Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2017, 06:31 AM

Daily Thread, Friday, 16th June.

Good Morning everyone, going to be another hot day!

June, so sorry about your friend, it must be heart breaking to know there is nothing you can do for her.

Lynn, Do hope Beth can come up with the money to buy your place. Will make life so much easier if they can. Hope Dillon is ok in this hot weather.

Griff, hope you are feeling better today and your pets are ok too.

All other two and four legged friends please be safe in the sun and have a good day all. God Bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-06-2017, 08:02 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow.
So do we Moyra be so much less stress if it all works out.
Been looking at what's around and seen a lovely bungalow in the same village as Mark and Lauren.
I know there is a nice nature reserve in the village but expect by the time this is all sorted it will be gone.

Dillon seems to have more energy than me in this weather. Cooler today but going to be hot at the weekend 30 degrees here. Not as hot as Michael is expecting it to be in Spain around 40 degrees. Him and Maca are at a wedding there this weekend.

Hope everyone is well and all four legged friends.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-06-2017, 08:44 AM
Not that sunny here this morning and a lot cooler. Will take Kesh and Zen into the woods and Lona and Mabs can go in the river by the pumping station. Two weeks since Cariad went, really strange without her, we're all coming to terms with it, looked at her box this morning, so surreal
Moyra you get planning your Road Trip p!ease
Lynn, I am so excited for you
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-06-2017, 08:51 AM
Thanks June not getting excited here or at least trying not to. Just a teensy bit of excitement but stopping myself from going overboard.
Firstly they have to sell Paul's mums flat 4 in the complex up for sale.
Second they have to get a by to let mortgage. Which means survey and something knowing this place is bound to come up even though we feel we have all bases covered.
So keeping my feet firmly planted on the ground.

Oooh Moyra road trip I saw something about it briefly. Very exciting and much needed by you.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2017, 08:56 AM
Good morning everyone

Moira as others have said get planning for a nice little holiday and house hunting thrown in you know it makes sense

Sorry to read about your friend June. Enjoy your walks with the girls.

Fingers crossed all goes to plan for you Lynn but I learnt don't look for something until you are ready to go or you will be very disappointed that you have missed something really nice. If its meant to be it will still be there for you. Hope Dillon is coping with this hot weather.

Poor Casey being made to do something he should be doing by nature but not his I had a dog like that even puddles were a no no but the others would be snorkelling in the local pond which wasn't that nice as very muddy.

Well down on your weight loss Mandy so a new wardrobe is in the plans

Lovely day here. Bath mats washed and on the line now our Autumn/Spring coats in the wash. Nothing really planned today as I need a rest. Will go and do a bit of hoeing in a minute and dead head the roses as I can't sit and look at that for too long

Have a good day and stay safe.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-06-2017, 09:00 AM
Morning Sue. We never physically look till offer made.
I keep my eye on things on line so if they are still on the market in the next few months when we hopefully are in a position to look a good offer might be accepted.
What will you do with all your spare time ? Gardening one of them.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2017, 09:34 AM
Morning all
TW, sorry to hear about your friend
Moyra, i am o.k thanks
Lynn...how much do surveys cost? what about getting one done so you will know of any issues and can sort them before an offer is made?
Sue...do you want to do my washing too?
Mandy, lucky you with 2 parties in a week
Kazz, awww bles Buster, he knows where home is and who his family are...lovely
Hi Brenda, hope you and Tyto are o.k
Nothing planned for me today
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-06-2017, 10:15 AM
Morning griff they vary depending if it's one to satisfy the lender which a lot of people do and in that case I think it would have to be done through the people buying and their lender.
Structural surveys are if my memory serves me rightly about £1000 and that was a few years back when we looked into them. If there is anything structurally wrong then all 3 houses will be effected most likely as they are a terrace. Not prepared to spend £1000 or upwards.
House has cost us enough already.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2017, 11:48 AM
Ahhh, right, never bought a house so no clue...just thought if it was a couple of hundred you could do it and then when an offer is made you would know there would be no issue and you are free to move....hopefully Pauls mums flat will sell quickly
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-06-2017, 12:09 PM
Very cool here and no sun at all now, so took both sets of girls on the field for a run round and game of ball, its been too warm for that recently, and I've also wanted to take the stress off the healing (at last) stopper pad on Zen. So thats what we did.
Have painted the sides of the decking I couldn't get to until son turned it round for me, just got to drop it so it is on the right side now, then prop it up and paint the front of it. Then will start getting my pots organised and planted up, then the bedding plants, then my new painted fencing round the borders. Should be ready for Christmas by then, am hoping we have a decent week and I can get stuck in for an hour or so every day.
I think it is so beautiful that Buster is already devoted to Kazz and her mum, just shows what a good life he has now.
Son text last night, don't think things are going to get sorted to be brutally honest, trying to be positive with him, but its not going well. He is very involved in lots of things, his music, he plays board and online games with friends and usually he is into his job, but of course that is not a good situation at present for him. His gf doesn't seem to have any interests as such, and I said to him to try and find out what she is into, answer came back last night, walking, but she doesn't see that there is a problem in that quarter. He agrees with what I said, he is not there to entertain her is he. He has listened to me and has agreed to see a counseller and hoping that opens some doors for him and gives him an insight in how he can deal with the situation whichever way it turns. We got a really good chance to talk in the car yesterday, which I was hoping would happen and he did unload himself to me, which I am thinking would have been good for him as he is holding it in mainly.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >