Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2010, 12:15 PM

Small breeds - first season question

I wondered how late everyone's bitch had their first season please? Am aiming this in particular at people with small breeds like Lola.

Lola is coming up 11 months and hasn't had hers yet. I know it can vary depending on size of breed (little ones usually having theirs earlier than larger breeds) and I know one of her sisters has already had hers at 9mths (don't know about the others in the litter).

When did your bitch have her first one?
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2010, 12:18 PM
My Karma didnt have her first season until she was 12months and went on to have a phantom!

Mums star didnt until she was 11months and then 10 days out of season came in again , Lyric was 10months and went on to have a slight phantom, Prada was 9months and went on to have a phantom .

we have never had one of our CC's have a season before 9months of age.

what we have found though, is the ones that have been near on a year or just under when starting there season, went on to have phantoms!
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2010, 12:22 PM
Oh hell - hope she doesn't!!

Thanks for the info

Thanks for that - when I heard her sister had hers at 9mths, I was like ohhh, is something up that she hasn't? Then again, I suppose it's like humans we all start our periods at different ages I guess!!
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2010, 12:26 PM
hahaha yes we do, mind the cresties seem to have weird hormons, speaking with a few other crestie breeders, they have some girls start really young and some really late, like 15months .. some go 6months between, some 9months..and for star 10 days
Maybe its just cresties although it could be said for alot of the small breeds? Dont worry anyway im sure she will be causing trouble soon..(our crestie girls howl, scream and anything else to get to a male)..
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2010, 03:16 PM
Oh the joys that await!!
KateM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-06-2010, 06:03 PM
With the vallhunds ( which i guess will be similar size/weight to a frenchie ) you'd expect a first season any time from 10 months onwards not starting to worry about it till you got to 18 months.

With the spitz (mittels - smaller and lighter than the valls) normally first season between 8 and 12 months
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2010, 06:28 PM
Thanks for the info - it's interesting how different time-scales their first seasons can be!
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2010, 05:31 PM
daphni didnt have her first season until 12 months, and she came in again 8 months later. hope that helps... nana's papillon didnt come in until she was 18 months and comes in every 7...