View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2017, 03:41 PM
That sounds lovely Lynn............hope the weather holds for them.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-06-2017, 03:44 PM
Took Kesh and Zen up into the woods and then Lona and Mabs went for a swim. Then off for yet more plants, and have now planted up a hanging basket (caterpillars got the one I grew from seed even before it went up) and have started another hanging basket from seed for when the one I've planted up dies off. Got some lovely wicker border fencing and painted that and thats in the narrow border along the path. Saw some lovely fluffy bedding plants that I've never heard of before, bought those and they are in the border along with a few others.
Had more than enough now and ready for bed, instead I'm having a butty and a brew, done girls tea and I'll have a sit down for a while before I am on the go again. Kitchen floor needs a mop, but it will still need one later. Next door is banging away merrily, thats 4 days now, how long does it take to knock plaster off the same place
Not especially sunny here, but not the rain that was forecast and its pleasant out.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-06-2017, 04:04 PM
Hope so Kazz. Bit doubtful here odd spot of rain to.
They have a marquee in the garden.
June sounds like a hectic day again for you.

We are not sure whether to pop round or not does it seem rude if we don't ? On the other hand it is mostly Emma's family and Ronnie's from across the road and friends.
Christenings seem a bit personal. Plus we haven't a card or anything for the baby.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-06-2017, 04:46 PM
Can you pop to the shops for a card and a babygro or something Lynn. I agree it seems rude not to show your face, but also you can't front up empty handed either!!!
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2017, 04:56 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Hope so Kazz. Bit doubtful here odd spot of rain to.
They have a marquee in the garden.
June sounds like a hectic day again for you.

We are not sure whether to pop round or not does it seem rude if we don't ? On the other hand it is mostly Emma's family and Ronnie's from across the road and friends.
Christenings seem a bit personal. Plus we haven't a card or anything for the baby.
Take them the bottle back they gave you if you plan on staying. If not pop round and just say hello/congratulations and tell them you had planned an evening in, is there a shop nearby for a card maybe. Think that would cover all areas
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-06-2017, 05:01 PM
Could pop up the shop for a card.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2017, 06:40 PM
Lynn, just pop in for one drink or whatever..drop a card and gift in after..they will remember that. I was supposed to be at my neighbours 21st...i didn't go..did let them know earlier in the week and glad I said I couldn't go as I am struggling to walk...couldn't be doing with having to be polite and make small talk...did stick a card with 20quid in through the door Wednesday
TW....i hated when our neighbours were getting replastered...was even worse when the plasterer walked into my house by accident!!
Having a few beers and chilling...was just thinking, will be 5yrs since I was diagnosed on the 5th...i am chuffed to be here
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-06-2017, 07:02 PM
5 years griff must seem like a lifetime.

Made a decision we will not pop round still feels like we will be gatecrashing a personal event.
So tomorrow we will get a nice card and apologise for not popping round thank them for the wine and invite and pop a fiver in for little Ronnie.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2017, 07:26 PM
Yes Lynn, I was told if I my treatment didn't work in 3 months I would be gone..thanks to the NHS 5 years on I am still here, I have had the chance to save 2 more dogs and fall in love...feeling very very lucky
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-06-2017, 07:38 PM
That's inspiring news.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >