Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

13-06-2017, 05:25 PM
Originally Posted by Besoeker View Post
Problem with illegal dirt bikers here.
I wrestled one to the ground after he tried to have a go at my dog. The bastard bit my arm and drew blood. If I'd had the presence of mind I should have told him I have aids.
OMG that's awful, who do they think they are and to have a go at your dog is just despicable.

I met someone on Knettishall Heath who told me a similar story 'tho I think he said it wasn't physical. He had a big argument with them.

I (once) saw a Police car parked up near one of the tracks which are reserved for dog walkers. I think they may have been on the look out for these hooligans.

Also while driving back from Knettishall nearly hit one who came out of a dirt track on the right without looking, they are idiots and a danger to every one who just wants a peaceful walk in the country.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-06-2017, 05:37 PM
We do have them here, and had a couple of close calls with some of them, I have to say that the majority of them do slow down and stop when they see us, have had horrendous near misses with cyclists though and they have a self righteous attitude that makes me want to stick my foot out and send them flying off their bikes. Lots of horses around here, and it only needs one to spook a horse and death could be the result
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2017, 06:02 PM
Thanks for the hay fever tips ladies.I will be giving all of them agoIt's the stinging eyes that are the worstSarah says I look like I've been beat up:lol
KAZZ,hard day for youHappy Birthday to your dad xxSo sorry about your friendAll you seem to hear nowadays isn't it?(( hugs))she'll be glad of your friendship,more than ever now.
LYNN,poor GillCan't she maybe get some of those build up drinks(forget the name) Mum,took them,bless her,one a day was all she could manage in the end
TWIX,send OH down the chippy for a fish supper and you put your feet up
TW,anymore custard doughnuts??
Really clammy hereCould walk around naked if you were that way inclined,or your name was GRIFF
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2017, 06:28 PM
Well my car goes in for its MOT tomorrow, just pray it goes through ok. I figure I only have one more year of driving so it she will see me through it it will be brilliant Have a good evening all I am about to turn in for the night, God bless;
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2017, 06:32 PM
Jeez Besoeker, that's awful...hope you are o.k
Lacey..you can get those prong things that go up your nose that help a bit...just don't do it in company lol
TW, know the feeling of fearing another vet bill
Took the dogs out..both worn out....as am I lol
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-06-2017, 06:56 PM
Eileen, have you tried the eye drops for hay fever, I do suffer from it and even with the tablets my eyes are running sometimes and I find the eye drops help a lot. Used to drink nettle tea all the time Griff, many many years of sat at a desk would not have been good drinking non stop cups of tea, so I went on the nettle tea, got a taste for it eventually and not been back on ordinary tea that long.
Got everything crossed for the MOT Moyra, I think if its cost you a fortune one year, then the next year seems to be cheaper. So you should be OK, especially as you hardly drive these days.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2017, 07:12 PM
Good luck MOYRA.
Eye drops I have TW.Feel alot better,had another little napMust remember to get the non drowsy tabs next time,these things knock you out
Thanks GRIFFwill have a look at them
Watching episodes of Luther,I'm addicted now
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-06-2017, 07:28 PM
Besoeker, that's terrible. Time to carry a walking stick perhaps! It needs reporting for sure.
Griff I have toyed with the idea of a trainee. The young girl that did my hair had white (dyed) blonde hair herself and must've thought I wanted the same even though I told her most of my hair highlights had been bleached by the sun so not how it looked normally.
Lacey couldn't get fish n chips so settled for a little salad with a sausage on top (bit random).
I've seen a lot written here about CBD oil. Do you think it'd be any good for my gammy knee? Is it taken orally or applied topically?
Going to be hot tomorrow (apparently). Might have to bare my legs so if there's an eclipse you'll know why lol.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2017, 07:40 PM
Sausage salad..perfect TWIXI'd leave out the sausage thoughOh hope its hot here tomorrowam off to check
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-06-2017, 08:04 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Jeez Besoeker, that's awful...hope you are o.k
I'm thanks. And all who wished me and my dog well. We are.

Possibly foolish of me to tackle the biker - him 17 maybe and me 71. But I just feel so strongly about it the wasn't a "do dothing" option.
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >