View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Feist
New Member!
Male 

12-06-2017, 04:11 PM
Sounds awful! Have you thought about putting your pup on probiotics? My youngest one has bathroom issues and they seemed to improve after putting her on probiotics! I give her Good Guts by Fidobiotics, you should check it out!

Here's a blog post about dealing with doggy diarrhea. [link removed]
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2017, 09:50 PM
Originally Posted by buddythedob View Post
He was on boiled chicken and rice before the diarrhea started. The vet suggested I give him rice and curd or lentils till she gets better. Yesterday I went to a different vet and he said I should stick to rice and curd for the time being at least till there is any definitive diagnosis.

Edit: Before the diarrhea i also used to give him boiled potatoes now and then as she is a fussy eater and she loves potatoes. Can that cause any problem?
Vets are not the best people to recommend a healthy diet for dogs - I personally feed raw, based on the theory of common sense - living in a wild state, dogs would be primarily carnivorous, eating raw meat, bones, offal, and anything they could scrounge in terms of carrion ... with a small amount of raw vegetation. I personally would never feed potato to any dog - far too high in complex carbohydrate. Rice is a better choice, but personally I do not feed my dog carbs - he is fed on raw meat, offal, bones and a small amount of raw and cooked vegetables.
buddythedob
New Member!
Male 

14-06-2017, 04:59 PM
yes, buddy is presently on probiotics as well as antiboitics and some medication for his liver and heart. she seems to be improving a bit. we will know better about her situation once the test results are back
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2