Female 

28-08-2008, 04:30 AM
..................32 including wisdom teeth..........I think
Lene
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-08-2008, 06:37 AM
Originally Posted by Rookgeordiegirl View Post
I have a morbid fear of dentists due to the fact that when I was about 7yrs old (only 49yrsago ) I can clearly remember being dragged into the dentist by the nurse and being held in the chair and "gassed" to have a tooth out ,and the fear remained resulting in me being absolutely terrified,like not having been for the past 12yrs until I fell (no alcohol involved.......... honest) and loosened my 2 front teeth. I had no choice and as I walked into the dentist to make the appt I broke into tears thinking I would have to wait ages for an appt. the prac. manager seeing the state I was in arranged for me to see the dentist then and there!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I felt like running but knew I had no option, Well to cut a long story short Kevin (the dentist) was wonderful,even promised me he wouldnt hurt and after 7 visits over 9weeksI have 3 new teeth and the rest "fixed"
So I know just how you all feel, must admit after coming out of the dentist that first time it gave me such a buzz dont think I would have been flying any higher if I'd been given a million quid.

jeanette
Wow! That's great... I'm the same as you were... Forced down in the dentist chair at 7, gassed, and had a filling to a front tooth...

I have a completely unreasonable fear of dentists, and haven't been for the 25 years I've been in Australia. I'm lucky I have good teeth, with no major problems I can see or feel. No doubt I will one day have to face the dentist again...
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2008, 08:37 AM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
They stole 28 teeth? 28! geez that must have been fecking agony hope they gave em back to you,,, you would have made a fortune from the tooth fairy with that lot!
They never gave them back lol

It wasn't as painful as you think,my gums were tender and bruised,not really painful It was nothing compared to the toothache and abcesses I used to suffer with.

Apparently the wisdom ones came out really easy.They gave me a painkiller after I came back from surgery then sent me home an hour later.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2008, 10:12 AM
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
They never gave them back lol

It wasn't as painful as you think,my gums were tender and bruised,not really painful It was nothing compared to the toothache and abcesses I used to suffer with.

Apparently the wisdom ones came out really easy.They gave me a painkiller after I came back from surgery then sent me home an hour later.
oh your brave,, I dont think I would be too chuffed If I came round to find 28 teeth gone
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

28-08-2008, 12:45 PM
how many teeth does an adult have?
I don't know Shona but out dogs have a heck of a lot more and they look a lot healthier than mine
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2008, 12:49 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
I don't know Shona but out dogs have a heck of a lot more and they look a lot healthier than mine
Well get yourself up the dentist for a good overhaul
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2008, 08:50 AM
well im off back to the dentist today,,10.30am to have the wisdom tooth filled, sat here chain smoking,,, what a coward I am eh?
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2008, 09:20 AM
It is gonna be fine and you'll be back before you know it
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2008, 10:19 AM
Originally Posted by Lionhound View Post
It is gonna be fine and you'll be back before you know it
your not wrong there, COZ my appointments next week, turned up at the dentist,,, the poor womans getting really flustered thinking she had made a mistake, she was making all sorts of OH MY,,,sort of comments so I checked my appointment card,,, voila,,,, next tuesday
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2008, 10:23 AM
your not wrong there, COZ my appointments next week, turned up at the dentist,,, the poor womans getting really flustered thinking she had made a mistake, she was making all sorts of OH MY,,,sort of comments so I checked my appointment card,,, voila,,,, next tuesday
You're keen, did you tell them it was a practice run
The only thing is that after psyching yourself up you will have to go through it all again
Page 6 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >