Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
charlew
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-11-2016, 06:24 PM

Something funny my dog did

The other day Justin my springer spaniel & I were at our favourite walkies destination & I needed the toilet, I went in to the ladies' at the car-park, I opened the cubicle door & entered, usually in these situations J joins me but this time he didn't want to & stayed in the hand-washing area, whilst I was sat down having a wee I heard someone enter, she went in to the cubicle next to mine, and............J followed her in!!! He sat inside the cubicle of a public toilet with a complete stranger whilst she was having a wee!!!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2016, 06:30 PM
Hahaha, I can imagine Pepsi doing that she thinks everyone loves her and that she has the right to do as she pleases
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-11-2016, 07:46 PM
Are dogs allowed into public toilets?
I rarely use them but if I had to my dear wife would look after the dog or, if I was on my own, I'd tie him to simething like a lamp post or a bicycle rail and ask him to wait.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2016, 09:35 AM
I have often taken Pepsi into a public loo ....... needs must
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-11-2016, 09:41 AM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
I have often taken Pepsi into a public loo ....... needs must
But do the rules allow it?
chlosmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-11-2016, 10:18 AM
Originally Posted by Besoeker View Post
But do the rules allow it?
I'm not sure about the rules in the UK, but here in Hungary dogs are not allowed in public buildings, food shops, shopping centre or restaurants, which really restricts you when you own a dog.

You can however take them into a pet shop or sit outside on the terrace of a restaurant and most hotels are dog friendly in that they allow dogs to sleep in the bedroom with you, usually for a small nightly charge.

There aren't many public toilets in this country, so most people use the loos at a petrol station which is what I normally do. A few times I have stopped a a petrol station for a coffee and a trip to the loo with my Tibetan Spaniel Chloe.

For some reason she was fascinated with the plumbing and stood with her paws on the toilet bowl watching the water flush down the hole! I think she would have stayed there all day if I'd let her!
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-11-2016, 10:23 AM
I don't use public toilets tbh but if I had to the dogs would come in with me, there's no way I'd tie them up outside. The dogs would be happy to wait but I don't trust other people to leave them alone.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2016, 10:28 AM
I don't care whether dogs are allowed or not in public loos, there is no way in a million years would I leave Ben or any other dog tied up outside. All my dogs have always come in to the cubicle with me, and that's an end to it! Ben's father, Hal, always would come into the loo with me at home - he didn't like to be separated from me!!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2016, 12:12 PM
I have a photo somewhere of Zak waiting patiently for me while I nipped into public loos on the beach where we used to walk regularly. There aren't any "no dog" signs, so I have no problem with dogs being allowed in - so long as they aren't pooping and peeing on the floor or walls etc etc.
chlosmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-11-2016, 01:22 PM
In Hungary you'll often find dogs patiently sitting outside the supermarket whilst their owners are inside doing their shopping. And they're off leash as well! It's such a normal sight no one takes much notice and usually ignore the dog which is what I do.

You'll also see lots of off leash dogs trotting alongside their owners in the middle of the city centre. It always amazes me when they need to cross a busy main road how, even if the dog is slightly in front of their owner the dog will wait until their owner has caught up to them and checked it's safe to cross.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >