Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lizdll
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2005, 09:41 PM

cold any ideas

i have managed to catch a cold quite a bad one (its my own fault havent looked after myself this week) anyway has anyone got any ideas or ways of helping it or getting rid of it quicker ? i cant take any medications for coughs or colds i can only take parcentamal which isnt really helping please if any1 any home redimedies
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2005, 09:43 PM
Have you got Vicks vapour rub?
lizdll
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2005, 09:45 PM
Originally Posted by maplecottage
Have you got Vicks vapour rub?
i havent no but i cant put it on my skin is there another way of using it
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2005, 09:48 PM
Originally Posted by lizdll
i have managed to catch a cold quite a bad one (its my own fault havent looked after myself this week) anyway has anyone got any ideas or ways of helping it or getting rid of it quicker ? i cant take any medications for coughs or colds i can only take parcentamal which isnt really helping please if any1 any home redimedies

I had a really bad one a few weeks ago and I just took paracetamol and had plenty of hot drinks of Ribena nice and soothing and loads of vitamin C Can you not take the cold relief capsules either
lizdll
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2005, 09:55 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy
I had a really bad one a few weeks ago and I just took paracetamol and had plenty of hot drinks of Ribena nice and soothing and loads of vitamin C Can you not take the cold relief capsules either
hi i been making hot quash + taking paracentmal thats about the only thing i can take. i am not allowed to take cold relief capsules i wish i could. but thanks for the ideas
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2005, 09:55 PM
You could inhale it by dissolving it into hot water and putting a towel over your head - it helps steam it out - but check first if it will have an strange effects on you - sorry I don't know your medical history and wouldn't want to recommend medical remedy.

It helps to drink alot of water - it helps flush it out - if your throat is itchy try sparkling water it does sooth the throat and is known to kill some of the bacteria that lingers in the mouth, apparently.

Make sure you are eating heartily even if you aren't hungry - lots of good wholesome vegetable soups, and try and get some vitamin c into you - oranges in particular. Or you could try warming some water and squeeze a bit of lemon into it
lizdll
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2005, 10:04 PM
Originally Posted by maplecottage
You could inhale it by dissolving it into hot water and putting a towel over your head - it helps steam it out - but check first if it will have an strange effects on you - sorry I don't know your medical history and wouldn't want to recommend medical remedy.

It helps to drink alot of water - it helps flush it out - if your throat is itchy try sparkling water it does sooth the throat and is known to kill some of the bacteria that lingers in the mouth, apparently.

Make sure you are eating heartily even if you aren't hungry - lots of good wholesome vegetable soups, and try and get some vitamin c into you - oranges in particular. Or you could try warming some water and squeeze a bit of lemon into it
thanks when my sister gets back tomorrow i will get her to go + check at the chemist+ see if i can use vicks. i think i wll try the sparkling water as well never thought of lemon in wam water that i will have thanks. i just wish my parents come back from there hoilday i dont seem to be coping that well. thanks for your help
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2005, 10:16 PM
Echinacea angustifolio is a native american herbal treatment that boosts the immune system. It must be Echinacea angustifolio & no other type

The dosage is 15-30 drops two to three times daily

Try this site
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-10-2005, 10:17 PM
Hi Liz .. There is no cure for a cold, like all viruses it has to run its course.

Researchers have found that large amounts of natural vitamin C can reduce the length of time you have a cold...so lots of lemon tea ( freshly squeezed lemon juice with honey and hot water) oranges, any fruit and of course kiwi fruit cut in half and eaten with a spoon..a rich source of vitamin c,
also take paracetamol to keep your temp down.
Hope you feel better soon..
Wish
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-10-2005, 10:47 PM
Hope you feel better soon, just snuggle uo with a hot water bottle and let it run its course, my two girls have been poorly this week with colds too, time of year i'm afraid. Get lots of rest, lots of fluid and chicken soup is supposed to be helpfull xx
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >