Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2012, 01:28 PM
Oh Helena - how could you?????

You nicked our sunshine and sent your rain. We got caught in it, but not too badly. It's been at it now for a good couple of hours

Hubby has gone to Nottingham so me and Rosie are having a quiet time. He 'won' some tyres and wheels for the car on Ebay so he's tootled off to fetch 'em.

I'm periodically shoving stuff in the washer and transferring stuff from washer to dryer so nowt much on. Thank you technology master for giving us machines that make our lives so much easier
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2012, 01:35 PM
*whispers* I am sitting on our pool deck in shorts and t-shirt. :P
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-11-2012, 01:54 PM
Afternoon all.....no little pitter patter of tiny paws as yet. I was that shattered after having very little sleep the last few nights. Anyhow despite lots of very loud bangs last night and Cariad trying to sit on my knee at one point (she weighs close on 7 stone without babies in there) and she normally never bothers about fireworks, but these were extremely loud bangs I'll give her that. We went to sleep and had a couple of going out and coming back in without doing anything sessions, after that didn't wake up till gone 9am. Gave brekkies out, Cariad had minced chicken and left most of it, so I gave her a raw egg which she ate, showed interest in the shell which I had put in the rubbish bag, so gave it her back but she left it there. I had brekkie and then must have gone back to sleep because next thing I know Cariad is nudging me and licking my face and it is gone 11am. Quick change into trakkie bottoms and t shirt, wellies, warm coat and wooly hat and took her for a walk round. Wayne is now staying here till Tuesday so he babysat whilst I took Lona and Mabs along the canal again, then cleaned yard and kennels, Cariad came out for that after she had eaten a piece of chicken, she lay in one kennel whilst I cleaned the other and then swapped, the other 2 had a bone each. Cornered her for worming and then she came back in and started eating the eggshell, so gave her a bone as well, but she hasn't been interested in bones for a few days now, so we will see, her breakfast is still there. She is pretty quiet today and there isn't as much activity in her tummy as there has been the last few days. I have my shower after I have done walks and cleaned yard, kennels etc. so off to have that now and then out for lpg and food shopping whilst Wayne babysits for me.
Lynn have a good day, I know you are saying goodbye for a few weeks, but think of the benefits, watching what you want on the telly, total custody of the remote control, eating what you want when you want,I love the single life and wouldn't want to get tied down again, you will miss him but it is so nice to please yourself, but that's me, selfish I guess
Nice day here in the frozen North, blue sky and sun, not that cold either, and NO rain for a change, glad someone else is having it for a change
Everyone have a lovely day whatever the weather
Azz
Administrator
Male 

03-11-2012, 02:08 PM
I know this is Wales, but it's actually sunny here too tho I would still love to swap with Malka - that temperature is right up my street

*hug* to Lynn and everyone with poorly doglets. Try not worrying too much guys, tho I know that's hard.

I had a funny dream last night, and I'm sure you lot were in it

I had to go to the shop to get some stuff (no idea what) anyway it was an old fashioned shop with one of those old fashioned cash registers on the one side of the shop with an official, stern looking person behind the till. This side of the shop was fairly small and the shelves were stacked like you would expect - it was like a typical 1960's style grocer/corner shop.

The other side of the shop was very different, it was bustling, and it wasn't like a shop at all! But everywhere you looked it was either something like a barn (with eggs) a field (with sweetcorn) or another outdoorsy place with something being cooked in what looked like clay pots, and there were different women in charge of each section... and they were all super friendly, and were helping me get things of my list and making suggestions etc One of them was definitely Jewish, because she said Shalom Anyway this side of the shop was just up my street - with friendly people telling me about natural and herbal remedies, sharing their experiences and knowledge about things and just generally being lovely.

I am really not making this up!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-11-2012, 02:11 PM
..It is sunny here too now Azz it must have blown up from Wales down the road ..
.. I hope your tooth is feeling better this morning...
Jeltz
Dogsey Junior
Male 

03-11-2012, 02:26 PM
Good afternoon all.

A quite day at work today so I took Rosie on a nice long walk at lunchtime. I always take her out for a walk in the middle of the day and then a longer one in the evening, but with the fireworks tonight I thought I'd do it the other way round.

Cold with intermittent sunshine here.
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2012, 02:32 PM
Good morning - OMG 4 pages to get through but it was worth it everyone being all chatty and I now know the complete weather outlook for England!!!

Oh Yeah - RAINING here....

Well up early for me on a Saturday, we are off to walk the doglets then to pick up some milling machine that Mr M has brought for his workshop... he is a very talented man (don't ever tell him I said that) and his hobby is building motorbikes, anyway he makes alot of the parts himself in his workshop and so he NEEDS all these machines Once we have picked it up we shall come home and I expect I shall find some housework to keep me out of trouble

Lynn big hugs... just think after today you are one step closer to Gorden coming home, it is so hard but the time will fly xx

Happy Happy Saturday everyone!!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2012, 02:40 PM
Originally Posted by Northernsoulgirl View Post
Morning all - er maybe that should be good afternoon now.
It's been hissing down here again as it has been pretty much all week. Bill was going up on the roof to get on with the terrace (ongoing job now in it's third year!) but as he has man flu and the weather is stinky he's been watching war stuff all day.....sigh.......I should go and do some shopping but really can't be bothered. Have downloaded some kindle books for both of us. I'm going to Rugby next week for a family visit so looking forward to seeing my family, although tbh a week will probably be enough! lol.... the dogs are lying at my feet as I type. Have just put details of GSD Carly on a re-homing website which is bitter and sweet as you can imagine.....have a good day everyone and not too many tears Lynn otherwise you'll be blocked up and get a headache and feel even worse...... xxx
Afternoon Gill , get him up off that sofa, he's got work to do, never mind that man flu, it doesn't exist, it's now been proven, it's all in his head tell him Enjoy your Rugby visit and good luck with Carly, I know how awful it must be for you, almost to the point of you feeling guilty about it all knowing you.

Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
Oh Helena - how could you?????

You nicked our sunshine and sent your rain. We got caught in it, but not too badly. It's been at it now for a good couple of hours

Hubby has gone to Nottingham so me and Rosie are having a quiet time. He 'won' some tyres and wheels for the car on Ebay so he's tootled off to fetch 'em.

I'm periodically shoving stuff in the washer and transferring stuff from washer to dryer so nowt much on. Thank you technology master for giving us machines that make our lives so much easier
Ooooops Sorry Chris, but it had to go somewhere didn't it, and you do have that dryer now

Originally Posted by labradork View Post
*whispers* I am sitting on our pool deck in shorts and t-shirt. :P
Afternoon Labradork, liar, liar pants on fire to you there!!! Then again, maybe you've taken yourself off to the warmer climes, maybe the Bahamas?? Think of us then won'tcha!

Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Afternoon all.....no little pitter patter of tiny paws as yet. I was that shattered after having very little sleep the last few nights. Anyhow despite lots of very loud bangs last night and Cariad trying to sit on my knee at one point (she weighs close on 7 stone without babies in there) and she normally never bothers about fireworks, but these were extremely loud bangs I'll give her that. We went to sleep and had a couple of going out and coming back in without doing anything sessions, after that didn't wake up till gone 9am. Gave brekkies out, Cariad had minced chicken and left most of it, so I gave her a raw egg which she ate, showed interest in the shell which I had put in the rubbish bag, so gave it her back but she left it there. I had brekkie and then must have gone back to sleep because next thing I know Cariad is nudging me and licking my face and it is gone 11am. Quick change into trakkie bottoms and t shirt, wellies, warm coat and wooly hat and took her for a walk round. Wayne is now staying here till Tuesday so he babysat whilst I took Lona and Mabs along the canal again, then cleaned yard and kennels, Cariad came out for that after she had eaten a piece of chicken, she lay in one kennel whilst I cleaned the other and then swapped, the other 2 had a bone each. Cornered her for worming and then she came back in and started eating the eggshell, so gave her a bone as well, but she hasn't been interested in bones for a few days now, so we will see, her breakfast is still there. She is pretty quiet today and there isn't as much activity in her tummy as there has been the last few days. I have my shower after I have done walks and cleaned yard, kennels etc. so off to have that now and then out for lpg and food shopping whilst Wayne babysits for me.
Lynn have a good day, I know you are saying goodbye for a few weeks, but think of the benefits, watching what you want on the telly, total custody of the remote control, eating what you want when you want,I love the single life and wouldn't want to get tied down again, you will miss him but it is so nice to please yourself, but that's me, selfish I guess
Nice day here in the frozen North, blue sky and sun, not that cold either, and NO rain for a change, glad someone else is having it for a change
Everyone have a lovely day whatever the weather
Afternoon June , Groundhog day for you then by the sounds of it, I do hope it won't be long for you both, try and get some rest you must both need it. Bless her heart, waking you up at 11am with a false alarm! I bet you don't sleep heavily at the moment either. Can't wait for some exciting news from you June.

Originally Posted by Azz View Post
I know this is Wales, but it's actually sunny here too tho I would still love to swap with Malka - that temperature is right up my street

*hug* to Lynn and everyone with poorly doglets. Try not worrying too much guys, tho I know that's hard.

I had to go to the shop to get some stuff (no idea what) anyway it was an old fashioned shop with one of those old fashioned cash registers on the one side of the shop with an official, stern looking person behind the till. This side of the shop was fairly small and the shelves were stacked like you would expect - it was like a typical 1960's style grocer/corner shop.

The other side of the shop was very different, it was bustling, and it wasn't like a shop at all! But everywhere you looked it was either something like a barn (with eggs) a field (with sweetcorn) or another outdoorsy place with something being cooked in what looked like clay pots, and there were different women in charge of each section... and they were all super friendly, and were helping me get things of my list and making suggestions etc One of them was definitely Jewish, because she said Shalom Anyway this side of the shop was just up my street - with friendly people telling me about natural and herbal remedies, sharing their experiences and knowledge about things and just generally being lovely.

Afternoon Azz I believe you - honest I do!!!
Isn't it strange some of the things we dream, but you can usually pinpoint it to what's going on around you somehow. You've been filling your mind, putting threads up on here about recipes, it's not surprising you found yourself in such a shop, and I'm glad you decided to keep on the right side of this dream shop where everyone was friendly and nice, that makes sense! I bet the other side had cobwebs didn't it along with the tumbleweed??? Hope the tooth doesn't hurt, well it wouldn't would it now that it's out, but now you can't eat any of that food you've been so busy preparing, unless you bought one of those juicer thingies of course! Be careful with it Azz, because if you don't take care of that big hole in your mouth, you could end up with a dry socket and that IS painful!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2012, 02:44 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post

Yeah I was the stern looking woman behind the 1960s til
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2012, 02:44 PM
Originally Posted by Jeltz View Post
Good afternoon all.

A quite day at work today so I took Rosie on a nice long walk at lunchtime. I always take her out for a walk in the middle of the day and then a longer one in the evening, but with the fireworks tonight I thought I'd do it the other way round.

Cold with intermittent sunshine here.
Afternoon Nic Glad the morning was quiet at work for you, and I think you were very wise to take Rosie out lunchtime instead of this evening coz it could all kick off early if the weather is good.

Originally Posted by DaisyD0g View Post
Good morning - OMG 4 pages to get through but it was worth it everyone being all chatty and I now know the complete weather outlook for England!!!

Oh Yeah - RAINING here....

Well up early for me on a Saturday, we are off to walk the doglets then to pick up some milling machine that Mr M has brought for his workshop... he is a very talented man (don't ever tell him I said that) and his hobby is building motorbikes, anyway he makes alot of the parts himself in his workshop and so he NEEDS all these machines Once we have picked it up we shall come home and I expect I shall find some housework to keep me out of trouble

Lynn big hugs... just think after today you are one step closer to Gorden coming home, it is so hard but the time will fly xx

Happy Happy Saturday everyone!!
Morning Debbie (See, I remembered you are morning when you're late in here!!! ) Sounds like you've got a husband like I have there, although mine doesn't build motorbikes, he owns a garage and thinks he should also have one at home, but without all the staff lol!

Enjoy your morning walk, I can't believe it's raining where you are, is this happening all over the World now xx
Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »