View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
monkeydonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-02-2009, 11:18 AM
Thanks for all your replies. I think mine maybe get too many treats i tried some of the healthier options yesterday but none of them are interested....they just sniffed some raw carrott and walked off!!!

Have to say though none of them are overweight so i can't be over-doing it too much!! Going to keep trying with the healthy options though as i might save myself a bit of money!!
Fred&Mya'smum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2009, 11:36 AM
Mine get meaty stips which are similar to schmackos on walks, they get broken up into tiny pieces and I probably use one or two a walk but they get walked 3 times a day
When I leave for work they get a stuffed kong and either a frozen carrot, raw bone, cows ear or a pig skin chewy.
For bedtime they get a dog biscuit like a bonio or gravy bone
Harry25
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-02-2009, 05:43 PM
Depends really on what she's done to deserve a treat! Always a biscuit or a JWB Lightbite when mum leaves for work, she's last one out in the morning. And always a biscuit at bedtime, otherwise it depends if we've done any training or if she's done something extra good out on a walk that deserve praise and reward.
grommit
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2009, 06:01 PM
Paris gets a denta stick and Phil has a rawhide chew after their morning walk. (No point giving denta stix to Phil he doesnt chew them just bites them in half and swallows them whole!!! ).

They also have another treat after their evening walk, a pigs ear or a bonio or tripe stick each.

Biscuits to get them to get off their beds, to go for a wee before bed and to encourage paris to come for a walk!!

Ooh and just remembered they get a chunk of carrot every other day at tea time when i preparing salad for the guinea pigs!
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2009, 07:30 PM
Just boiled chicken and cheese. The occasional tinsy bit of toast. That's it. Never give the commercial type treats, not sure what's really in them, so don't go there.
GoldieBoy
Dogsey Junior
Male 

30-03-2009, 01:20 PM
Hiya.

I give my dog Fish4Dogs treats. They do loads of different sizes, so you can give them more or less without over-feeding them. They're really healthy, 100% natural and cure dog breath too!

Try them at Fish4Dogs.com.

Hope that helps,

Andy.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3