Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2009, 04:22 AM

4 in the morning

and still wide awake. Yet another two hours sleep out of a 24 hour day. The older I get the less sleep I seem to need. Makes you wonder why doesn't it.
I said this to my dear old Mom the other day (she 88 this year) and she said....Oh! thats because your coming towards the other end of life and your afraid of missing something before you go...........that ok for her to say I'm only 56 had to laugh to myself though.
I'm down stairs, the dogs are fast alseep, Reah is snoring, and so is Patrick...albeit that he is upstairs, I can hear him quite clearly The cats are sound asleep all but for Colin who has just asked to go out, there is not a sound outside.....infact with the snoring going on it would probably be more peaceful out there.
Thing is, I never seem tired...............anyone else have this problem.
As a younger person I always had to have 8 hours plus.
Hopefully tonight will be better as later today I am going over to my alloment to make a start...only just got it on Sunday, maybe that's what I need. lots of fresh air and plenty of hard labour
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2009, 07:43 AM
Steph when I was younger up to about the age of 40 something I slept very well. Infact I could sleep too well!!

The last two months I have not slept at all well, managing only a couple of hours per night, and not feeling overly tired either.

I am like this most winter months, not sure why ?
Angel44
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-01-2009, 07:52 AM
I have suffered with insomnia for years. I usually function on approx 3 to 4 hours sleep a night. Most of the time I am fine and don't feel tired at all, but sometimes it catches up with me and I have a burn out. I end up having to stay in bed for most of the day sleeping on and off. It usually only last 1 day and then I'm fine again.

I drink loads of tea and wouldn't often have 2 or 3 cups late at night. I recently stopped drinking tea from about 3 o'clock in the afternoon and I am sleeping so much better I'm amazed
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2009, 09:11 AM
Maybe Tea or Coffee is what does it. Although I have always drank it, and not to excess either. I went back to bed about 5.30 listened to the radio till 6.30 then off to sleep till 8.

It's a steady pattern been like it now for about a year, two hours here or there and I'm full of beans again.
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2009, 09:35 AM
Oh I wish I could be full of beans after that amount of sleep! I went to bed at 9 PM sunday night and still struggled to get up in the morning. I think its a legacy from working nights I always think I am owed the sleep LOL :P
Reisu
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-01-2009, 10:59 AM
I wouldn't mind that... Anything less than 12 hours is murder for me
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2009, 11:36 AM
Are you sure its not your OH snoring that wakes you up??
I have that problem!!!

Caffeine stays in your system for 12 hours btw, so i wouldnt drink any after lunch time. Even if you get to sleep it prevents you going into a deep sleep xx
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2009, 11:44 AM
I'm 43 and I have no energy at all. I need 8 hours a night minimum and any less leaves me like a zombie. The last couple of nights have been really disturbed because Bailey (my intact boy) is whining like mad as two of my girls are in season and he obviously can't get to them. I have a serious headache and feel like death warmed up! I so wish I needed less sleep. I only drink caffeine in the morning though, so maybe some cups of tea during the day/evening will give me more energy to keep going. The older I get, the more sleep I need By the time I'm 60, I'll be sleeping for 16 hours and awake for 8 hours
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2009, 01:00 PM
I don't sleep well either and I find if I have anything with caffeine in it I sleep even less .
I love the summer months as I get up about 5am and take my dogs out and I have the whole place to myself , bliss
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2009, 01:36 PM
I generally sleep well but never feel refreshed in the morning. I still haven't got used to getting up an hour and a half earlier to take monty for his morning stroll.

My biggest problem at the moment is that don't sleep straight through. Usually wake up at least 2 or 3 times in the night and the weird thing is it's always at exactly the same time right down to the minute! This week it's been 3:07am.

However as of Saturday I have the bed to myself for a whole week as the other half is going Skiing so might get some peace and quiet!! Lol.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >