View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-06-2017, 12:10 PM
We could get a survey done. Not sure if the lender of the buyer would recognise it though. They would possibly still want a survey even if only for valuation purposes done on their behalf so we would be wasting our money in that regards I think.
Whenever we have bought houses and needed a mortgage the lender sets up a survey at your expense to make sure the house would get the money back they lend on it if you cannot repay in the future. Then there are different grades of survey going up in price.
Most lenders are satisfied with a valuation mortgage.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

16-06-2017, 12:21 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
not getting excited here or at least trying not to. Just a teensy bit of excitement but stopping myself from going overboard.
Yes know the feeling and yes one does have to keep control still, as others have said, it would be perfect for you if they can go ahead. Expect it will take some time to get it all sorted. In the mean time I will resist sending you 'nice looking properties' that I might see on Rightmove

Had a pleasant surprise just now as the guy who took Ralph posted here last night. When we went to pick up Lara we took him up to the NNC Welfare place, my wife was talking about keeping him but he had already been allocated to Steve.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-06-2017, 12:29 PM
Oooh Harvey that is so lovely you know where he is and have now got contact. When it was posted I thought of you straight away, but thought it would be too much of a coincidence!!
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2017, 12:46 PM
Awwww Harvey, that is brilliant, so lovely to know he is ok
Ahh Lynn, never bought a house so no idea how much a survey costs
Dads car couldn't have the mot finished because of a coolant leak...they didn't want to damage the car...fair enough, he wasn't happy! i have just got him a brand new radiator for £50!! not bad for a 3.0 bmw Lol...if anyone needs anything for their car, eurocarparts are giving 35% off online orders for fathers day! i ordered online and collecting at the store...still got the discount Lol..next task was a mobile mechanic as i am really not up to grovelling round on the floor under a teeny tiny car..first guy too busy, he recommended a chap and he is coming either sunday or monday..yay, that's my good deed for the day
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-06-2017, 02:43 PM
Glad son opened up June. shame things may not work out after all.
That is nice Harvey that Steve has posted.
griff to be honest I have no idea how much a survey costs now. More than we would want to pay unless buying.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-06-2017, 03:59 PM
Max with a new friend....

brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2017, 04:50 PM
Poor dog having to wear that harness when playing. Could be a problem. Still Max looked happy.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-06-2017, 05:09 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Poor dog having to wear that harness when playing. Could be a problem. Still Max looked happy.
Max is so good with other dogs. Others want to play and I sometimes convince owners to let them off the lead. They worry about there dog scarpering off into the distance but as long as they engage with Max a simple command to Max gets them back.

It's worked a treat several times with local dogs that take take no heed of their owner.Max brings them home.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

16-06-2017, 05:16 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
thought it would be too much of a coincidence!!
yes sometimes coincidences do happen, NNC Welfare had already agreed to take him but they couldn't find anyone to collect him and take him up to Stafford area. We were planning on picking up Lara in 10 days, as soon as the people 'dumping' him had our telephone number they rushed over, couldn't wait to get rid I was out walking Casey, when I got back my wife said she hopes never to meet anyone like them again So we ended up looking after him for a short time, a lovely youngish dog full of life and we couldn't see how anyone could get rid of him.

But as we all know on here there are some terrible people in this world and a dog to them is just like a washing machine or a telly, slightest problem and just get a new one
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2017, 05:26 PM
Wish I knew how to upload pics. Just taken one of Tyto fast asleep sprawled on the carpet just in front of me. Flat out. Bless him. Just love him to bits.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >