Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
abbie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2011, 09:14 PM
Originally Posted by MerlinsMum View Post
They do say about Belgian Shepherds that you would either never have another one, or never have another breed.

I'm in the latter category and on my second already!
I totally agree with this and am hoping for my second
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2011, 09:16 PM
If anyone would have said to me 2 years ago that I would be owning a greyhound I would have laughed at them as I never ever thought I would like them.
Now I just wish I had owned them years ago as they really are fabulous dogs, so yes I am getting another and I collect her on Saturday. I'm well and truly hooked and just sad I never discovered the real them years ago.
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2011, 09:52 PM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
If anyone would have said to me 2 years ago that I would be owning a greyhound I would have laughed at them as I never ever thought I would like them.
Now I just wish I had owned them years ago as they really are fabulous dogs, so yes I am getting another and I collect her on Saturday. I'm well and truly hooked and just sad I never discovered the real them years ago.
I have never heard anyone who has had a Greyhound saying they would never have another, they really seem addictive.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2011, 10:02 PM
Yes but I would be a lot more careful!

If we were in the position to have a puppy I would get one from Parker's breeding. If we got a rehome/rescue again I would make very sure of its temperament with other dogs before agreeing to take it on.
Findley
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-02-2011, 10:02 PM
I cannot imagine life without a sighthound, but the ones I like and would have more of is The Scottish Deerhound I have three, and would add to this if I had the space. My other love and I have only had for two years is a whippet I am hoping to get a female pup later this year.
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2011, 10:16 PM
Alfie is half JRT and now I can see no matter what other dogs I have, there will always be space for a JRT. I was never overly fond of them, but since Alfie (he has a laid back side to him, but if he wants to "remind" me of the JRT in him, he will ), I love them. Such awesome characters in such small dogs!

Would like to have a few different breeds in future too
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2011, 10:23 PM
I adore Border Collies, but, unfortunately, will never have another. I'm getting older, but more than that, I'm not as mobile as I was when I got Sam so if I do get another dog when Sam is no longer with me, it will be a smaller breed
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2011, 10:44 PM
Chinese Cresteds = always, Border Collies - would be nice as I love the breed although could live without one. Jrt not my choice of dog, I would not go out and buy one.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2011, 10:58 PM
Originally Posted by 2Greys View Post
I'd certainly have another greyhound as they seem to suit me well were both laidback, like lazing about and not walking miles & miles, i can't really imagine not having one about now. I think they are beautiful , very graceful and I could be tempted to add a lurcher or other sighthound in future. I have a soft spot for staffy's also but they might be a bit too active, i don't really know much about the breed but have liked friends.
you need to meet my staffy,, active would not be a word you would use to describe him !! LOL

Will always have a staffy, there is no other breed for me, Hubby would like a mastiff, so would have that.....and a staffy....
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2011, 11:11 PM
Yes I would, but I prefer variety. Sticking with the same breed over and over is (IMO) boring...variety is the spice of life!!
Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »