View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-06-2017, 04:29 PM
Grrr just caught up with everyone and post has gone awol.
Lynn, hope Gill can be made more comfortable. Our local GP went above and beyond when a friend of mine had liver cancer which I'm sure was a comfort to her.
June I hope you don't have to cope with many more bags of soggy shavings. Still blowing a hooley here but rain has stopped at last. Some poor chap has been killed by a falling tree though.
Griff I use Wood Lock Oil (from a Chinese shop) for my dodgy knee. You can get it on Amazon.
Glad you have recovered Moyra. My go-to is slippery Elm capsules for the trots and other stomach troubles. I've got a crispy duck & pancakes in the fridge but darent cook it for OH & his diverticulitis. I got some fish for him but in my haste to buy mistook 'gutted' for 'deboned'. I HATE eating fish with bones so will have to see how it goes.
Sue I hope all your 'techy' shopping went well. Currently my phone isn't behaving and the printer is erratic. Annoying as I need to print out stuff for a solicitors.
Hairdresser visit went ok-ish. She put in a lot more foils than my previous lady so I'm looking a lot blonder. Would be ok if I had the tan to go with it. The price was a bit hair raising but I know I'm out of touch, not having been to a salon for 10+ years. OH could only criticise the cut saying the bottom was 'too straight - like a threepenny bit' ????? WTF?? As I only ever scrape it back into a ponytail I'm not that bovvered!!
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2017, 05:04 PM
Hope it stays dry for you tomorrow June then you will have less work to do. By Thursday your bedroom should be fully painted yes?

Hope you feel better in the morning Moyra

Pleased the haircut wen okish Twix but then it is always difficult when a new person does it. I had my old hairdresser well trained but getting there with my new one

Hope Gill will be feeling better tomorrow Lynn

Tech shopping went ok in the end. Still have not got a phone for myself as I really like iPhones but can I really justify the price? My son has got his computer after a lot of faffing around. He bought it from Currys but when we first went in they said they no longer have the forms so that he can reclaim the vat back when he goes home. He rang head office and they said yes we do go back and if a problem tell them to ring us. Funnily enough second time and a bit of a search they found them Mind you the chap who served us this time was not the same one and he was very helpful and nothing was too much of a problem. We now have to go to Bolton on Thursday to go to a computer place there to pick up bits for the desk top computer he is wanting to build once he gets back. So a long journey of about 12hours return. He was going on his own but I am now going with him to share the driving.

Off to Brighton shortly to take him to my other son and then pick him up tomorrow evening. Sons who would have them but then we wouldn't be without them
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2017, 05:17 PM
Twix, if you have time to spare, try your local training school...my cousin is training and said she would take me from dark brown to blonde for about a fiver!!!
Moyra, hope you sleep well
Sue, i have a lumia...it's my second one and i find them brilliant
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2017, 05:19 PM
Afternoon all.

Been to the doctors and agreed 6 weeks altered hours phased return for 6 weeks......Yeah......mind you the Doctor did say most people are trying to get off work not swimming against the tide to get back.....LOL

Took the hoe out in between showers and got rid of the "weeds" overgrown grass down the walkway next to the house. Looks tons better My two neighbours have swept the cul de sac road mostly the blossom/flowers from the trees with this wet weather it sort of sticks together and becomes like a dam for stopping the rubbish. So a happy road.

Heavy rain here today.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-06-2017, 05:54 PM
Sue, I'm in Bolton, is there anything I can do, or do you have to go in person
Twix, hair sounds lovely. Can't remember the last time I went to the hairdressers,when my eldest son stole all that money from me I was virtually destitute, if it hadn't been for youngest son and friends I don't know what I would have done otherwise. Anyhow, hairdo's could not even be thought of, never mind colour, so I am a Silver Surfer nowadays and my hair is getting down to my waist, always been long anyway, I trim it with nail scissors or kitchen scissors every so often
Friend rang with the latest of the GTech Saga. She has spoken to the shopping channel (premium rate at some stupid price) they have refused to do anything really until the machine arrives back with them. She had opted to pay on 3 instalments, so they have had one, and won't give it back, BUT she has to pay another instalment before they will send another one out. Apparently she will get it back in about 2 weeks She is raging
Not raining here at the moment, beds are dry, I checked when I did teas, everyone seems fine. Have checked Zens leg and it is looking better than it was. With the weather being bad the half door hasn't been available for her to leap, some good had to come out of it I suppose. Am keeping up the bathing with salt water,putting the CBD oil on after, then Bob Grass ointment at tea time. Something is working, not sure what, but its healing up and thats the main thing.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2017, 07:03 PM
Hello
Happy Birthday Kofieawww,love birthdays
Must answer some of yesterday comments first,sorry I'm a toolbox!
TW,the move is still a work in progress,they have a meeting with solicitor on Thursday to sign final papersIn the meantime the estate agent is still asking for statements and now wants a letter from Sarah's employerbit late in the day for that methinksA mortgage offer was made ages ago nowShe thought all paperwork was sorted but apparently notShe's panicking about the whole temporary post thing,thinks it could come back and bite her on the buttBleedin serious messing aboutHopefully all will be sorted.
Regarding the hobbitsIts hard work,no doubt but great fun,even shopping with them
LYNN,that's shocking that Gill doesn't get another appointment till the 18th of JulyHardly her fault that she was feeling poorlie and had to cancelReally is unbelievable
I have the next 2 days offLove when that happensGives it to rain of course and I'm starting to lose Lacey in the grassDefo not a garden day
Need to pop down to mum's for a bit.Will pop in later
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

06-06-2017, 08:44 PM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
the squirrels had tossed to the ground. They are getting more idea as to how to get their feed. Trouble is it wasn't so bad when it was just the mum now the whole family of squirrels are at it. What do you do to deter them they are just not scared of us or of Amber they just carry on.
Hi Moyra, not often we are on here at the same time. Not sure what you could do, they are very clever creatures but definitely a pest. Have you looked for traps as far as I recall you can buy them but having to handle dead squirrels might not be nice.

Are you still looking for rented property There have been a number of places around here which were 'for sale' and are now being offered for rent so there supply of rented properties seems to be increasing. Good for you if you are looking.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2017, 08:56 PM
Thanks Harvey just got up again and thought I would catch up. I had another set to with Steve tonight about him taking over the whole lounge and dining room. He just tells me that I spend my time in here which is my bedroom on the pc so why should I worry and I told him because I miss entertaining friends in the living room. He told me it was his home as much as mine and I had to remind him that the landlady had said he could stay as a GUEST! He did not think much of that. Hence the work on the fish tank that has been going on for so long in the lounge has come to another halt.
I am still interested in moving to Suffolk and do keep looking on the internet but am thinking maybe I should be considering a single occupancy! He is 54 years old I should not have to worry about his housing and I think it is time he found somewhere and hopefully someone of his own.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2017, 08:59 PM
Sorry Harvey, I forgot to say the squirrels although being pests are quite entertaining and there is plenty food out there for both birds and them, just don't like it if they knock the feeders down to get at the food!.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

06-06-2017, 09:04 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Friend rang with the latest of the GTech Saga. She has spoken to the shopping channel (premium rate at some stupid price) they have refused to do anything really until the machine arrives back with them. She had opted to pay on 3 instalments, so they have had one, and won't give it back, BUT she has to pay another instalment before they will send another one out. Apparently she will get it back in about 2 weeks She is raging
Hi June, have been most interested in this saga of your friend and believe me I can imagine how she feels. As it happens I've seen that advert on TV and it sounds like a good deal but when things go wrong and the supplier is just some annonymous voice at the end of a very expensive phone line then suddenly it's not so enticing. I had thought about ordering from them but not going to now.

To be honest the good old fashioned way where you go into shop, find what you want, hand over folding stuff, and walk out, has advantages The supplier doesn't know your name address or anything about you, he doesn't have your card details (So the database can't be hacked into ) and you've got the goods in your hand. Yes, it IS a big advantage to be able to buy stuff on line which would never be in a local shop but I am more and more worried about the way it is easy for hackers to log into a firms database and steal information and subsequently use it.
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >