Our sister sites
Kimbles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2006, 10:53 AM

** not sure what to do, advice please**

hi all,,

ok will try make this as short as i can,,

my little girl abbie has been unwell on and off since wednesday the 15th march, she gets a temp at night and all she wants to do is sleep, she is have 1 or 2, 2 hour naps during the day and still wanting to go to bed by half past 8 in the evening, she keeps saying she is cold and is very pale

about a year ago we went through the same thing, doc done blood tests and it turned out she like me was anaemic (sp) and was given iron meds,,

my dilemma,, do i take her back to docs and request more tests?? or presume its an iron defficiency again and try get her iron level up with supplements and foods etc??

i hate seeing her so tired and lethargic all the time, any advice more than welcome
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2006, 11:01 AM
Well personally I would take her back to the docs and demand more tests if I was you Kimberley. Perhaps if they can do some more blood tests they might find she needs some different medication or something.
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2006, 11:02 AM
Hi Kimberley, if it were Charlie, she would be straight up to the docs mate, that's what they're there for - after doc has said that you are right and she is anaemic, then you can relax - it could just be something else though xx
Kimbles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2006, 11:05 AM
thankyou both of you,, i hate feeling like a panicky mum but when it comes to my kids i like to think its better to be safe than sorry

she is not right at all, she is as white as a sheet and has dark rings round her eyes she is supposed to be going to school at half 12 and has just gone to sleep, i tried keeping her awake but she just couldnt keep her little eyes open
Ella's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2006, 11:11 AM
as you said hun better to be safe i would take her back but also try giving her more iron rich food easier said than done i no
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2006, 11:23 AM
i would go back to docs and ask them to check things out. good luck hope you are able to sort this out
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-03-2006, 11:33 AM
I would take her to the Docs too,hope she is well again soon,terrible when your Children are unwell...
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2006, 11:48 AM
Agree with everyone else, best to get her checked out at the docs,they'll know what to do for the best and if it's anyhting like here you should be able to get a blood test done really quickly??? My son was tested for anaemia not too long ago ( pale and tired like your little girl) and we just whizzed him down to the hospital for it. Has she had a few colds this winter? Our doc said that can lead to anaemia pretty quickly as the body uses it's resources fighting infection. Maybe it's that.
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2006, 12:50 PM
Aww, Poor Abbie

I'd take her back to the doctors, because like you say it's better to be safe than sorry

Good Luck

{{{hugs}}} to little Abbie xx
Kimbles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2006, 01:45 PM
thanx everyone,,,

ive made abbie an appt for the doctor, first one available was friday morning so will have to just persavere until then, she slept for 2hrs 15 mins this morning and has whinged ever since she woke up, she certainly not herself

yes she has had cold after cold after tummy bug after cough all through the winter, its been one thing after another really so maybe her little body is just worn out

will let you all know how we get on and thankyou again for being there
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >