Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2006, 11:20 AM
Originally Posted by Steve
Cheers Foxy!

I have a thing on my phone that is meant to block all 090 numbers after I once got caught up in an internet scam IQ test that was meant to be free and then I ended up getting charged £60 for the pleasure I didn't even realise it had dialled another number - thats how sneaky these people are
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-04-2006, 11:26 AM
Originally Posted by Foxy
I have a thing on my phone that is meant to block all 090 numbers after I once got caught up in an internet scam IQ test that was meant to be free and then I ended up getting charged £60 for the pleasure I didn't even realise it had dialled another number - thats how sneaky these people are
Unfortunately Foxy,there are people out there who have no morals and dont care who they hurt-provided they line their own pockets. Im always sceptical with any sort of mail whether its electronic or paper and if the offers too good to be true-it is.Your one though is everso sneaky cause people are naturally curious and will want to know what the 'parcel' is so ring and get charged a fortune.

You would have though the goverment would be doing something about this sort of thing as they are always warning peeps not to open the door to strangers who have no ID.This is just another form of extracting money from those who can ill afford it.
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2006, 12:33 PM
Thanks - I have passed it on to my email contacts.
galty
Dogsey Senior
Male 

08-04-2006, 04:09 PM
This scam has been shut down.

I think it will rear its ugly head again soon in another form.

http://www.hoax-slayer.com/pds-phone-scam.html
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2