Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2006, 10:56 AM
Originally Posted by Mel
Never open anything sent from an address that you don't know Foxy They are often virus or trojan ridden *hug* Hope your PC gets better soon

Thanks Mel - although I did see the persons name that I knew so I thought it would be okay - I never gave it a second thought to be honest - I have well and truly learned my lesson now
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2006, 11:02 AM
Originally Posted by Foxy
No he means Laura my daughter Mys - Lozzy on here
Ohhh..Well I just found Laura K's (Luz) address and warned her anyway...Hopefully she just wont have gotten it in the first place then
Thanks Foxy
Mel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2006, 12:42 PM
Thanks Mel - although I did see the persons name that I knew so I thought it would be okay - I never gave it a second thought to be honest - I have well and truly learned my lesson now
Foxy, don;t feel bad ..I think most people have done it at some point ..I know I did many years ago
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2006, 12:46 PM
Originally Posted by Mel
Foxy, don;t feel bad ..I think most people have done it at some point ..I know I did many years ago

Thanks Mel My computer seems to be running well again now but I don't know if there is anything lurking anywhere waiting to pounce when I least expect it
rob
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-04-2006, 12:55 PM
Thanks Mel My computer seems to be running well again now but I don't know if there is anything lurking anywhere waiting to pounce when I least expect it
that'll be me or Shady Foxy
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2006, 01:01 PM
just to say guys I think its going about as I just got one from a client - so must be the latest virus - just deleted it straight away as didnt look right - so be ver y wary about any emails that you are getting and not just from people you dont know

dani
Dalmonda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-04-2006, 01:33 PM
i recieved the exact same email about 2 minutes ago stupidly clicked on the link but no problems as yet, although the email was sent by a dogwebber!!!!!!!!! (probably perfectly innocent but im worried lol)
Het
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2006, 01:38 PM
i received the email and opened it but didn't click on the link....am I ok?
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2006, 01:54 PM
Originally Posted by Het
i received the email and opened it but didn't click on the link....am I ok?

If you didn't download the codec that it asked you to download (like this idiot did) then you will be okay Het. The virus was contained in the downloading of the codec.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2006, 01:55 PM
Originally Posted by SpottyDogsRule
i recieved the exact same email about 2 minutes ago stupidly clicked on the link but no problems as yet, although the email was sent by a dogwebber!!!!!!!!! (probably perfectly innocent but im worried lol)

Did you download the codec? Cos if not you will be okay - if you did then you will have seen the 'video' and have the virus.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >