Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-06-2017, 11:50 AM
Ha ha Kazz I wish.
We are conservatory sorting today packing away some cupboards that got moved out there to the storage box now Marks stuff has gone moving stuff around and having a general clean and de-clutter out there.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-06-2017, 12:41 PM
Rain stopped as I went out for the shavings, came back and got the girls out. Both walks into the woods and back along the fence by the railway track. So they've all had a good sniff, squirrel chase and roll. Sopping wet, no use even trying to tidy them up and have left them for the day. Shavings now in the loft in the Big House, took the opportunity to take the heat lamps and safety lights out of it while there was empty space to work with. They're all settled with a bone,on dry beds and half dozing.
Zens leg is healing up really well now, bathed it with boiled salt water when we came in and then a drop of CB oil on it. I'll put Bob Grass ointment on it at tea time. There is still a slight limp, but walking her in the woods rather than playing ball on the field where she is susceptible to handbrake turns, wheelies and emergency stops isn't doing her much good, coupled with jumping the half doors its amazing its even healed at all actually
Washers on, I've got a brew and a butty and staying where I am for a while as lifting 3 bales of shavings above my head into the loft was a bit of a strain, its done now.Pray for fine weather so I don't have to do it for a while now.
Glad Tyto's OK, Brenda and no ill effects from his slip
You must be so worried Lynn, have you actually spoken to her yet.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-06-2017, 01:22 PM
Glad Zens leg is healing June.
Spoken to Gill twice this week. She rang Dr Wednesday to say she missed appointment due to being to ill to attend hospital day before. She was told nothing they could do probably the cancer as the pills that made her so ill would be out of her system now. Best they could do was a prescription for anti sickness pills.
Peter got those for her she was miffed because Peter is talking to me via email. I explained she tells me so little and through him I learn more. I do get her point though that in her opinion if she doesn't talk about it and the seriousness of it she can mentally make herself well enough for more treatment.
I also pointed out maybe Peter needs someone to talk to she suggested he talk to his sister. Her and Gill no love lost there so as per Gill who wants to know nothing about his sister the same may apply the other way round to.
Anyway all sorted and friends still.
She did ring me to say she ate a whole scone later Wednesday and kept it down but the jelly she made which she really fancied for tea didn't go down as well.
She is doing little bits round the house. Is also pinning all her hopes that in 6 weeks when she goes back to the hospital the anti sickness tablets will of helped to be able to eat more give her strength so they will offer her radiotherapy.
I will pop over soon we will take a slow stroll round a nursery she can't manage far at the moment and if she doesn't fancy lunch fine we will just have a drink.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-06-2017, 02:08 PM
Poor Gill, she is almost distancing herself from all around her that could possibly give some sort of support. I understand that Peter will be desperately needing someone to talk to as well, and maybe not his sister either. Is there a support group he could contact perhaps to help him help her. Even though she is acting as though she doesn't want it,she must deep down inside want some sort of release, its all building up inside her and thats not good.
Eating a scone is not really going to give her much nourishment is it, do the hospital know whats really going on, or what she chooses to tell them.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-06-2017, 02:23 PM
To be honest I think they know June.
Gorden said if it is only time now then surely they should of re-arranged the appointment for a quicker time to at least tell her that.
She is hanging on by a thread with it and in her head eating just a little is going to be enough to give her strength over 6 weeks. I suppose if that's how she deals with it we have to respect it.
Can't imagine there is going to be a miracle offer of anymore treatment to be honest it will be 3 months by then with no treatment at all.
Peter said she fancied fish and chips the other evening so he went and got her some for tea she couldn't eat them so Maidie had a fish and chip supper.
Support to Gill is admitting how ill she is and she isn't ready to admit or accept it.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2017, 02:43 PM
Popping on as I'm off to work shortly, just finishing a cup of tea
Lynn sending hugs, it must be so tough for you all.
TW glad Zen's leg is healing. Rosie is a bit like that with a ball lol
Jean has to keep the brace on for another 4 weeks, she's doing great & the consultant is really happy with her, he's told her not to rush lol
Not feeling work anyone fancy doing my shift?? Please
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-06-2017, 03:14 PM
I think it is about her admitting it to herself, Lynn. She nees some sort of counselling to enable her to let go, and thats something I can't even imagine actually.
Mandy, having a nice afternoon listening to Native American music. Could Rosie go for you perhaps
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2017, 07:07 PM
Lynn, nothing really to say except Hugs and the people i would suggest for Peter and Gill when she feels ready would be macmillan, marie curie or the samaritans...sometimes an anonymous voice at the end of the phone is easier than dealing with somebody personal and face to face
TW, pleased you got the girls out and all returned unscathed and you got shavings too
Kazz, i think Staffies just like to have a sulk sometimes Lol
gutted, lawnmower died today, had a quick fiddle but i don't have the energy to take it to bits..plus nowhere to do it and i can't see mum being pleased if i use her kitchen Lol..so new mower on the cards
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-06-2017, 07:15 PM
I think Peter would talk to someone but Gill won't.
Samaritans are good gorden use to volunteer for them. It's difficult for Peter as Gill is around all the time.

Conservatory done sofa bed out there now which Dillon likes he goes and lays on it. Never did when it was in the house. We are whacked now. Quite a few dump runs on the cards possibly starting tomorrow.
Gorden gone to get scampi and chips from the chippy probably a guiness each or a glass or two of red.
Then a much needed shower.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2017, 07:31 PM
Mandy, hope your shift goes well
Lynn...do they have a dog?? could he make a call whilst out with the dog??
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >