Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2009, 07:59 PM

Wanted to share this with you

Hope you haven't already seen this, but I just got mailed it and I think it's rather lovely

There is a God in the Post Office. This is one of the kindest things I've ever experienced. I have no way to know who sent it, but there is a beautiful soul working in the dead letter office of the US postal service. Our 14 year old dog, Abbey, died last month. The day after she died, my 4 year old daughter Meredith was crying and talking about how much she missed Abbey. She asked if we could write a letter to God so that when Abbey got to heaven, God would recognize her. I told her that I thought we could so she dictated these words:

Dear God,

Will you please take care of my dog? She died yesterday and is with you in heaven. I miss her very much. I am happy that you let me have her as my dog even though she got sick.

I hope you will play with her. She likes to play with balls and to swim. I am sending a picture of her so when you see her. You will know that she is my dog. I really miss her.

Love, Meredith.

We put the letter in an envelope with a picture of Abbey and Meredith and addressed it to God/Heaven. We put our return address on it. Then Meredith pasted several stamps on the front of the envelope because she said it would take lots of stamps to get the letter all the way to heaven. That afternoon she dropped it into the letter box at the post office. A few days later, she asked if God had gotten the letter yet. I told her that I thought He had.

Yesterday, there was a package wrapped in gold paper on our front porch addressed, To Meredith in an unfamiliar hand. Meredith opened it. Inside was a book by Mr. Rogers called, 'When a Pet Dies.' Taped to the inside front cover was the letter we had written to God in its opened envelope. On the opposite page was the picture of Abbey & Meredith and this note:

Dear Meredith,

Abbey arrived safely in heaven.

Having the picture was a big help. I recognized Abbey right away.

Abbey isn't sick anymore. Her spirit is here with me just like it stays in your heart. Abbey loved being your dog. Since we don't need our bodies in heaven, I don't have any pockets to keep your picture in, so I am sending it back to you in this little book for you to keep and have something to remember Abbey by.

Thank you for the beautiful letter and thank your mother for helping you write it and sending it to me. What a wonderful mother you have. I picked her especially for you.

I send my blessings every day and remember that I love you very much.

By the way, I'm easy to find, I am wherever there is love.

Love,
God

Yep; made me cry too…

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2009, 08:17 PM
Aawww, no I'd never seen it before.
That is very sweet, it has brought a tear to my eye
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2009, 08:20 PM
How lovely, yep got me too!!
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2009, 08:26 PM
What a wonderful thing to do, bawling my eyes out reading that, there is hope for the human race after all
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2009, 12:47 PM
That's just gorgeous. x
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2009, 01:26 PM
that is so lovely.

sue

thanks for sharing
Gellygoo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2009, 10:04 PM
Only just seen this...............

blubbing here.
Angel44
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-01-2009, 11:12 PM
That is so beautiful, made me cry too. Thanks for sharing x
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2009, 10:20 PM
That brought tears to my eyes xx
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-01-2009, 10:44 AM
That is a lovely thing to have done, there are some good people out there.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >