Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2006, 02:24 PM

Wanting to move to Canada.... help....

I am thinking of moving to Canada with my family after i finish my masters and really would like some help about local stuff. I have no idea which is the best part and was wondering if anyone here knows anything to help. I do not want to live in a big town but i would need to be near to one for business, I know all about the laws and stuff but really don't know much about where in Canada i would like to live. Any help would be great
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2006, 02:39 PM
i adore BC - British Columbia west coast. Vancouver is probably one of my favourite cities and its where i would choose if I didnt live in scotland. Its beautiful , close to the ocean, close to the mountains, has beautiful scenery and you can day trip many places from there.

I also love Vancouver Island and the gulf islands....

oohhh in fact can i come too????

vancouver is a big town though - so if you wanted smaller places then vancouver island would be better or the north shore of vancouver
Zetacharlie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2006, 02:47 PM
Yep I agree- Vancouver Island.....-my brother lived there for 8 years and loved it- no snow- a lot of Brits live in BC because of the temperate climate he moved back to east coast Canada with tons of snow and wishes he hadn't
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2006, 02:48 PM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
oohhh in fact can i come too????

vancouver is a big town though - so if you wanted smaller places then vancouver island would be better or the north shore of vancouver
Yes you can come

Vancouver Island you say, i will look into that, thanks
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2006, 04:02 PM
Jackie (Wufflehoond) is probably a good bet for a particularly informative answer as she's a native. We tried to emigrate there in 1989 and were refused. Says it all about me really...... - they said we could only move there if we would be taking jobs that no Canadian would want. Seemed like an excuse to me, as surely there's no such thing,,,,,