Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2014, 01:14 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Helena - do you have a wide screen monitor?

Check under "Control Panel" and then under "Edit Options", and at the bottom of the latter you will see

"Screen Size" where it says

and you will see "Wider" or "Normal".

Whatever you have checked, try changing it and see what happens.

I do not have a wide screen, my monitor being a 19" square screen, but I have it set for Dogsey on "Wider" and everything on Breedia comes out exactly the same as it does on Dogsey - ie absolutely normal.
#

Thanks Malka it was on *wider* which suits me as I do have a widescreen, but then I altered other things now everything is upside down to how I normally have it, cos I've changed the oldest first to the newest first - can't cope with that, I'm putting it back how it was Otherwise everything's back to front isn't it, I'm used to the oldest being on page one so I'm assuming I was on oldest first then, oh dear, I don't like change.....

What I don't understand is, I'm on here and got this script, but when I go into Breedia, I get a much nicer script on there When I copy and paste a bit back onto this, it appears as it always does on Dogsey, and not like I see it on Breedia, so just wondered if the script really IS different on Breedia?

I'll be ok, don't worry about me, I have these funny moments sometimes
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-02-2014, 01:24 PM
Helena - first of all STOP PANICKING.

Go back into your Control Panel and READ what it says. And just follow the instructions under each section and BINGO - well, if I can do it I am certain that you can.

Just breathe - relax - go into your Control panel - breathe and relax again...

...and then do what it tells you to do according to what you want it to do.

Trust me - it works.

On the other hand, why would you trust a computer illiterate such as I?
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2014, 01:30 PM
I've changed it all back to what I consider normal now, because normal suits me well

Is there a default script on Dogsey and what is it then please? I know I can change it anytime I like for a post I type by highlighting and going up into the fonts drop down, but, that won't last will it, for when I come to do my next post somewhere else. It looks a bit like Tahoma on here but not on Breedia, for me, it doesn't, it's far nicer.

I will work this out somehow.....
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

19-02-2014, 01:43 PM
Helena - please do not ask me - after all I am totally computer illiterate...
...but somehow I get things to work for me.

Sometimes...
Carole
Supervisor

19-02-2014, 01:54 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
I've changed it all back to what I consider normal now, because normal suits me well

Is there a default script on Dogsey and what is it then please? I know I can change it anytime I like for a post I type by highlighting and going up into the fonts drop down, but, that won't last will it, for when I come to do my next post somewhere else. It looks a bit like Tahoma on here but not on Breedia, for me, it doesn't, it's far nicer.

I will work this out somehow.....
The default Dogsey font and Breedia fonts are different. Hopefully when we move Dogsey onto the new software we can have the same font as Breedia. I think when testing the new forum software a lot of us liked it.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2014, 04:51 PM
Thanks Carole, I knew I'd get to the bottom of it somehow, seems my eyes were not deceiving me then afterall! Nothing gets passed me ya know Much appreciated Carole, I hope one day we get our new Dogsey with the lovely new script then
Azz
Administrator
Male 

19-02-2014, 05:17 PM
Ok guys, well the first batch of emails have been sent out - and it's brilliant seeing lots of new (and old) faces logging and posting

Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Hi Azz, I tried posting a bit of it but it comes up the same as it is on here, i.e. short and fat (don't really know what your default script is on here Azz), but on Breedia it's so much nicer, it's longer and thinner LOL (one me Azz, only me ) Maybe it's the layout that makes it look so much nicer, but I'm sure you're using a different script?

I know, if I ask whether the default script on Breedia is different than the default script on Dogsey, then I will know it is me who has chosen this stumpy script for the past ten years and not you! Shall I put a link up of the page I was looking at to make this discovery?
Yeah as Ca has said, we are using different fonts (Breedia's are not available on Dogsey) if we move Dogsey to the same platform then we can have a custom font as well

Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
Is it me or are all the avatars fuzzy?
Yep as Anne mentioned the avatars appear fuzzy because they are the small ones from here being 'stretched'. uploading a new one should show nice and shiny
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

19-02-2014, 06:05 PM
Azz - a minor problem and I am not sure if this is the correct place to mention it, but http://www.breedia.com/ has a favicon [as does http://www.dogsey.com/] but http://www.forum.breedia.com/ does not have a favicon.

It looks a wee bit naked without a favicon...
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2014, 06:48 PM
Azz, I know I'm fick but my email says, it's from "contact@dogsey No subject"........ and thats it. No message no nuffink. Are they all like that?
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2014, 06:52 PM
Jen, I got the same e-mail too, with nuffink on it, but I just deleted it lol! I chuck everything in the bin that doesn't make sense lol!
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >