Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2008, 05:36 PM
Definitely a Dogsey Dentist Day!

I was there too this morning at 10am getting my crown fitted and a clean and polish - or as my dentist does - a dig and punish.

Honestly, that woman really needs a slap - I'm sure she enjoys inflicting the pain.

Anyhoo, I survived for another 6 months.......
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2008, 05:37 PM
Originally Posted by Benzmum View Post
Yeah much better ta...am a bit worried about this root treatment caper as have to say If you hit me with a paving slab I'd cry Oh well only 8 days to wait
Lynne - don't worry about the root canal treatment. I've had a couple done, and once you've had the jabs, you can't feel anything anyway. I think the jabs are the worst bit, to be honest.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2008, 06:38 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Lynne - don't worry about the root canal treatment. I've had a couple done, and once you've had the jabs, you can't feel anything anyway. I think the jabs are the worst bit, to be honest.

aaaarrrrggggggg dont say that,, I will need a jag to have my filling done wont I? tbh, I havent had a filling since I was about 8 I think,, so cant remember. Gawd I have been so lucky with my teeth,
Do I get a jag for a filling?
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2008, 06:46 PM
I'm so pleased everyone is getting sorted with their toothache and tingly teeth.

Shona, you may be able to have the tooth filled without a jab if its only a small one...I was brave at the end of last year and had a big one done without a jab....never again

The tooth I had out on Saturday is gradually starting to feel better...but I have bad toothache now and again as the tumour is pushing on nerves, went to the doc again this evening but they can't give me anything for it apparently
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2008, 06:47 PM
Vicki - the jag is the one thing I am ok with!!! It just freaks me out that it won't numb the tooth enough or that it will wear off whilst he's doing horrible stuff.

Shona - not sure - i got a jag on Sunday and again today but then the whole in my tooth is nearly the size of my mouth and thats kinda BIG!!!
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2008, 07:22 PM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
I'm so pleased everyone is getting sorted with their toothache and tingly teeth.

Shona, you may be able to have the tooth filled without a jab if its only a small one...I was brave at the end of last year and had a big one done without a jab....never again

The tooth I had out on Saturday is gradually starting to feel better...but I have bad toothache now and again as the tumour is pushing on nerves, went to the doc again this evening but they can't give me anything for it apparently

Is it painful without the jag? I have never had toothache in the proper form, im just being wooosy at a tingle, I can imagine what you and benzmum are feeling, cos the tingle aint nice, hugs hun, xxx
Originally Posted by Benzmum View Post
Vicki - the jag is the one thing I am ok with!!! It just freaks me out that it won't numb the tooth enough or that it will wear off whilst he's doing horrible stuff.

Shona - not sure - i got a jag on Sunday and again today but then the whole in my tooth is nearly the size of my mouth and thats kinda BIG!!!
I do feel kinda pathetic given what your going through,,, hugs hun, did he do something to help you just now or are you just feeling better because you have had a jag today? will you be in the same amount of pain when the jag wears off
Rookgeordiegirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2008, 07:56 PM
I have a morbid fear of dentists due to the fact that when I was about 7yrs old (only 49yrsago ) I can clearly remember being dragged into the dentist by the nurse and being held in the chair and "gassed" to have a tooth out ,and the fear remained resulting in me being absolutely terrified,like not having been for the past 12yrs until I fell (no alcohol involved.......... honest) and loosened my 2 front teeth. I had no choice and as I walked into the dentist to make the appt I broke into tears thinking I would have to wait ages for an appt. the prac. manager seeing the state I was in arranged for me to see the dentist then and there!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I felt like running but knew I had no option, Well to cut a long story short Kevin (the dentist) was wonderful,even promised me he wouldnt hurt and after 7 visits over 9weeksI have 3 new teeth and the rest "fixed"
So I know just how you all feel, must admit after coming out of the dentist that first time it gave me such a buzz dont think I would have been flying any higher if I'd been given a million quid.

jeanette
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2008, 08:41 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
Is it painful without the jag? I have never had toothache in the proper form, im just being wooosy at a tingle, I can imagine what you and benzmum are feeling, cos the tingle aint nice, hugs hun, xxx

I do feel kinda pathetic given what your going through,,, hugs hun, did he do something to help you just now or are you just feeling better because you have had a jag today? will you be in the same amount of pain when the jag wears off

Shona if it was me I would jump at the jag... says me eh?? the big brave dentist conqueror!!! NOT!!!!!!

Yeah I should be ok, and touch wood I am a lot better than i was on Sat. He has cleaned out the decay and apparently the antibios should kill the infection and then he can treat it properly

Hmmm Maybe I should try a denta stik a day???
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2008, 08:57 PM
Have the jab Shona. Fillings without, even small ones, can be a bit painful.

Lynne - believe me honey, they give you loads of numbing stuff - it can take 5-6 hours to wear off, so it's loads of time to do the work. If you start to feel anything at all during, just shout and they'll top it up. The top ups are painless, as you're already numb!

x0x
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2008, 09:01 PM
when they give you the jag to numb it, is it painful?

no second thoughts dont tell me lol
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »