Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
firefox
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-06-2010, 06:13 AM

Has anyone tried Natural Instinct?

I read about in it Your Dog magazine, as an alternative to doing BARF yourself - they sell BARF food in a frozen form.

I was wondering about supplimenting his diet with it, maybe once or twice a week. I currently feed him chappie as it keeps his poo decent.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2010, 08:21 AM
Its excellent food, but pricey and only available in 1kg packs. Fine for larger dogs.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-06-2010, 08:50 AM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Its excellent food, but pricey and only available in 1kg packs. Fine for larger dogs.
I haven't really explored Natural Instinct but it looks excellent. 'Darling' is very similar, you give the details of your dog and the food is made up to order and I understand delivered fresh and it does come in 500g packets a months supply at a time...
''We produce the food in 500g packs and send them out to you freshly made for you to freeze on the day of delivery. For your Mini Schnauzer he/she would need to eat around 300g per day.''

It can then be split into daily portions for freezing
in Chloes case I would use a 500g pack over two days to allow for her extras of teeth cleaning food like dried fish, carrot and a biscuit at bedtime which she has to have to prevent morning sickness.
I don't have room in my freezer for a months supply of food (you can buy more and save the delivery charge if you have the room) so am preparing my own raw diet from a variety of foods at the moment but hope to try Darlings when I can.

I am a real convert to raw food (having previous fed mainly my own cooked food diet having been put of the thought of BARF and having large amounts of dead animals laying around ) and the results are great. Good body muscle and condition, fit dog with lots of energy, fresh breath, lovely coat and skin, small poos and a very happy dog which sits waiting for her meals .
blkntanbull
Dogsey Junior
Male 

20-06-2010, 09:27 AM
i bought 10 kilos of natural instinct and although all mine are used to raw tripe,chicken and raw lamb,they didnt like the natural instinct,so i ended up selling the remainder to my sister and her dog (brother and son to my two) loved it! im back on the prize choice raw mince and at least all mine love it and at 60p a block it does work out way cheaper.
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2010, 10:23 AM
Sounds like a good idea.
blkntanbull
Dogsey Junior
Male 

20-06-2010, 03:25 PM
i should add that by the 2nd day of being defrosted and kept in the fridge, the natural instinct did start to smell decidedly iffy,even if all mine had liked it i would have preferred smaller packs so you use one in a day without having to keep in a fridge.the prize choice at least is used the day its defrosted.