Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2017, 09:59 AM
i have watched 2 Brenda...not sure myself but mum says she thinks it's good
Hmmmm fella says not the rad leaking...he reckons the header tank...no way to tell unless you put it under pressure, so a header tank is on order and he will be back tomorrow...so day 2 of me stuck in the house Lol
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-06-2017, 10:02 AM
Sure we can manage with no Monday in the header brenda.
Will the header tank still come under the price quoted griff ?

Just finished downstairs just upstairs to tidy then a cool shower catch up with Versailles watched poldark while having breakfast. Then veg out I think.
We watched the first episode of the Loch found it good will watch second episode when Gorden hom it is one of our catch up together programmes.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2017, 10:30 AM
So sad again with the news on TV. When will it stop. Makes me worry all the time Sara goes away. But as she says we have to keep doing things normally.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2017, 11:06 AM
no Lynn, the header is £88 plus vat...so will be nearly £200 as he is doing a sensor too still cheaper than a rad from bmw
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-06-2017, 11:10 AM
Yes brenda very worrying. Michael's girlfriend works for Expedia travels the world. Michael lives and works in london as does Gorden in the week.
Just hope this doesn't incur more revenge attacks.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-06-2017, 11:10 AM
Ouch but as you say from main dealer always very expensive so £200 seems reasonable.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

19-06-2017, 11:29 AM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Hmmmm fella says not the rad leaking...he reckons the header tank...no way to tell unless you put it under pressure, so a header tank is on order and he will be back tomorrow...so day 2 of me stuck in the house Lol
Hi Giff, I just had to ask you, do you ask these guys a 'test' question the sort of thing which an experienced mechanic (like you) would know the answer but some newbies might not.

Must be very tempting for you 'cos sadly there are still mechanics who think a women knows 'nowt about cars

I expect he's OK but for your Dads sake you want the best, and these days you don't always get it
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2017, 11:41 AM
lol...i tend to pick up the vibe from over the phone..for instance, i rung one place when the head went on his bmw and the guy was sooooo patronising and talking to me like i wouldn't understand what he was on about..when he started on about something i just made him look an idiot..this guy was recommended by a chap with a decent rep and although he showed up late he is a nice enough guy and not ripping us off, even at £200 all in i am happy as i haven't had to do it Lol
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-06-2017, 01:29 PM
Woke up in the night, was still dark, then zonked out again and woke up again at 9am,late for me in the week. Girls were fed, cleaned up and yard hosed in record time. Then umbrellas up, citronella candles lit and dotted about, a couple of lavender ones as well and then got my own breakfast, mopped the kitchen floor. Then Mabs and Kesh went on the river for half an hour and got a good soaking, then Lona and Zen, all came back dripping. WHY did I mop the floor BEFORE they came back sopping wet.
Fan on in the kitchen, tower fan and cool mats in the utility. Lona has stayed in the big house, it is insulated in the sleeping part, so it will be cool there for her, being dark coated she's going to feel the heat. Kesh and Zen in the kitchen, Mabs in the utility. Went off for LPG. Guy there told me he saw a golden retriever completely passed out on the pavement on the way in, he had no way of stopping and is hoping its OK and the owner gets help or revives it.
Just made a start in the garden itself now. Cut back the roses, found one was actually dead, so pulled the stump out, despite gloves I got attacked by the dead and live rose thorns. Dug over one bed and put new fence up, was going to make a start on the other when my friend rang to complain about the heat. I sat down, and of course never did the 2nd bed because I realised I was jiggered.I'll do it either later on or tomorrow, probably later on because bone run tomorrow. The plastic edging I put by the boundary hedge has done its job, and Jeff's weeds are clustered on the other side of it, a couple keep making it over, but they are easily despatched.
Now sat with a butty and a brew watching telly for half an hour, will get a couple of pain killers down me. I was making a cheese and tomato sandwich and 3 noses were propped on the counter moving with my every action
Griff, hoping this Fathers Day pressie doesn't become the most expensive one in history
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2017, 02:09 PM
Back from shopping, done it not sure I've got everything, I've got no oomph!
This is how drippy I am today - went in coop to get mum in laws papers, realised I'd no change so payed with card, called at bank on way to hers to get some cash- though where's my bank card, panicked thought I'd left it at coop, no not there, panicked some more when I checked my purse again, realised I'd put it behind the coop loyalty card, not where I normally keep it- honestly think the suns got to me
Well I'm now sat with a sandwich & glass of juice, I'd got Rosie watching every bite
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >