDs was on the path and she was stood still waiting for him to turn round and go home. Dunno why he bothers with the field - he about turns them when they've covered only about 20 metres of it.

My neighbour was sort of apologetic about her carry on yesterday - I said to her what WILL she do if she ever gets a BIG problem in her life if she is almost hysterical and on the verge of a blimmin breakdown over something as trivial as being 'locked out' for an hour or so? I think some people can't survive without DRAMA in their lives. And am beginning to think Lucia is one of them. It's either her mystery health problems (but refusing to see or follow up with a doc) or her son being out of work, or her daughter in law not being over friendly, or her husband getting paid by cheque or leaving a key in the back of the door lol!

**broke off to have long catch up chat with Jenny who is walking to school. She is doing just fine and busy busy busy. I will be calling Martin later to catch up with him as we (unusually) haven't spoken for a few days (tho I am not worried as Mart is one you ALWAYS hear from when he has any problems and 'no news is good news' where he is concerned.)

Well I saw Andrea while out walking and asked for her to come and trim me up a bit again. She said Monday but just called to say she is on her way. (She ALWAYS does this lol!) But my barnet is getting on my wick and not looking in great condition after being scurfed back into top knots, plaits and pony tails for ages now so I think I must even just let her take a bit more than the usual millimetre or so off it this time! Bella will go BERSERK - Andrea has managed to drive my dog insane since the day I brought her home. She chases her round the apartment and verandahs with her water squirter and squeals at her in a high pitched voice and then Bella goes into maniacal barking minpin mode ... well I am sure you get the picture? But Andrea loves the dog and I just have to put up with it as the dog loves Andrea too - (most I can hope for is Bella will piss on her with excitement - she's done it before! And then I can say 'I TOLD YOU not to drive her too bonkers lol!)

If H has surfaced while I was typing this screed. Hello sweetie and hope you are not feeling too shellshocked and fragile today.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2013, 06:31 AM
Morning Cacoll
You weren't there when I started typing. That is horrible for you - I know that awful feeling well as I used to suffer horribly with sinusitis in my 30s and that dreaded giddy nausea when your ears are affected. I used to describe it as feeling drunk out of your brain and unable to walk straight but without having had the drink!

I hope you've got some ABs and stuff to ease the pain although my experience of bad sinusitis is that nothing actually makes the pain 'go away'. I remember not even being able to tilt my head down towards the floor or bend to pick up the kids when they were tiny - for fear I'd keel over and fall on top of them!

It became the fashion in the UK then not to 'treat' it - the docs saying that it eventually goes away on its own even if it takes months!

I've not suffered with it hardly at all since leaving UK so did wonder if it was 'hay fever' related back then as I suffered with that too. Only recent mild attacks have all been related to 'tooth problems' and 'referred pain' from the tooth/ear region.

Sending many commiserations to you. (Another one for the Dogsey Emergency Ward!)
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-09-2013, 06:46 AM
Morning Cacoll sorry to hear you are unwell it sounds awful.
Wishing you well soon.
Morning Pat. Glad things are quieter there for you today well until your hairdresser arrives and starts chasing Bella round the apartment.

Raining here now and that horrible fine get you wet in seconds rain. Glad I did Lidl yesterday.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2013, 07:10 AM
Morning Lynn and fellow members,

A very dank and dull morning here but the heavy rain has ceased now - more later I believe. Nothing exciting on the cards today, just housework and the ironing I didn't do yesterday.

Lynn - I think the rain may be coming your way so I hope you get Dillon out before. Only a couple more days until you'll have more idea as to where you are going to set up home
Cacoll - Oh dear, poor you. Sinusitis is awful and I've been getting it on and off for the past eighteen years. I really sympathise as the pressure in your face is horrible . Hopefully you are on some strong abs, if not get some and two courses are usually needed for bad sinuses. ((hugs)).
Pat - There are a few people locally that I too will cross the road to avoid. That neighbour of yours was a trifle over the top with her reaction to being locked out If there was a real crisis she may actually handle it better. I have a close friend like that where everything is a drama .... it drives me mad. Are you going to have a shorter haircut for the cooler months or still keep it long enough to tie it up?
Helena - I feel so concerned about you. Front teeth removal can't be nice and having to put a plate over painful raw sockets must be horrendous. Lots of (((hugs))) for you and I hope you accept any help offered from your neighbours before Dave gets back later.

Apologies if other people have posted after Pat, but I stopped to make scrambled egg for my son and his friend. Son has gone off to work now and I believe his friend is going shortly.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2013, 07:27 AM
Morning.

Helena I will echo what everyone else has said, really hope things are well this morning. Looking forwad to hearing from you when you feel well enough xx
Morning Lynn
Cacoli I do feel sorry for you sinusitis is horrible, get well soon.
Tang, Jenny morning hope you are well.
Hello everyone else, have a good day.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2013, 07:27 AM
Morning Lynn and all,

The knee is feeling a bit better this morning but I have gone down with a stinking cold so I have started the echinacea today in a hope I have got in early enough with them to get rid of it.

This morning I have Julie who I swapped houses with coming round to try and sort out the dishwasher she left me. There is no water going into it but they may have turned the water off to it before they moved. or a pipe may be kinked.
Then Charly and I are off back close to my old house (how depressing) to go to Tesco, we will call in at my mums on the way back to do her housework, then back here, walk Lily and off to see to my elderly lady for a couple of hours.

Sunny here at the moment and I hope it stays that way as I have a load of washing on that i want to dry.

H, hope you are feeling better now that tooth is gone.

jenny I will have some ironing you could do if you have your iron out.

Cacoll i feel for you as a fellow sinus sufferer it truly is awful.

hope everyone has a good day
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2013, 07:44 AM
Helena will enter the building shortly ....... she has survived Just had a text from her.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2013, 07:52 AM
Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post
Helena will enter the building shortly ....... she has survived Just had a text from her.
Whoop-whoop!
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »