Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2012, 12:35 PM

WARNING - PayPal Scam

Received an email from "Paypal" saying that £43.85 had been taken out of my Paypal account for SkypeoNl quarterly subscription. It gave details at the bottom of the email where to contact if I had not authorised payment - I admit I was stupid and clicked on the link which took me to my paypal account and I signed on - no such payment had been made.

Immediately it dawned on me that it was probably a scam to get my details. I signed out of PayPal and went into my my paypal account through eBay and changed my password.

The blessing is I had / have very little in my PayPal account, am in process of transferring money from the bank at present - this takes 5-7 days. I never keep much in Paypal or in this particular Bank Account which, is a blessing.

Just a warning for others to beware. You get peace from these types of emails for a while and then they start again & take you unawares
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2012, 02:18 PM
Sneaky little devils. Thanks for the warning Helen xx
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2012, 02:29 PM
Ebay sent a message through ebay about this also they said that invoices are being sent to peoples email telling them that money for a item (they have just bought) hasn't been paid so can you send again.....some people where doing so.

Ebay suggests that if you have anything which reads Paypal or Ebay you sign into Ebay itself and look under ''messages'' if nothing is there then its a scam....trying to get you passwords/money/fraud etc
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2012, 02:42 PM
Had loads of these type of emails.

We always double-check by going to the ebay/paypal account direct just be be sure and delete the email without clicking on any links

Also get the usual bank ones and the latest is DFS (transport company) about a parcel.

There are just so many scammers out there at the moment.

Rule of thumb - never trust any email about anything that requires you to click a link or give any personal/financial details.
Lulusmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-04-2012, 03:10 PM
I have had a couple from DFS and if I get another from Santander about my account I will scream I dont even have a bl***y Santander account.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2012, 03:14 PM
Same here, always HSBC with me whereas it used to be Paypal, or Lloyds and I don't have accounts with any of those. I can't understand those UPS ones either Chris, that was a new one until a couple of months ago but now it's another regular

I hope all your money is safe anyway Helen.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2012, 03:56 PM
Thankfully everything appears ok. Think it was just lucky that I realised so quickly & went in & changed my password.