Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2009, 10:53 AM

Setters are numpties!

Following on from setters being norty counter surfers and thieves!

Well two of mine are notorious ones - Connor and Angus - I know never to leave anything out but they always look just in case mum has forgotten.

Don't ask about OH and the kids who seem to be more forgetful.

Well Connor and Angus decided to check the lead box (kept on the side every day - contains leads/collars/pooh bags/torch etc. so when we go out its all in one place!) and then proceeded to eat the whistle - well chew it anyway - its now in two pieces and unuseable!

I despair of those two sometimes! I feel a conspiracy though from Charlie whose recall is testing my patience (always does at this time of year) and he has put another hurdle in place for him to ignore me!!!

Replacement ordered and on its way - do you think if I told them they weren't being walked as punishment it would work

What strange things have your doglets decided to chew?
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2009, 11:01 AM
Max has destroyed a bluetooth headset that was plugged in on charge in the kitchen... he looked really pleased with himself as well!

The worst thing was a pair of topiary shears (think old fashioned sheep shearing tool)... they were in sealed plastic packaging with a blade guard on, in a padded jiffy post bag, in a carrier bag, on top of the microwave, which is on top of the kitchen worktop....

I came home from work and found him licking the open blades
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2009, 11:37 AM
Oh Rach...my setters have had all sorts of things over the years..many a time I returned home to find theyhad ransacked the bathroom and I had toilet roll and pot pourri draped all over the house

One of the funniest times is when I found a brand new pack of 4 kitchen rolls had been taken through the dog flap and into the garden where they had been shredded. Upon finding the evidence I asked in a very shrill voice as to who the culprit was...no one owned up but Bailey was grinning at me and had shreds of kitchen towel hanging from between his teeth. How can you be angry when faced with something so adorable?

Thats the trouble though, isn't it? As much as we despair that they have had something they shouldn't, its either because we are at fault for leaving it within their reach...or their funny little faces when they've been caught just make our hearts melt.
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2009, 11:53 AM
Horrors!

Missy used to try and nab a tissue to chew, but I've taught her now she can't have anything unless I say "take it"
You should see her sit up and beg at the dining table for the piece of paper towel once we have finished our dinner

Every now and then I scrunch a piece up and place it on the edge of the table and tell her to take it - then she does and she is off shredding it somewhere
Suzi19
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-02-2009, 01:34 PM
Oh these posts do make me laugh. My boy is a terror - so far has managed to eat a telephone, the web cam, shredded 3 duvets and a rug. Has a thing about tissues (don't mind if they've been used either) and kitchen towel (can't leave it out cos he's big and can reach the work surfaces in the kitchen). It's like having a naughty 2 yr old - have to hide everything!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2009, 01:39 PM
My late Collie Meg, was all for the cardboard inside the toilet roll.

Whenever the tissue was nearering the end she'd sit underneath the holder.

I used to throw it away as I used to be the one picking up pieces of cardboard, but Pat used to give them to her it was something she loved and looked forward to from 8 weeks old right upto her 23rd year started by the kids when they were small
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2009, 01:47 PM
pml@ this thread, I have been blessed, I own rotts who never really seem to damage anything, apart from paper shredding and digging they aint bad...

ETA: kaos did bite the phone line when holly was in season, but I dont think he ment to do it, he was just trying to get behind the cage, as the wire was loose it got in his mouth, so cant really blame him for that one.
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2009, 01:47 PM
Originally Posted by IsoChick View Post
Max has destroyed a bluetooth headset that was plugged in on charge in the kitchen... he looked really pleased with himself as well!

The worst thing was a pair of topiary shears (think old fashioned sheep shearing tool)... they were in sealed plastic packaging with a blade guard on, in a padded jiffy post bag, in a carrier bag, on top of the microwave, which is on top of the kitchen worktop....

I came home from work and found him licking the open blades
EEEK - so its not just numpty setters then! Bet you wonder to this day how on earth his tongue was still in his mouth!

Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
Oh Rach...my setters have had all sorts of things over the years..many a time I returned home to find theyhad ransacked the bathroom and I had toilet roll and pot pourri draped all over the house

One of the funniest times is when I found a brand new pack of 4 kitchen rolls had been taken through the dog flap and into the garden where they had been shredded. Upon finding the evidence I asked in a very shrill voice as to who the culprit was...no one owned up but Bailey was grinning at me and had shreds of kitchen towel hanging from between his teeth. How can you be angry when faced with something so adorable?

Thats the trouble though, isn't it? As much as we despair that they have had something they shouldn't, its either because we are at fault for leaving it within their reach...or their funny little faces when they've been caught just make our hearts melt.
LOL at Bradley - caught out hey! Remember Max and Hamish destroying a feather pillow once - and looked as if neither had done it but the feathers in the mouth kind of gave it away!!

Oh yes - the innocent but I didn't mean to look - works every time!

Originally Posted by MissE View Post
Horrors!

Missy used to try and nab a tissue to chew, but I've taught her now she can't have anything unless I say "take it"
You should see her sit up and beg at the dining table for the piece of paper towel once we have finished our dinner

Every now and then I scrunch a piece up and place it on the edge of the table and tell her to take it - then she does and she is off shredding it somewhere
Wish it were as easy with my setters! They will try and look on the counters next to me !!! especially Angus - in our old house we only had lower cupboards and he was known to jump on them all four feet!

Originally Posted by Suzi19 View Post
Oh these posts do make me laugh. My boy is a terror - so far has managed to eat a telephone, the web cam, shredded 3 duvets and a rug. Has a thing about tissues (don't mind if they've been used either) and kitchen towel (can't leave it out cos he's big and can reach the work surfaces in the kitchen). It's like having a naughty 2 yr old - have to hide everything!
Not bad going so far then! Funny dogs and tissue isn't it! Kitchen towel another fave here too - if you forget - pay the price for picking up all those pieces!

Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
My late Collie Meg, was all for the cardboard inside the toilet roll.

Whenever the tissue was nearering the end she'd sit underneath the holder.

I used to throw it away as I used to be the one picking up pieces of cardboard, but Pat used to give them to her it was something she loved and looked forward to from 8 weeks old right upto her 23rd year started by the kids when they were small
Connor loves the inside of those too and when the kitchen foil is finished he enjoys destroying it to a pulp - and egg boxes!!!
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-02-2009, 02:00 PM
Came home one afternoon, to discover that Snorri-dog had got hold of my stereo headphones, and had totalled them

One day,he was in the porch and he stole a bag of tulip corms, and ate them. they were of a variety called "Giuseppe Verdi". That night, he nicked a boxed set of CDs - "La Traviata", by - Giuseppe Verdi. We managed to rescue the discs, but the box and the libretto booklet were destroyed!

Snorri
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2009, 02:41 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
pml@ this thread, I have been blessed, I own rotts who never really seem to damage anything, apart from paper shredding and digging they aint bad...

ETA: kaos did bite the phone line when holly was in season, but I dont think he ment to do it, he was just trying to get behind the cage, as the wire was loose it got in his mouth, so cant really blame him for that one.
Oh you show off you!!! One day Shona I will despatch one Gordon aka Horror to you - then you will know LOL!

Originally Posted by Snorri the Priest View Post
Came home one afternoon, to discover that Snorri-dog had got hold of my stereo headphones, and had totalled them

One day,he was in the porch and he stole a bag of tulip corms, and ate them. they were of a variety called "Giuseppe Verdi". That night, he nicked a boxed set of CDs - "La Traviata", by - Giuseppe Verdi. We managed to rescue the discs, but the box and the libretto booklet were destroyed!

Snorri
So what was his beef with Verdi I wonder!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >