Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2013, 09:41 AM
Morning everyone

Lots of rain and wind here through the night and the snow is all gone! I was hoping to get everyone out for a walk this morning but it's started to rain again so it might just be me and Loki again.

I need to escape the house to get away from Gangnam Style being played over and over again on YouTube. It's hugely popular at school - we can't escape it!
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2013, 10:02 AM
Morning all. The snow has gone this morning. I'd forgotten that the park was actually green. it's a lovely day now - cold wind though. It would be a lovely drying day but I've no washing to do.
Hope kyiro is ok at the vets tomorrow. Poor boy. He'll feel better by this time next week.
I had a horrible dream last night .Our houses were being demolished to make way for a motorway but along with the rest of the street we had nowhere to go. The whole street was sat in town with one bag each which was all we could carry. & because we had no house I killed Taffy with a brick to his head & had to put him in a bedding box out of our bedroom & bury him in a hole that the road workers had made outside. I was glad to wake up & find it wasn't true.
I think I'll go & sort my wardrobe out now & find some stuff that doesn't fit to make a bit of room.

Have a good day everyone.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

27-01-2013, 10:12 AM
'morning Helena and all

Just popped in to say hello, have a lot of dreaded paperwork to sort out, I would leave it but can't get outside (as it's still minus 10C and went down to minus 15C in the night ) so might as well do it now

Hope the treacle pud goes down well for those that make it to Nippys place

Will be back this evening for a longer browse
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2013, 10:36 AM
Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post
Nippy - morning to you too, can't leave you out.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2013, 10:46 AM
Moet - I am so sorry I didn't say 'Hi' to you too, I didn't notice you hiding behind Nippy.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2013, 10:51 AM
Moet - I am so sorry I didn't say 'Hi' to you too, I didn't notice you hiding behind Nippy.
Oi, what you saying? That I am big enough to hide behind??

Yeah, actually you are right, hahahaha
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2013, 10:59 AM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Oi, what you saying? That I am big enough to hide behind??

Yeah, actually you are right, hahahaha
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2013, 11:58 AM
Originally Posted by moetmum View Post
Morning H and all

It is dry here but blowing a gale. The dogs are patiently waiting for their breakfast, fish today although a bit late.

I am on holiday today (from work) I could get used to it. I was thinking of taking the two youngsters out on the bike, it's been too icy for over a week and they do enjoy it. The others will take to their paws.

I am looking forward to the syrupy sponge, I hope Jen has a big bowl for us lot!

Have a good day all.
Morning Gerry So glad to hear you've actually got a whole Sunday to yourself here, and that sounds like a brill idea getting out on the bike with the doglets, cos they really do love it don't they, so enjoy.

Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
What - a - night!! Never heard wind like it. Next door for sale sign has been blown over, my new bird feeding station is still upright, it takes a lot to destroy my hubby's handiwork, but it has blown right round and is facing the other way. Now this morning all is calm and still, with blue sky and sunshine!
Hope everyone has survived and that the snow is disappearing and the weather warming up.

Busy, busy, busy, treacle puds to make!!
Be back later.
Morning Jen Yes, get cracking on that pud please Jen, don't let us lot hold you up!!! Blimey, you had some wind down there last night then, I heard it too, or rather I saw the carnage outside this morning cos in this house, you don't get to hear the wind until you open the back door! Even Zena wouldn't go out first thing this morning but we had horizontal rain along with that wind, but now it's sunshine all the way. Enjoy your Sunday with the family there Jen, hope the grand kids are coming over, but then again, maybe I don't, cos they might eat all that pud!

Morning Helena and fellow dog lovers,

What a damp and wild morning, but so much nicer that walking in snow/ice so I'm not complaining. I had the best nights sleep and woke up at nearly eight and the dogs were still fast asleep So I'm feeling fully refreshed and ready for a day of ..... not sure what, but whatever it is it won't be doing any more to my son's room

Helena - it must be a huge relief having the van all sorted so that you can now forget about it for a while. Enjoy your roast lamb (my favourite too) and I'll make sure there is lots of syrup pud for whoever turns up

RoseB - what a wild night you've had and a relief that your roof stayed intact Your snowdrops sound glorious - they remind me of my childhood Batten the hatches and enjoy your day.

Bev - Good luck at the vets tomorrow with the lovely Kyiro. I have to admit I was concerned when you mentioned that the vet was going to leave the dislocated toe and see how Kyiro managed with it. Having a joint out of place and then weight bearing on it must be excruciating If the vet goes ahead with the partial amputation I bet you find that he recovers really quickly. He'll get use to having toes missing and will compensated with weight bearing on an outer or inner toe. Dogs manage and adapt so well to leg amputations so please try not to be too down if the op is the ultimate choice. (((hugs))) for you.

Chris - So sorry about the worry you are having over your Mam now. (((hugs))) for you too.

Malka - I can imagine lamb is very pricey for you. It is my absolute favourite meat and having it with freshly made mint sauce is my idea of heaven Not that I'm having lamb today or have a mint plant

JackB and Moet - good morning to you both too.
Morning Jenny, and yes, you're right there, roast lamb has to be with freshly made mint sauce, which Dave doesn't like, but I do, so it gets made anyway Glad you got a lie in, and enjoy your Sunday out with the dogs, now that the sun is shining on us, as I'm sure if we've got it, then so have you.

Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Good morning fellow members what a night we are now back to mud and floods here but at least it is dry at the moment so just about to hang some washing out for the first time in weeks.

Next job is to tidy Chloe up a bit while it is not so cold standing in the garage.

Enjoy your day everyone whatever you decide to do
Morning Mini, glad it's dry although a bit wet, we're getting quite used to it now aren't we. Hope Chloe ends up sparkling clean after your efforts.

Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Morning everyone

Lots of rain and wind here through the night and the snow is all gone! I was hoping to get everyone out for a walk this morning but it's started to rain again so it might just be me and Loki again.

I need to escape the house to get away from Gangnam Style being played over and over again on YouTube. It's hugely popular at school - we can't escape it!
Morning Linda , you've lost me there with the Gangnam, I got lost when my niece talks about "somebody in the room" or is that a "wardrobe" maybe, being her favourite group

Originally Posted by Taffsmum View Post
Morning all. The snow has gone this morning. I'd forgotten that the park was actually green. it's a lovely day now - cold wind though. It would be a lovely drying day but I've no washing to do.
Hope kyiro is ok at the vets tomorrow. Poor boy. He'll feel better by this time next week.
I had a horrible dream last night .Our houses were being demolished to make way for a motorway but along with the rest of the street we had nowhere to go. The whole street was sat in town with one bag each which was all we could carry. & because we had no house I killed Taffy with a brick to his head & had to put him in a bedding box out of our bedroom & bury him in a hole that the road workers had made outside. I was glad to wake up & find it wasn't true.
I think I'll go & sort my wardrobe out now & find some stuff that doesn't fit to make a bit of room.

Have a good day everyone.
Morning Taffsmum Blimey, you turned into a murderer in your dreams there At least mine was a nice one last night, I dreamed I was in a hotel with Gary Barlow WHY?? I dunno!!!! Enjoy all that sorting out. It's always a good excuse to go out and buy new cos you have "nothing to wear", but then if I remember you don't like shopping do ya, so better not throw too much out

Originally Posted by Losos View Post
'morning Helena and all

Just popped in to say hello, have a lot of dreaded paperwork to sort out, I would leave it but can't get outside (as it's still minus 10C and went down to minus 15C in the night ) so might as well do it now

Hope the treacle pud goes down well for those that make it to Nippys place

Will be back this evening for a longer browse
Morning Harvey, cold again then brrrrrr. We've got the most glorious sunny day AGAIN, that's 2 days in a row and no snow, Spring is just around the corner, I can feel it!

Had a lovely walk along the top of the beach tide was up so couldn't get on the sand. So many people with dogs though but we were later than usual. Zena had a zoom and a good sniff about, Dave tagged along behind not saying much Getting used to it now

Lamb smells deliscious cooking away in the oven with the roasties. I've made the yorkshire pud and done the veggies, and I'm really looking forward to this little treat today. Dave was fixing the garage up and over door cos it wasn't happy, it had gone a bit wobbly, and he ended up tripping the electrics no less than 3 times, so the oven went off, the dishwasher went off and the tumble! It's a big double door, but he's managed to straighten it out and stop it wobbling, and the good news is, the electric is back on so the lamb can carry on cooking. The thought of treacle pud for afters is making me drool here

Off to phone a friend now, enjoy your Sunday everyone
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-01-2013, 11:59 AM
Not quite afternoon yet so I can still say good morning.

Been a busy morning here so far walking Dillon making one bed stripping the other and filling out an online application for a part time job.
Another to do in a minute.

Glad to hear Rosie is still doing well
Will be thinking of you and Kyiro tomorrow Bev.
Malka 8am for blood test no wonder you missed it.

Weather here was very wet and windy overnight it is now very windy but we have some sun.
Better get off to do this next application then.

Have a good day all.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2013, 12:05 PM
Morning all,

Having an easy morning, not long out of bed. Watching the last two episodes of Band of Brothers before starting on the housework. Nice easy start to the day.

I was planning going up Fyrish, but there's too much to do here.
Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »