Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

24-06-2017, 08:15 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
I apologised for Dillon's mad barking sessions which they rarely hear so that's all good.
I have told both our neighbours that the only time our two will bark is when there is someone or something prowling around, which is absolutely true.

I think they appreciated that it's good to know, especially Julia who is a widow now.

Of course sometimes it's a fox or a cat or maybe a Muntjack deer, we have a lot of them around here and I believe the males make a noise a bit like a pig grunting.

They don't much like the bird scarer bangs either but of course those are not at night.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

24-06-2017, 08:32 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
..thanks to the NHS 5 years on I am still here, I have had the chance to save 2 more dogs and fall in love...feeling very very lucky
And now you'll likely be around a lot longer than me

Think of your body as a car engine, if you fit a new part or make some adjustments, it'll either go wrong in the first few months or it will last a lifetime.

I'm serious, there's a whole industry of people who do all sorts of clever stuff on calculating life expectancy (of engines) but it all boils down to the above.

Ask your consultant the next time you see him
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

24-06-2017, 08:52 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Got some lovely wicker border fencing and painted that and thats in the narrow border along the path.
It's a shame the transport would cost so much else you could have had all the split bamboo fencing that we had to put up when neanderthal man was around. It's just rolled up in a corner and I suppose at some point I will have to take it down to the tip

Don't know what to say about the plastering next door except that it is unusual to re-plaster the entire room, the original must have been dome badly. Hope that the job is finished soon.

There is a pub in our village, it's not near us but the end of their 'beer garden' does come about 100 yards away from our back fence. Tonight as I was sitting outside reveling in the peaceful twilight some music act started up outside I was horrified but it turned out they were only checking the amplifiers and the 'balance' and microphones and all that 'pre-performance' stuff.

When it looked like it was all working OK (About 5 minutes) they went inside and can't hear anything now, phew that was a close one

So off to have a shower now, best wishes to all, goodnight.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2017, 09:09 PM
harvey...look at this way...free entertainment, sit in your own yard with good company, cheap beer and hopefully decent music
i have just been on [a social network] and looked up couple of friends whom were down syndrome that i was blessed to go to primary school with...both are alive and doing well!!!
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2017, 10:05 PM
My dad just text...chinky??? I said no..next door had fetched samosa and cake....he walked in with a chinky ate his samosas....i think that's fair lol
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3