View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2016, 10:08 AM
Shadow is gorgeous too and I do think it is nice for dogs to have other dog company.

I currently have three dogs - 2 GSDs and 1 BC - and I lost my old GSD girl last October. My intention was to eventually get back to just having one dog at a time, as I love the one to one bond you get with a singleton (and my husband has ten working dogs, so mine would never be short of dog company). My border collie is now 14+ and my 8 year old GSD suffers from health issues, and so Zak (my working line) tends to be my main man who goes everywhere with me. However, Zak is to be used at stud next summer to a wonderful working line bitch and I just know I am not going to be able to say no to a pup, so my intention to have one at a time is likely to fly straight out of the window

Here she is

Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2016, 10:11 AM
Another thought, I have found that most of my GSDs over the years have preferred my company to that of other dogs. However, these two had the closest relationship and it really was a pleasure to witness.

CrazyDogLady
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-09-2016, 10:26 AM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
Another thought, I have found that most of my GSDs over the years have preferred my company to that of other dogs. However, these two had the closest relationship and it really was a pleasure to witness.

That's such a gorgeous picture, really captures pooch friendship ❤️
CrazyDogLady
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-09-2016, 10:28 AM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
Shadow is gorgeous too and I do think it is nice for dogs to have other dog company.

I currently have three dogs - 2 GSDs and 1 BC - and I lost my old GSD girl last October. My intention was to eventually get back to just having one dog at a time, as I love the one to one bond you get with a singleton (and my husband has ten working dogs, so mine would never be short of dog company). My border collie is now 14+ and my 8 year old GSD suffers from health issues, and so Zak (my working line) tends to be my main man who goes everywhere with me. However, Zak is to be used at stud next summer to a wonderful working line bitch and I just know I am not going to be able to say no to a pup, so my intention to have one at a time is likely to fly straight out of the window

Here she is

I'd have a hard time too! Wow. Now THAT is what I like to see GSD's doing. I'd love to try with Loki but setting up is a bit difficult as we have scurries set up just now and agility field getting sorted.... Not sure how much I can get off with here.

You'd have to keep at LEAST one 😜
CaroleC
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-09-2016, 01:29 PM
Fabulous pictures, both of you, thanks for posting them.
Moobli, that bitch is STUNNING!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2016, 04:52 PM
Originally Posted by CaroleC View Post
Fabulous pictures, both of you, thanks for posting them.
Moobli, that bitch is STUNNING!
Isn't she Carole? I can't wait to see what she and Zak produce
Bobble
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-09-2016, 01:00 PM
Lovely pics here

Why not get another GSD? - rescue's crying out for a home like yours!

A flat coated retriever would look great with Loki though!
CrazyDogLady
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-09-2016, 02:51 PM
Originally Posted by Bobble View Post
Lovely pics here

Why not get another GSD? - rescue's crying out for a home like yours!

A flat coated retriever would look great with Loki though!
Rescues won't give to me because of my son

I'd tried a lot but they just say the dogs are suitable for children under 8 (some say 5). We tried the GSD rescue Scotland some breeders wouldn't even sell because how young Harris is. I understand they have to be responsible but I had hope they'd evaluate us as individuals and see what a lovely home we could offer
CrazyDogLady
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-10-2016, 07:59 PM
Ok so after having reserved a puppy and said puppy sadly passing away we've been offered a Labrador (named Thor) who didn't make it as a gun dog. 1 year old (April 2015 DOB) very laid back and happy go lucky lab... Thoughts? He is owned by the kennels I started working at a month ago so Loki has met him and then seem to have got on well - sharing a pen to play whilst I dealt with other dogs.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2016, 12:15 PM
So sorry your pup died What breed was he?

I am sure Thor will love living with you and Loki What colour is he? Do you have any photos?
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >