Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-06-2017, 10:35 AM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Morning each and all to follow. I can remember certain years that it was hot. Always with my parents when I was a youngster sitting on the river banks fishing and then taking shade in the trees that were along the river banks. Also the years that I had the girls. One in 72 and one in 76. They were hot years. Have a good day all. Up with the lark this morning. Not that I heard one. just squawking seagulls because they have a baby on our roof again this year.
Yes, I remember the summer of '76 - stiflingly hot for weeks. Standpipes were installed in some places because of a water crisis.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2017, 12:15 PM
Yep it was very warm and being pregnant didn't help but I still went swimming, made the pool water rise. Supposed to cool down after Thursday. Just seen it is to hot in Phoenix Arizona for planes to take off. Phew.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

20-06-2017, 12:21 PM
Or is it because they speak so quietly?
It's not you Brenda it is a fact that recordings are done differently on modern productions, it saves money if they record as they act. It used to be that the recording was added after the filming and that enabled the producer to adjust the volume and also cut out a lot of background 'noise' both of which made watching a film far more enjoyable.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2017, 12:33 PM
cars done!!!!!!!!! yay had a panic as i had to pay him, leave him with the keys and go as he said it would be a 10 minute job... i got my blood test done and he was still here when i got back, was a bit of a nightmare...we got chatting and he was telling me his wife has had cancer twice and now has it in her spine...he came to drop off the invoice and keys and i gave him a tenner and asked him to stop off and get his wife a bottle of wine from me and wish her well..been through it the pair of them, he is a rough fella but doesn't rip you off at all and at least he showed up!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-06-2017, 12:36 PM
I have the subtitles on permanently so I always know what people are saying, even with hearing stuff in its not always possible to understand it all anymore. Like Harvey says its the way its filmed nowadays.
25 degrees here, got a nice cool breeze. Back from the bone run, hardly got any room in the freezers because I had a delivery last week,and I said I can't take a lot, so what have I got - A Lot!! Either feast or famine and always at the wrong times
Called in to see my friend, all her legs are red and swollen, I thought she'd been lay out in the sun, looks like bad sunburn.
Her hair has at least grown back and she seemed OK in herself. Her daughter has managed to find a home for the American Bulldog, Lady, we were so worried about her and what would happen.
Griff, hope the doctors appointment went OK. I think mid-morning is around 11 am - midday would be noon surely. The job is growing longer by the hour!!!
Watching the News, and Doctors, then nipping out for some bits and pieces then its putting the plants in the pots and seeing what I need to finish off the beds
PS, just seen your post, Griff. Glad to hear the job is done, and hope things improve for his poor wife and him
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-06-2017, 12:47 PM
Hi Harvey and Beseoker.
griff glad the car is done. That was a nice gesture.
June sorry to hear about your friend.
Gill still not doing good either going over next Friday to see her we may go out or not depending on how she is.

I always go by the 24 hours on a clock so midday 12pm and midnight 12pm half way round the clock each time. I always consider 11 am part of the morning (late).
If someone says they are coming at noon or midday I always expect them around 12.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2017, 02:34 PM
awww your poor friend TW...what a shame for her, my nans legs went like that...it's fluid that causes it think...she had to have her legs bandaged in the end
I am very relieved the car is done...i really didn't want to have to deal with people tomorrow as i am even more grumpy lol wonder if i can blag him into a trip up b&m's ...just to test it you see and get the dogs some cooling mats
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-06-2017, 03:32 PM
Hope you can griff chemo day tomorrow isn't it and foot investigations Thursday ?
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2017, 03:36 PM
Yep Lynn, my life is soooooo exciting!! must admit i am not looking forward to thursday...it's my "good side" you see so i have no way to take the weight off it after they have done poking needles in me Lol, i am hoping they can look at just by my ankle too as i can't move my foot upwards now...ahhh i just want a new body
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-06-2017, 03:47 PM
Yep it was very warm and being pregnant didn't help but I still went swimming, made the pool water rise. Supposed to cool down after Thursday. Just seen it is to hot in Phoenix Arizona for planes to take off. Phew.
My eldest child was born in Jan'77 so I obviously found something to while away the hot days - and nights.
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >