View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2011, 09:20 PM
Although I have had 3 Springers, a Goldie, various cross breeds and 2 GSPs, and loved them dearly, my next dog will be a GSD or a Rottie. It seems a shame to limit yourself to one or two breeds when there are so many out there to learn about and enjoy.
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2011, 10:48 PM
A few months ago I would have probably said No to another Dalmatian, but we really seem to have clicked now, he is stubborn and doesn't see why he should do some things, but he has some really good points and he actually suits my life style really well, can't wait till I can start him out with the horses and let him do what he is bred to do.

I'm not sure I would have another Springer or a Collie. I love Bernese Mountain Dogs but the health problems put me off, I like Hovawarts, Munsterlanders, Wetterhouns, German Shorthair Pointers, Gordon Setters and love Goldens, but would have the working type rather than the show, but I must say I have been swayed towards the short coat of the Dally, and their in built love of horses has been a real bonus.
Jessi Clark
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2011, 10:50 PM
Yes, Chester is wonderful in almost every aspect, his spotty recall and his tendency to argue with you when you ask him to do something on occasion , amazing in looks and temperament. . Griffin has the best aspects of both his parents, he has the calmness of a gordon that balances out his irish flightiness, he does what he's told because I ask him, he doesn't need a reason or try to barter with you , his recall is infinitely better than his big brother and he settles a lot more quickly. Saying that, I have an ever changing list in my head of breeds that I'd love, mostly but not all gundogs but am constantly browsing rescue websites, crosses, pedigrees, I'm not fussy ! I can always see myself with a gordon though if I'm honest, from our first when I was 6 months I think I've been thoroughly corrupted!!
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2011, 12:09 AM
I'm sure I'll have plenty more mutts in my future, though I do want to get a purebred BC someday.
wildmoor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-03-2011, 01:13 AM
I would have more of my current breeds room permitting: GSDs and CPs, but would like some Fuchs as well in particular if at some stage in the future I get livestock, I would even consider the Schwarzer (northern prick eared type not the southern drop eared which reminds me of flat coat retriever)
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2011, 01:43 PM
Well I've only had GSDs for 60 years so I don't see things changing. Only difference is I now have older rescue dogs rather than breeding my own.
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2011, 02:26 PM
My first 'love' was Bullseye, the dog in Oliver Twist and bullies have always been in my heart. Now I have my boy I feel that I have finally reached my goal.

Having said that....my Lurcher was the most unLurcher like boy. He loved the cats, was frightened of my rabbits and would leave the room when the hamster came out to play!

My Border Collie. My dear Dylan. Rescued from a life of neglect and abuse and his scars still show. But he's so soppy, so eager to please me and the most faithful male I have ever known in my life.

Lily, the Jack Russell who looks like a mini GSD and who makes me smile when nothing seems to be right. The terrier who loves my cats, adores her best terrier friend and is the biggest floosie on the planet when a dog is bigger than her!

And last but by no means least Alfie. The soppiest Staffie you could meet. So laid back he is horizontal. He adores Lily and Dylan. Loves the cats and thinks everyone is his friend, human or canine.

I've been so lucky with all my dogs and I just know that whatever plans I may have, something will change and I will end up with the dog that needs me.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2011, 06:42 PM
Originally Posted by lilypup View Post
My first 'love' was Bullseye, the dog in Oliver Twist and bullies have always been in my heart. Now I have my boy I feel that I have finally reached my goal.

Having said that....my Lurcher was the most unLurcher like boy. He loved the cats, was frightened of my rabbits and would leave the room when the hamster came out to play!

My Border Collie. My dear Dylan. Rescued from a life of neglect and abuse and his scars still show. But he's so soppy, so eager to please me and the most faithful male I have ever known in my life.

Lily, the Jack Russell who looks like a mini GSD and who makes me smile when nothing seems to be right. The terrier who loves my cats, adores her best terrier friend and is the biggest floosie on the planet when a dog is bigger than her!

And last but by no means least Alfie. The soppiest Staffie you could meet. So laid back he is horizontal. He adores Lily and Dylan. Loves the cats and thinks everyone is his friend, human or canine.

I've been so lucky with all my dogs and I just know that whatever plans I may have, something will change and I will end up with the dog that needs me.
All these dogs seem really sociable and friendly, relaxed at home from what you have said, just like to say the common denominator is.....yourself? Good stuff
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2011, 07:38 AM
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
All these dogs seem really sociable and friendly, relaxed at home from what you have said, just like to say the common denominator is.....yourself? Good stuff
Aw, thank you! xx
Page 10 of 10 « First < 7 8 9 10