Our sister sites
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2014, 07:22 AM

Mini ovens

see

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/p...592.htm#tabrev

there is a neff double convection oven here but i almost never use it because of the cost

would love to cook eg half a chicken or just a few scones or a tray bake
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-06-2014, 07:35 AM
Rosebud - I do not even have a "proper" cooker with an oven/grill/hobs as my kitchen is so small that I needed the space for more useful things.

But I do have a "mini oven" - called here a "toaster oven" - and a three burner gas hob which is all I need. I do not think I have used the mini oven more than twice but they really are not expensive to run.

If you want to be able to roast half a chicken, or a tray bake, or similar - you would probably be better off with a small Halogen Oven like

THIS

I have a 5 litre one which is plenty big enough for one person.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2014, 07:54 AM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Rosebud - I do not even have a "proper" cooker with an oven/grill/hobs as my kitchen is so small that I needed the space for more useful things.

But I do have a "mini oven" - called here a "toaster oven" - and a three burner gas hob which is all I need. I do not think I have used the mini oven more than twice but they really are not expensive to run.

If you want to be able to roast half a chicken, or a tray bake, or similar - you would probably be better off with a small Halogen Oven like

THIS

I have a 5 litre one which is plenty big enough for one person.
malka thanks. Cannot get that site up on my browser but they will cost more inevitably.

maybe just get myself really well organised for the small top oven here. baked muffins for the stall last year and the power cost was rather nasty

it is an excellent oven and the gas hob is great. vastly prefer gas cookers.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

01-06-2014, 08:22 AM
Check Halogen ovens on Amazon or anywhere. I know that make is sold on shopping channels but do not know if you can get those channels in Ireland.

AMAZON LINK

They cost £24.99 in the UK from Amazon but your small top oven should not cost much to run to just roast half a chicken.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2014, 08:26 AM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Check Halogen ovens on Amazon or anywhere. I know that make is sold on shopping channels but do not know if you can get those channels in Ireland.

AMAZON LINK

They cost £24.99 in the UK from Amazon but your small top oven should not cost much to run to just roast half a chicken.
great minds tihink alike

just seen this on argos

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/p...7C14418592.htm
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

01-06-2014, 09:07 AM
Too big Rose - you do not need one that size and would not be able to lift it as they are heavy. Trust me. I have just checked mine and it is actually only 3.5 litre not 5 litre but it is plenty big enough even for a whole chicken, but the glass container is all I can cope with lifting.

But on the other hand it is small enough if I get the silly cravings for oven chips!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2014, 09:15 AM
I had a couple of those De Longi small table top oven/grills, used to cook my lunch in it everyday, but when I blew the last one up I found they had stopped making them, so bought one from curry's which wasn't as good. The DeLonghi one was fan assisted and it did make a hiiige difference to the cooking.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2014, 11:31 AM
thanks; please see daily thread!
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2014, 07:31 AM
chatted to family and decided to go for the halogen i referred to

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/store...oductId=279710

a great price and someone i know sends money for my birthday

they have one in canada and it is great.

easier than having to fill the top oven, given my advancing decrepitude
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

03-06-2014, 07:43 AM
Enjoy! Two things to remember - do not put the lid down on a stone surface - I put mine down on a wooden chopping board. Second thing - those glass containers are very heavy.

The one I originally bought had a mistake in the size - it said it was a 5 litre but turned out to be a 15 litre so it went back as I could not lift the thing! I do have a lid holder for when I take it off but am always worried as it wobbles, hence putting it down on the wooden board. I also have a ring extension that sits on the top under the lid to make the capacity larger if necessary.

They are very useful things and I am happy with mine. But just because it is small enough for me to cope with and not too heavy!

So enjoy!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >